PDA

View Full Version : Another sad day for the Automag

Dewok82
08-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Well, not so much a sad day...more like a sign of the times.

Ebay no longer has an Automags category....

It used to be: Sporting Goods > Paintball > Markers > Automags

Now there is only: Sporting Goods > Paintball > Markers > Other

Kinda sad AND kinda stupid considering there are still specific marker categories for Diablo (0 items), BT (0 items), 32 Degrees (1 item), and several others that have far fewer items than the Automags category used to have. I hate to see one of the most prolific and revolutionary marker platforms in the history of paintball be lumped in with "other".

Maybe I'm making too much out of this, but I used to love finding great deals in that category from people who would use "Auto Mag", "68Automag", "Mag", etc.. in their listing titles instead of "Automag".

At least there is still a specific category for Automag barrels...

WingMan13
08-16-2006, 03:54 PM
Maybe I'm making too much out of this,

nah, I agree with you...

BigEvil
08-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Its easier to sell a mag on AO or another PB forum and not have to pay the Ebay fees. Mag owners are smart. :D

MarkM
08-16-2006, 04:10 PM
At least you have the sections we don't have any as the sale of markers is banned on my ebay, though parts and equipment are allowed.

Cow hunter
08-16-2006, 04:29 PM
ahh well, you can still search for automag cant you?

MarkM
08-16-2006, 06:13 PM
ahh well, you can still search for automag cant you?

*Assuming this was directed at my reply*. Don't take this the wrong way but I wouldn't. I don't need another one nor do I need any parts. www.ebay.co.uk has banned all replica weapons, which they have decided paintball markers falls under. So anyone who lists a marker (of any make) soon gets the auction pulled. I have yet to see a barrel listed with a free what it screws into though I am sure it has been tried.

*If the quote was directed at the thread starter* Yes, I agree search would work well enough.

MoeMag
08-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Its easier to sell a mag on AO or another PB forum and not have to pay the Ebay fees. Mag owners are smart. :D

Thats what I thought...
I havent even had one offer for my e-mag. not even a lowball :tard:

Oh well. I dont suppose its for sale anymore anyways.

Cow hunter
08-16-2006, 06:24 PM
*Assuming this was directed at my reply*. Don't take this the wrong way but I wouldn't. I don't need another one nor do I need any parts. www.ebay.co.uk has banned all replica weapons, which they have decided paintball markers falls under. So anyone who lists a marker (of any make) soon gets the auction pulled. I have yet to see a barrel listed with a free what it screws into though I am sure it has been tried.

*If the quote was directed at the thread starter* Yes, I agree search would work well enough.
it was meant to be for the thread starter, i read your post and understand that you cant use ebay to buy or sell paintball markers, and is it like that throughout europe or just in the UK?

phizz
08-16-2006, 07:46 PM
GOOD GOD NO!!!! Indian Creek makes it on but automags go off!!! whats this world coming to!

Lohman446
08-16-2006, 07:48 PM
GOOD GOD NO!!!! Indian Creek makes it on but automags go off!!! whats this world coming to!

FS
FS6
FS7
FS8
Promaster

Not an ICD fan but umm... I kinda think there might be a reason

nate2k191
08-16-2006, 09:27 PM
noooooooo, this is an outrage! an insult! (relatively)

how does it hurt them to keep the mag category? especially when there are 0 in other categories like you said... blasphemy. :mad:

blamtro
08-16-2006, 09:32 PM
Why doesn't someone email eBay and explain this to them in a professional mannor and maybe we will have an explanation from them...

ahellers
08-16-2006, 11:25 PM
professional mannor is by no means our style ;)
and besides i think that in the back of all mag owners minds they enjoy being the odd man out that people think is shooting some kind of old shocker. :dance:
t

warpfeedmod
08-17-2006, 12:46 PM
I would rather purchase from pbnation or here.

I honestly never used the differnet sections, I'd just search for "Automag" or something like that, but it would always come back with the crappy spoof auctions of

Ipulse NOT ANGEL AUTOMAG SPYDER

and the like.

I hate ebay for that reason, however selling I always liked to use the correct category.

MarkM
08-17-2006, 01:01 PM
I would rather purchase from pbnation or here.
I honestly never used the differnet sections, I'd just search for "Automag" or something like that, but it would always come back with the crappy spoof auctions of
Ipulse NOT ANGEL AUTOMAG SPYDER
and the like.
I hate ebay for that reason, however selling I always liked to use the correct category.

So report them for improper use of keywords, it is grounds for the ad being removed at the very least and the user getting kicked from ebay if they keep doing it.

it was meant to be for the thread starter, i read your post and understand that you cant use ebay to buy or sell paintball markers, and is it like that throughout europe or just in the UK?

Just the UK, you have to remember that the Gun Laws for real weapons in the UK are rather restrictive where as in Europe it isn't so much of an issue.

Phillips
08-17-2006, 01:26 PM
I have no idea why either since you can buy shot gun ammo ect from Ebay and acessorys for the weapons, such as scopes ect
It is a sign of the times though, take a look at the British market for automags, it is nearly non existant :eek: :cry: If I put an add on my local paintball forum ( say U.K. pnly for the sake of this ) for an automag breech section, it is like asking the Pope for a joint and a pack of 5 condoms whilst he is praying. It's just totally dissapeared :(
p.s. U.K. gun law is outdated and unclear technically every marker that has ramping is illigal, but noone chases it up because the law is currently out of date.( 12 gauges ect are perfectly legal though :confused: there isn't any consistency). I really feel for the Australian's you now need a license that takes 28 days to arrive( they had the biggest paintball gathering to date called off because of it) for you to bring a marker in to state , yet someone with a firearm can wander in and out as they please. :confused:

3pac
08-17-2006, 01:38 PM

ICD Makes some quality markers contrary to belief. I've owned both the 04 Gen 2 and the Fs8 while owning my mech and emag. Most of the problems that arise are user error, but I'm still rocking the Emag because of other reasons, but don't put down ICD before you try the new line of stuff. If that was a sarcastic remark :rofl: I can see where you're coming from on that due to their past history. Sadly in the paintball community these days, there isn't a space for the "older" companies so to speak because they just dont put out the flavor markers that are bought in high volume.

paint magnet
08-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Don't take it so much as an insult. It could also mean that AutoMag owners are simply holding on to the guns they love instead of selling them.

REDRT
08-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Thats what I thought...
I havent even had one offer for my e-mag. not even a lowball :tard:

Oh well. I dont suppose its for sale anymore anyways.

Well your price doesn't seem out of line, but it is a non ule frame/rail, a scuffed battery pack and it is a Henery Ford special; "Any color you want as long as it is black". Besides the economy sucking right now. That would be my reason for not offering on an Emag such as yours.

Skate And Paint
08-17-2006, 09:45 PM
hmm, i didnt realize they took it off...weird