PDA

View Full Version : Weird malfunction thing

UnderCurrent
08-13-2006, 01:25 AM
Today when I was playing my gun worked perfectly fine for the first 3 or 4 games, but then after that it started to be reallly inconsistant, I was shooting maybe 217 then 285. Then later every 4th or 5th ball I would shoot would just kinda barely plop out, and some air would leak out of the barrel, but shots after that were fine untill it did it again. And if I wouldnt shoot it for a while, sometimes air would start to leak out of the barrel, and when I shot it after leaving it for a minute, it did the plop thing again. But for some reason if I would just barely push in and hold the reactive trigger, it wouldnt work leak or do the plop thing, and it kept working just fine as long as I was always barely pushing in the trigger when I wasnt firing. Sorry if that didnt make a lot of sense, it was kinda hard to explain. Would this possibly be a problem with the lvl 10? Needing to be tuned or something? Im still relatively new to the gun, so Im not sure what it could be. :tard: Help would be very appreciated.

the mag guy
08-13-2006, 01:07 PM
how many shims in your LX?
Carrier size? (dots and lines)

Have you since checked your on/off to make sure all o-rings are decent and lubed?

check the back side of the bolt and see if an o-ring is stuck inside there. My older classic used to shoot o-rings. If so, remove that o-ring and replace the missing one in the powertube.

Make sure your rear screw that hold the valve in place is screwed in tightly too. dont just hand tighten, use an allen wrench to snug it.

UnderCurrent
08-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Ok, I started dissasembly the vavle, and as far as I could tell, there was only one shim.

I couldnt figure out how to get the carrier out to tell how big it was.

I checked the on/off and all the o-rings looked fine, and lubed

And I didnt see any o-rings in the bolt, but I wasnt too sure what part is considered the power tube, so I didnt know where to check to see if any were missing

Im going to put it back together and see how it works now, making sure I tighten that screw

the mag guy
08-14-2006, 02:28 AM
take about an hour and read the tech stickies that are on here. They will help you with all your terminology and we have very deatialed pics. if you cant tell the size of the carries it prolly has no lines and no dots.

UnderCurrent
08-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Ok, thank you, I will definetely check them out

BigEvil
08-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Most velocity related problems are in the regulator (back) half of the valve. Take it apart, clean everything. Replace the reg seat oring, and the one in front of it. Replace the piston oring, lube well, and reasemble.

UnderCurrent
08-14-2006, 10:02 PM
ok, I will do that, but it isnt, just a velocity problem, some of the shots are just barely popping out, and the bolt kinda sticks forward for a second, and air comes out while it is sticking forward. If I can, I will try to get a video

BigEvil
08-15-2006, 07:16 AM
ok, I will do that, but it isnt, just a velocity problem, some of the shots are just barely popping out, and the bolt kinda sticks forward for a second, and air comes out while it is sticking forward. If I can, I will try to get a video

Ahh ok sorry, I gotta learn to read people's posts all the way through...... :)

BTW, what body does that gun have?

UnderCurrent
08-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Its not a problem, and it has a minimag body, but I soon will most likely get a ULE, to use a barrel kit from my last gun and have the vertical feed

UnderCurrent
08-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Ok, I looked at the carrier, and it has one sort of dash cut into it, what does this mean as far as size is concerned?