PDA

View Full Version : another way to tell hydro date of tank?

spwz99
08-07-2006, 02:56 PM
is there a way to tell what the hydro date is on a relatively new steel HPA tank by the stamped information at the neck of the tank? I am looking at buying a used tank the seller says he bought at christmas time last year, but he says the original hydro date was never stamped on it by the factory, so i was worried about fields refusing to fill it., and the possibility that he has altered the label to pas off an old tank as a new one. help me out. thanks.

Pneumagger
08-07-2006, 04:05 PM
that's a load of crap. The original numbers should have been stamped in the tank somewhere, be it encoded in the tank serial numbers or an actual date in the form of MM*YY. If there is no date, it should not be allowed to be filled.

Tell him to look harder. Or to call the manufacturer or look up the website for the meaning of the serial numbers.

athomas
08-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Yes, there should be a number that indicates a manufacturers date and also a model number for checking specifications.

spwz99
08-10-2006, 01:54 PM
once i asked him for the numbers printed around the neck of the tank and told him they would contain the original hydro date, he stopped replying to my emails. fishy? a little.

athomas
08-11-2006, 02:33 PM
I think you may have caused him to take a step back from the table, realizing that he wasn't going to be able to pull the wool over your eyes.