PDA

View Full Version : Sear gets stuck back...

G Squat
08-07-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure what the problem is. I have a ule bodied, x valved ult'd mag that I just got an ultimate mech frame for. Its not the frame because its done it before, but I was wondering what makes the sear stick in the back position. Seems like it might be from short stroking, but even if, why wont it move back forward? Sometimes the only way to bring it back forward is to physically pull the sear forward with my fingers. I put some more shims for the ult in my gun and it seemed to help. I dont have any more so I dont know if I were to put more in, whether or not it would fix it. Any help???

grEnAlEins
08-07-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm not sure what the problem is. I have a ule bodied, x valved ult'd mag that I just got an ultimate mech frame for. Its not the frame because its done it before, but I was wondering what makes the sear stick in the back position. Seems like it might be from short stroking, but even if, why wont it move back forward? Sometimes the only way to bring it back forward is to physically pull the sear forward with my fingers. I put some more shims for the ult in my gun and it seemed to help. I dont have any more so I dont know if I were to put more in, whether or not it would fix it. Any help???
Try more shims :confused:
1 LVL X shim = 2 ULT shims as far as thickness goes. I think they are even the same diamiter and will fit. Other than that IDK whats up off the top of my head. Does it work fine with the E/X on/off assembly?

Drizit
08-07-2006, 07:47 PM
when in dought go back to stock and change things one at a time. If you have a stock on/off put it in, if not borrow one, if you have a reg on there before the valve remove it, if you have an adjustible air system turn it up.... and last of all.... lubrication it's amazing howmeany things you can fix with this. oil the sear pivot oil the on/off put oil in the asa and start shooting to oil the valve, you almost can't put to much oil in the gun any excess will just be shot out, just make sure you do it some place you don't mind getting oil and make sure you don't use the barrel or that you have a swab with a rubber end to clean it with.

good luck

robnix
08-07-2006, 08:14 PM

Mine did the same thing. Adjusting the sear arm and the trigger stops fixed it pretty quickly.