PDA

View Full Version : Problem with a Halo loader....

travis2k2rf
08-09-2006, 02:06 PM
I tried over on nation and have gotten zero help...I figured I would ask here in hopes of one other person knowing what the heck is wrong with this thing.

I have fresh batteries, new stock board, and new eye harness.

My halo will only spin at the instant the eyes are tripped or untripped, but it won't feed continuously, it just turns for about half a second. Also, when i put paint in and trip the eyes with my finger, it will feed all the paint and then stop feeding entirely. I replaced the eyes hoping it would fix the problem, it didn't. I replaced the board hoping it would fix the problem, it didn't. I can take a video for you to better understand if its necessary, but hopefully I can get some answers before that.

Any ideas?

FallNAngel
08-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Possibly the motor?

One thing to try is break down the Halo entirely. If you can replace the eyes, you're a stones throw away from getting the motor out. Take the motor out so it's not connected to the gears/drivecone. Just see if the motor spins or not reliably.

The motor is almost the only thing it *could* be. Perhaps the drive cone might've come off the spring, though I doubt it.

travis2k2rf
08-09-2006, 03:09 PM
nah, check the drive cone, its pre-loaded and all that good stuff. I haven't really checked the motor, too lazy to rip it all the way apart....I guess I will do that sooner or later.

Its just sorta a weird problem, I have replaced two of the three "possible causes" (electrical anyways).

paintman1234
08-09-2006, 03:12 PM
does it feed paint into your gun at a high rate (avrage rate) of speed? if it does then your good... Just because your hopper wont work with your finger doesnt mean it wont work with paint.

anyways, sounds like it is your board, this would be a good opurtunity to buy a new faster board if you wanted to, or just buy a new stock board (I have a stock board actually, pm me)

I dont think your motor is the problem otherwise it would feed right or not at all. The only other thing I would check would be the connections from the board to the motor and eyes

onedude36
08-09-2006, 05:02 PM
I could be the belt? It could have slipped off. Something similar to whats going on with you happened this weekend. I was told is was the belt. So i take it home, and it worked when i got there? :tard: I dun get it.

FallNAngel
08-09-2006, 06:32 PM
does it feed paint into your gun at a high rate (avrage rate) of speed? if it does then your good... Just because your hopper wont work with your finger doesnt mean it wont work with paint.

He did try with paint, read the first post.

anyways, sounds like it is your board, this would be a good opurtunity to buy a new faster board if you wanted to

The board is brand new.

I dont think your motor is the problem otherwise it would feed right or not at all.

No, the motor could be dieing. It's not an all or nothing thing. I've seen motors that just don't work well.

I could be the belt? It could have slipped off.

If the belt slipped off, it wouldn't spin at all.

st6212
08-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Your motor is burnt out. You need a new one.

punkncat
08-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Given that you have replaced the board and eye harness....and you have several suggestions to replace the motor....
Try checking the draw of the motor to be sure its not pulling too much juice and therefor causing the other problems you are having. Electronics act strange when they aren't getting the correct voltage.

BigEvil
08-11-2006, 06:53 AM
Belt could be loose or stretched? Gotta find out if the motor is working when it is supposed to.
DOnt try to make the Halo work by sticking your fingers in it, fill it with balls, and hold you palm against the feed neck to stop them. Some times those reflective eyes get finicky.

Bolter
08-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Ask a friend to lend you a halo, then through trial and error swap out his board with yours. Same thing happening? Its not the board. Swap out the drive cone. Same thing happening?

etc

Chronobreak
08-12-2006, 08:54 PM
make sure NO Wires are picnhed btwnt he shell halves

this is easy to miss and can cause irratic behaviors

travis2k2rf
08-14-2006, 04:19 PM
thanks for the suggestions thus far. I just got back from vacation and may get a chance to rip it arpart this week and look everything over. All I am left for options really, is the motor/motor wires. I have yet to try changing those out, so that may be my problem.

Its not pinched wires, I make sure to watch for that every time.

Its not because I am using my fingers, I try it with paint, and read the first post to see what it does (constant feeding of paint, very high speed, eyes don't seem to be working right)

Doubt its the belt, because this halo has not seen a whole lot of use and I never noticed a problem., but I will check it out.