PDA

View Full Version : Tom, Intelliframe Problem/Question....Please Read...

DiRTyBuNNy
12-25-2001, 01:28 AM
I just got a new nickel intelliframe..i'm happy..RobAGD is happy (because it finally arrived)..but here's my problem..i went to put my standard duckbill bottomline asa adapter that i've used on my cocker, piranha and my old minimag..and the sucker doesn't fit..it looks as though the holes were tapped about the width of the screw too far forward and were the tapping should be for the front screw there is the relief in the frame where the big chunk of aluminium was milled out..i don't know if i just didn't get the deal on it but for some reason i thought it would have been safe to assume that the frame would have taken something that is pretty much a standard in the industry as far as a bolt on and i was wondering what your input was/is on this..thank you.

The Mag Man
12-25-2001, 11:14 AM
I really hope ALL Intelliframes have standard threading for bottom lines on them. If not, than thats just dumb!

DiRTyBuNNy
12-25-2001, 11:24 AM
the tapping is the same..but the placement of the tapping is different...i can take a digital camera picture and show you...it looks like the holes were placed one screw width too far forward to use a standard duckbill bottom line..

Magsrule3
12-25-2001, 12:03 PM
Yep, Im pretty sure they all come like that. When they had the first contest for them my teammate(Flip540) won one, and his duckbill didnt fit on it. Now he has a BTO2k drop forward and it fis fine. If you want to keep a bottomline instead of a drop you could get a ICD, ACI, or others that make flat bottomlines. Hope this helps.

DiRTyBuNNy
12-25-2001, 12:10 PM
yeah..i think i'm going to end up getting a CP micro drop so that i get it a little down but it's still almost in the same place a standard duckbill would be...

AGD
12-25-2001, 06:25 PM
The holes are the right spacing apart they are just a little to far forward for some bottom lines. The second batch has them moved back. I would sugest using the drop forward or another bottom line. If you are stuck we can machine away some of your current BL to make it fit.

AGD