PDA

View Full Version : making a field..need some help!

Skate And Paint
08-08-2006, 05:42 PM
hey guys. well my friend has this horse pasture that they havent used in 2 years so we decided to make it into a field. weve got 28 pallets, and 24 50 gal. drums (heavy plastic). we got them all for free, and we could get more but his mom doesnt want much more than that.

we also have a huge old tractor we're gonna put in the middle. and we have 3 bail feeders that we took apart to construct a snake, basically it looks like this "~~~~" (roughly).

now we arent sure how to set up the field....so this is where i need u guys, if u get totally bored and want to draw somethin up in paint thatd be great. or if youve got any tips/pointers for us. thanks alot guys , and ill try to get some pics of the supplies and field tomorrow after we work.

o yea, its a square thats roughly 150ft on each side.

spwz99
08-08-2006, 05:56 PM
how many people do you want the field to handle. that really determines the size and design

geekwarrior
08-08-2006, 06:14 PM
go to the psp website, and look at one of the current events. They'll have a feild diagram on there somewhere, model it somewhat like that.

LiveWire
08-08-2006, 09:18 PM
well you've got to have something like that tractor in the middle. deffinatly need the snake too. around 2 spots for back guys on each side and maybe 3-4 places to take up and down opposite of snake side so that you can move up that side too. the 'core' of either side is up to you. try to keep it fair, but interesting. personally i wouldn't clutter it up too much. now get to it! :shooting:

Skate And Paint
08-09-2006, 12:00 AM
ha thanks for the inquiry so far guys. and i just realized this may not be the right section, but i dont get on AO much (im more of a pbf man haha)

we'd want about 8-10 people playin total.

buzzboy
08-09-2006, 06:28 AM
Make sure you have a way to close up the gaps between the drums. On my field there are many problems with that because a ball will fit through but only at certain angles and so on...

Sounds pretty sweet. That tractor would make a cool center piece.

spwz99
08-09-2006, 08:35 AM
a word of advice on the tractor. make sure and go over it with a fine toothed comb for any sharp edges. the last thing you want is someone playing tight to the frame and gashing an arm open on a rusty peice of metal.

YAY TETANUS :dance:

geekwarrior
08-09-2006, 12:19 PM
here you go, that looks like a fun layout

SoCal open (http://www.pspevents.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PagEd&file=index&topic_id=0&page_id=129)

Skate And Paint
08-09-2006, 10:54 PM
hey, thanks geekwarrior, that looks like itd be fun. i think we're gonna (attempt) to recreate that.

LiveWire
08-09-2006, 11:08 PM
no snake?! good lord...

SR_matt
08-10-2006, 09:59 AM
you can make portable bunkers (portable meaning u can change the field not that one eprson can move it in game) by taking 2 pallets and making /\

basicaly just make sure u mirror it on the oppositions side
-matt