PDA

View Full Version : Cut down a standard feed?

Kilee
12-25-2001, 08:28 AM
Hello again, as you could guess I have a standard feed mag. I was wondering if I could saw it down a couple of cm so it's not such a tall target. Would there be any problems with this or would be void the warranty at all?

Puddleglum
12-25-2001, 11:49 AM
No, it won't hurt anything. If you do a good job it will look pretty cool. Good luck.

Cha0tic
12-25-2001, 09:35 PM
my only advice is, don't cut too much (measure first), don't just hack away. ok, hack away, then sand with 400 grit emory paper. make sure it is an even and smooth cut with no burrs. you don't want balls being held up in there.

DYE-BaLLeR
12-25-2001, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Puddleglum
No, it won't hurt anything. If you do a good job it will look pretty cool. Good luck.

it will hurt something. agd designed a long feed so that the balls can stack up to prevent bobbling during high rof, if u cut it down u will reduce the stack and increase breakage.

lonsch
12-26-2001, 01:23 AM
Thats funny i remember Tom saying that they made the standard feed that long so people wouldnt put there fingers down by the bolt and shoot the gun. more or less a safety feature.

but i could be wrong

gizmolax13
12-26-2001, 08:28 AM
i say go ahead and do it....if it is a safety feature then just remember not to stick ur fingers in there

Puddleglum
12-27-2001, 07:16 PM
I sit corrected. But I did it to one of mine, and the thing works fine. Just use good paint and a 12 volt or Warp and you'll be fine.