PDA

View Full Version : New Halo Shells

StygShore
08-14-2006, 02:29 PM
Has anyone made new Halo shells that are not like glass?

I by no means play rough with my equipment. I bought a halo a few weeks ago, took it out for the monster game and 4 games of walk on rec ball this weekend.

there are already 3 very noticeable cracks in the halo shell!!!! One huge one night in the front, one to the left in front of the feed neck, and up on top near one of the mounting spots for the lid hinge.

I have only taken maybe 6 hopper hits on this thing, and the closest has been more than 30 feet away.

These shells are complete and udder crap for the amount of money players spend on these things!!!

What happened to the old style revvy shell material that was a softer plastic, those things never broke!!! I still have mine for 9 years ago, and it has taken a severe beating, but keeps on running!!!

Someone has to come up with some better shell material for all these :high end: hoppers. I know making them out of glass ( well... I think glass might be stronger ) like material keeps the consumers coming back to buy new shells, but jeez... use it 2 times and you have to replace the shells already at 30.00 bucks a pop!!!!

Styg

Lohman446
08-14-2006, 02:33 PM
How do you store it? Mine that used to rattle around in my bag broke all the time, once I put them in there boxes to carry around, no such problem

AlphaPaintballRef2
08-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Yes, they are trash, but a little duct tape and superglue can get you buy. My FrankenHalo has been going with a cracked shell, feedneck, and battery door for well over a year now. It doesn't look pretty but I can't bring myself to give them anymore money for another shell that will just break again a month or so down the road.
I believe that there are aftermarket shells made out of a stronger material, although I'm not sure what that material actually is. I thought I remembered reading about it somewhere. To Google!

StygShore
08-14-2006, 02:52 PM
I carry mine in my padded gear bag in a quilted bag for extra padding ( no I'm not kidding )

as far as transport, I took it out of th ebox at the Monster game, put it back in my gear bag, left it in the gearbag for 3 weeks, and took it out of the padded bag to play this weekend.

I noticed a smal hairline crack near the lid hinge, but that was it. I played 6 games or pretty casual woodsball, and it is cracked all over the place.

Anyone know anythign about these?

http://www.warriorpaintball.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HALO%2DSHELL%2DBLAC K

Styg

Lohman446
08-14-2006, 02:55 PM
My equipment gets abused and I don't notice this type of problem (Ok, I know theres a crack on the nose of one shell, but I really don't care).

StygShore
08-14-2006, 03:19 PM
hey if I abused my loader, and it cracked, I wouldn't be making this post....

I would expect a $80+ dollar loader to hold up to damn near anything short of colliding with a boulder. My revvy has been dropped, kicked, slid across pavement ( love partial parking lot speedball fields ) and all manor of abuse, and it still works, I think I had to pop it open about 3 years ago and re-glue the eye because it became misaligned after I bounded it down a hillside once.

Revvy only cost me about $40.00 8 or 9 years ago....and its still going. Empire Halo B - $125.00 and might make it through about 2 more weekends before its a pile of parts. Hate to see what happnes if this thing take a close hit in a game.

Styg

rkjunior303
08-14-2006, 03:20 PM
stop leaning with your hopper! ;) jk.

i've never had a problem with mine.

stop whining buy a mag
08-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Same problem with a newer one I got maybe 6 months ago. That was right around the time when I stopped playing as much so it really hasn't seen more than 10 days of play. I have large cracks all over the thing. I just put black electrical tape all over it to keep it together and to keep paint out of it. None of my old Halos were like this so it is rather confusing.

CKY_Alliance
08-14-2006, 05:22 PM
If you buy a halo or reloader just ecpect the shell to crack..they are not durable at all...i have noticed the hybrid shells seem a little more durable and that link posted is a hybrid shell..just different name and i believe about 20 dollars less.

OEM Petey
08-14-2006, 06:17 PM
If you buy a halo or reloader just ecpect the shell to crack..they are not durable at all...i have noticed the hybrid shells seem a little more durable and that link posted is a hybrid shell..just different name and i believe about 20 dollars less.

Hybrid shells are a lot more durable (in my opinion). They feel a lot more husky compared to regular shells. Although they are a little costly, they offer FREE replacement if you crack your shells.

CKY_Alliance
08-14-2006, 06:49 PM
ye they seem more duable to me as well..and the link above is the same design as the hybrid shell but 10-20 dollars cheaper...(well last time i saw the price on a hybrid) i think the way the shell screws together takes some stress off of the plastic and they seem to be made of better plastic all together.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-14-2006, 06:57 PM
I can not say I have ever experienced such a problem. Even though I play aggressively, I do my best to stay within the limitations of my equipment. I don't slam down on the Lid nor do I dive into hard packed dirt Halo first.

I did experience cracking on my old TSA though, some of which I attribute to over tightening of screws and some of which I attribute to a lower grade plastic.

BigEvil
08-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Anyone know anythign about these?

http://www.warriorpaintball.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HALO%2DSHELL%2DBLAC K

Styg

$30? WOW for the same amount as a Hybrid one, you can get two of those. Maybe I will call them tomorrow and check it out.

(Not holding my breathe)

Dark-Adrenaline
08-14-2006, 07:46 PM
I love my hybrid shells. Id be somwhat cautious with those $30 ones or w/e. However, if they are decent shells id say go for it.

StygShore
08-14-2006, 08:23 PM
I actually emailed Empire and NPS regarding the shells cracking after limited use and asked them if they would do anything about it for me, or is was I S.O.L. and got to spend more money on another of their bodies that would crack and break on me as well.

Bets on me even getting acknowledgment or a response back?

Styg

rkjunior303
08-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Empire/NPS has been great when my Reloader B was acting up.

StygShore
08-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Be cool if the same thing happened with my PT enforcer.

I bought one new from National and it had a bent bolt, so I called and they said they would send me a new one.

I got a new bolt about every week for 6 weeks :)

Now if I could only get 6 new halo shells :)

Styg

SR_matt
08-14-2006, 10:57 PM
suicide shells are good replacements (the same as the other 3 piece shells but the first one that hit the market with any force). they are made by hybrid and seem to have a littel mroe give
-matt

Lohman446
08-14-2006, 10:59 PM
It throws me how much problems people have. Do you take them apart all the time for cleaning or something? I abuse my equipment, there is no doubt on it. There are some very minor cracks (do not influence function) on the front but nothing major. And just the other week my gun "fell" out of my hand with noticeable trajectory - didnt really seem to hurt anything.

68magOwner
08-15-2006, 01:31 AM
just go buy hybrid shells, they have a lifetime warrenty on the feedneck and lid (where loaders break most often)

StygShore
08-15-2006, 08:11 AM
Nope, I have never disassembled the Halo, it was brna dnew in box, and having all these problems.

I migh try some hybrid shells, or if the Warrior shells have the same warratny I may go with those for the lower cost.

In the mean time, I guess I'll hit the current shells with a little Gorilla Glue and call it good.

Styg

SR_matt
08-15-2006, 08:16 AM
ill sell you un used reloader b shells ;)
-matt

FromTheBack
08-15-2006, 08:20 AM
The reason MOST halo shells break is because you are over-tightening the feedneck area and that makes the entire body weaker and more prone to cracking.

BLACK HYBRID shells are good, the colored hybrid shells are not. There has been a lot of cracking in colored hybrid shells so be sure to get black or you could be dissapointed. My black hybrid has lasted longer than any other shell I have had and I just don't over-tighten the feedneck and that's about it.

StygShore
08-15-2006, 08:29 AM
SR Matt - how many cracks are already in them :)

What about the Smoke Hybrid shells?

Styg

SR_matt
08-15-2006, 08:35 AM
o no the smoke stock shells are literaly new, i got the reloader and the first thing i did was move it over to my hybrids, and naw sooOOOooo not getting rid of the hybrids :p
-matt

StygShore
08-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Shoot me a PM wiht price for your stock shells.

Anyone know much abotu the Smoke Hybrid Shells?

I was reading up and it said th ebottom was black, and top section was smoke on the ones I found. I didnt know if this was standard or if they are normally solid black.

Styg

rkjunior303
11-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Sorry to bump an old thread but did anyone ever order shells from Warrior?

don miguel
11-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Funny, I witnessed a kid with a halo backman hopper on a 98 w/egrip trip over a log and drop hig gun. When he picked the gun up the hopper remained on the ground and the feedneck had been broken clean off, and no paint was spilled, the hopper was sitting upsidown on the ground with paint in it. It was funny, the kid was on the verge of crying because he looked 10-11 and had obviously just bought it. I have dropped my revy plenty of times and not even a scratch. Why cant they make halo shells out of the same material as revvy's. Or just buy a velocity. They are strong.

SR_matt
11-06-2006, 05:00 PM
the new revys are crapy as well. the most comon reason that halo shells (or most shells in general snap) in becasue people over tighten the feednecks

-matt

pump
11-06-2006, 05:07 PM
they need to make a shell out of the same stuff as old Revys and with the same shape as a revy.....loved those things

Dark Frost17
11-06-2006, 05:16 PM
i know the smoke colored 1s have issues but never had a problem with mine......