PDA

View Full Version : reg. valve pin spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spacemanspiff
12-24-2001, 09:48 PM
Well I was replacing all my o-rings as I usually do every year. And as I pulled out the valve pin the spring decided to come out as well. And now I can't get it back in. I don't want to just stuff it in there cause it will f-up the spring. Do I have to send it to AGD to get a new spring? I was planing to get an retro valve anyway, but I was going to do the valve exchange program. Now with my prob I don't know what to do. Anyone give me some help. Thanks.

BlackVCG
12-24-2001, 10:32 PM
Just carefully with your hand place it in the hole and press it in as far as you can. Then, take a wooden dowel small enough to press it in the rest of the way. Insert the reg. valve pin and it should be fine. It doesn't matter if the valve pin is sticking out more than before, the piston holds it forward and the spring is just there to hold the pin in place.

spacemanspiff
12-25-2001, 04:23 AM
When I did try to push the spring it just seemed to hard to push in. I will try to use a dowel to get it back in. But I'm just concerned about crushing the spring. Cause that is what seem to happen when I try to push it in by hand. If the spring is all right only half way in than I'll leave it that way.

spacemanspiff
12-25-2001, 08:46 AM
Otay I got it back in. Everything seems to be fine. Hopefully it stays that way. Anyway I'll be ordering my rt valve soon. As long as it stays workin gtill then.
Thanks for the help BlackVCG:)