PDA

View Full Version : AO-OHIO mowin' some faces today

Pneumagger
08-13-2006, 06:02 PM
so AO-Ohio met today...at least few of us. Behemoth, Yeti, Pneumagger, Lenny and maybe another showed up to Splat to give it a go. Only $37 for a case of [really cheap] paint!

The very first comment I got was from the field ref: "Woah, is that a shocker...(2-3 seconds later) wait, no...WTF is that." I laughed. I had brought 3 mags with me, one was my pneumag, one was Lohman's freshly finished pneumag, and another was a stock paradigm.

Both lohman's and the paradigm went down before we got them on the field :cry: and were unable to be fixed up with the parts I had at my disposal. So all my bro and I had was my pneumag and an Emag. Needless to say - they shot like champs and turned a head or two.

we played some woodsball and airball and IIRC I'm pretty sure the pneumag had more kills than I was killed. I got to use a phantom in airball too! :tard: I got one kill with it and got real ballsy, until I went to bunker someone with the pump and got shot to heck - real bad. Phantom + bunkering = :nono: Next game I had the phantom again. I was the last guy left on our team :eek: and they knew I had a phantom. Needless to say I got bunkered on top the head hard while reloading the tube. :rolleyes:

My personal highlight was taking out 4 people in one game :headbang: Not bad considering I haven't played in 1.5 years and had a mech gun. The pneumag kept up and fired great all day (till LX chopped and I got a shell stuck in the bolt - I was having chopping probs with the long spring). Overall I'd say it performed 8.5/10 and I was real pleased.

behemoth will get some pics up later and vids.

EDIT: Some guy had a dark ego. Amazing. I got to shoot it and it was BUTTER! :hail: The kiddie that had it was an AGG wiping Dueche, but a nice gun. My bro and another player simultaneously bunkered and bonus balled the crap out of some wiping kid too and yelled "wipe that" :rofl:

buzzboy
08-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Wow, sounds pretty sweet. I wish I knew some more AOers than myself so I could go to one of these. Glad you went out and did the Mag's good. :)

Lenny
08-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Yeah, today was a great day. I probably played 2/10, but the amount of fun I had was definately a high 8/10. It was real cool meeting you all, and your pneumag is soo sweet. Shooting it was like an orgasm. One shot and "Oh!" Jaw hit the floor. Oh, and Lohmann(sp?), you're going to love your 'mag! I didn't shoot it, but it looks beautiful! :shooting:

Snowball likes noggin shots over kneelers... sorry for the headache.

Anywho, great day of play. I hated that red wiping :cuss: (enter suffix here), but what can you do?

Either way, it was great meeting you all, and I hope we can all play again together soon. Drop me a PM next time you all wanna go out. I'm game. :cheers:

Catch-a later!
- Brandon

P.S. - If you want, I'm willing to trade my Shocker for that pink pneumag :D LMK if your interested. If not, then I plan on doing some bussiness with ya soon. (I hope. Paying for college blows.) :tard:

P.P.S. - I played the entire day off of $13.85! Just to rub it in. I found a free admission coupon in my wallet, plus I had about a case of Formula 13 from last time left over. All I payed for was all day air, a water, and an ice cream afterwards! (Don't tell anyone about the Premiums. I only had 500 and were really starting to get old. I just wanted to finish them off. The rest of my paint was legit.)

Pneumagger
08-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah, at one point some guy came and said "whoa, a pneumag. Where did you get that made"
Me and Chris looked at him funny like who the heck are you? turns out it was lenny here from AO and had a few friends with him. He let me shoot his Shocker and I liked it - I might consider getting one in the future.

On a lighter note, has anyone ever been in a pinch on the field and had to tune an LPR with a stick for an allen wrench? Or is that an AO first? My LPR backed otu a little and was skipping shots so I grabbed a stick, jammed it in the front of the LPR and turned :D Then after the game I found out the mag was shooting like poo because there was a shell suck in the bolt spring :tard:

behemoth
08-13-2006, 07:36 PM
your vid is 'pending' on youtube...

Lenny. AOfamous:
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/2961/picture075hv5.th.jpg (http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture075hv5.jpg)

Pneumagger and his beauty:
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/8108/picture071rx0.th.jpg (http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture071rx0.jpg)

Mags of the day, before the emag fell off the bench:
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/8247/picture069oe9.th.jpg (http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture069oe9.jpg)

Somehow i managed to not get any action pics.. I suck.

Lenny
08-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Yeah, at one point some guy came and said "whoa, a pneumag. Where did you get that made"
Me and Chris looked at him funny like who the heck are you? turns out it was lenny here from AO and had a few friends with him. He let me shoot his Shocker and I liked it - I might consider getting one in the future.

On a lighter note, has anyone ever been in a pinch on the field and had to tune an LPR with a stick for an allen wrench? Or is that an AO first? My LPR backed otu a little and was skipping shots so I grabbed a stick, jammed it in the front of the LPR and turned :D Then after the game I found out the mag was shooting like poo because there was a shell suck in the bolt spring :tard:

Does using a long-*** twig as a bolt pin for a 'cocker count? I had to do that once. If I weren't in the middle of a fire fight, I probably would've broken it down so it'd stop hiting my goggles. :tard:

I also used a stick and some leaves as a sqeegee once, too; and successfully!

EDIT: God that's a horrible picture of me! :eek: Next time we meet, a better one is being taken!

rx2
08-13-2006, 08:34 PM
How do you guys like Splat? I have never had a chance to check it out in person.

behemoth
08-13-2006, 08:48 PM
How do you guys like Splat? I have never had a chance to check it out in person.

Lets just leave it at this:

Its my new home-feild.

Pneumagger
08-13-2006, 08:57 PM

$10 entrance with $10 air isn't too bad...but the $37 per case was nice. and $47/$57 for mid/premium seemed great too. 2 airball fields, hypertube field, and a woodsball field provided plenty of variety - even though we only played 2 fields. Refs were nice (not too active though) and the field owner's a great guy. Not too many AGG kids and seems like a safe place for gear.

:cheers:

behemoth
08-13-2006, 09:21 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lCZ5oXkEv5A

LegumeOfTerror
08-13-2006, 09:38 PM
that gun looks familiar... glad you managed to break it :D looks like you all had fun. arnt to many AO people in florida, and last time i tried to get em to meet only one showed... seeing your gun shoot thier gives me some promise for when i get mine back!

theyetti
08-13-2006, 09:41 PM
it was your f***** saftey????

Pneumagger
08-13-2006, 09:44 PM

LOL - So I got the mag home and couldn't figure out why the on off pin wouldn't retract when I tried to take the valve out. Yup... you guessed it. ^^^Quote

rx2
08-13-2006, 10:24 PM
$10 entrance with $10 air isn't too bad...but the $37 per case was nice. and $47/$57 for mid/premium seemed great too. 2 airball fields, hypertube field, and a woodsball field provided plenty of variety - even though we only played 2 fields. Refs were nice (not too active though) and the field owner's a great guy. Not too many AGG kids and seems like a safe place for gear.

:cheers:

Hmm, seems good to me. I don't deal too well with the aforementioned AGG kids, so the lack thereof is a plus, and the prices sound pretty reasonable. I guess I will have to try it out sometime when my arms heal up.

behemoth
08-13-2006, 10:28 PM

The safety? On an EMAG? THATS WHAT THE YELLOW PIN IS FOR!

Lenny
08-13-2006, 11:02 PM

It's pretty good. Definitely on the cheaper side, too. The reffing could be better though. The ref never called any of the agg's for wiping (which I saw deliberatly quite a few times). Actually, the ref never even chrono'd anyone. I chrono'd myself, and I know most of the others did, but either way... The owner is really cool. And if you're lucky, a girl named Maggie comes up. She doesn't play, or really work either... so I don't really know why she's there, but anyway, she is REALLY hot, and it's always a bonus to have hot girls at the field. :D

It's good enough for me to call my home field. :)

behemoth
08-13-2006, 11:24 PM
It's pretty good. Definitely on the cheaper side, too. The reffing could be better though. The ref never called any of the agg's for wiping (which I saw deliberatly quite a few times). Actually, the ref never even chrono'd anyone. I chrono'd myself, and I know most of the others did, but either way... The owner is really cool. And if you're lucky, a girl named Maggie comes up. She doesn't play, or really work either... so I don't really know why she's there, but anyway, she is REALLY hot, and it's always a bonus to have hot girls at the field. :D

It's good enough for me to call my home field. :)

Hot girls? Where?

I noticed the lack of chrono too... Especially because most every ball that hit me broke skin...

The ego kid was a bit of a CoUNT. .. Like, Dracula, or something... :rolleyes:

Lenny
08-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Hot girls? Where?

I noticed the lack of chrono too... Especially because most every ball that hit me broke skin...

The ego kid was a bit of a CoUNT. .. Like, Dracula, or something... :rolleyes:

Lol, yeah he was. Big time wiper too, but his gun was impressive. I hate to be "prejudice" (sp?) and all, but it seems all the agg kids shots hurt alot more than normal. Then again, I have no hard proof... I know I was shooting around 287, 292 being my highest.

Oh, and Maggie wasn't there. But she was 2 weeks ago. If she hadn't decided to watch most of the games, I probably would've stayed in longer. She's too much a distraction. :D

behemoth
08-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Lol, yeah he was. Big time wiper too, but his gun was impressive. I hate to be "prejudice" (sp?) and all, but it seems all the agg kids shots hurt alot more than normal. Then again, I have no hard proof... I know I was shooting around 287, 292 being my highest.

Oh, and Maggie wasn't there. But she was 2 weeks ago. If she hadn't decided to watch most of the games, I probably would've stayed in longer. She's too much a distraction. :D

Lenny, you should come this weekend to cleveland paintball.

Talk to me on aim, if you want: htomeheb ma i

theyetti
08-14-2006, 09:47 AM
ya those guys were douche bags...but the refs were decent and the owner was a good guy...the speedball field was a little small but it was flat and the grass was nice...overall i give it :clap:

behemoth
08-14-2006, 09:49 AM
ya those guys were douche bags...but the refs were decent and the owner was a good guy...the speedball field was a little small but it was flat and the grass was nice...overall i give it :clap:

What do you know, anyways...

Lenny
08-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Lenny, you should come this weekend to cleveland paintball.

Talk to me on aim, if you want: htomeheb ma i

Can't. I have a tourney this weekend (TPA, you can expect us to lose. 2/5 can't even make the tourney, so we have one definite back up, and are probably going to be playing man-down). I would love to some other time though.

Hey, is Paintball City still open? I heard they were kicked out by their landlord for launching fireworks in the basement or something. It was a crappy indoor place, but I always managed to have fun there.

P.S. - My AIM name is EatAtJoes102487, but I'm almost never on... :(

behemoth
08-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Can't. I have a tourney this weekend (TPA, you can expect us to lose. 2/5 can't even make the tourney, so we have one definite back up, and are probably going to be playing man-down). I would love to some other time though.

Hey, is Paintball City still open? I heard they were kicked out by their landlord for launching fireworks in the basement or something. It was a crappy indoor place, but I always managed to have fun there.

P.S. - My AIM name is EatAtJoes102487, but I'm almost never on... :(

Last i heard it was closed.

I also heard it sucked, and was way over priced.

:shrug:

duby
08-14-2006, 10:36 AM
damn i wish i didnt have so much to do this weekend or i would have went. i hope i can make it out to the next one. i saw we get a group for team day at paintball world sometime this winter.

behemoth
08-14-2006, 10:38 AM
damn i wish i didnt have so much to do this weekend or i would have went. i hope i can make it out to the next one. i saw we get a group for team day at paintball world sometime this winter.

This weekend we're going to Cleveland Paintball

(clevelandpaintball.com) (its free)

Then next weekend is Pump-only day at Pinnacle :)

duby
08-14-2006, 10:55 AM
i work almost all day sat and sunday this weekend. i will work on trying to get off for the pump game

ojhspyro89
08-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Mabye I should have showed up today... I play there all the time its like 20 minutes from my house.

Just dont EVER go into a tourney there, the refs SUCK.