PDA

View Full Version : I Finally Did It...

hgp3fat
08-16-2006, 06:29 PM
After months of debating, I ordered my first AGD marker today... a Tac-One Warp Left. I didn't get the ULT or the hose/air package. I ordered it through AGD's online store, to help support the company I've grown to respect.

Very soon I'll help support some AO members like Tuna, Luke, Rogue, and the MagSmith, in search of my "perfect marker" setup. I want a completely modular, adaptable setup; suited for all forms of paintball play. From speedball to woodsball to scenarios and anywhere in between, I want to have it all.

I 'd love any suggestions from this esteemed congregation of Automag enthusiasts, known as AO. But please, keep the congratulatory comments to a minimum and the agg level to zero.

I plan on running different air setups (i.e. remote, air on gun, co2 cartridge) and already have lots of fittings and such.

My shopping and wish list:
Vert feed ULE body
ULT kit
Q-Loader w/ CMS upgrade
2 hpa tanks (undecided on brands)
Classic AIR valve (for the co2 option and the only used part I'll buy)
Y-Grip
Rails (Recon or Shadow or ...)
Barrel kit ( Kaner or J&J or...)
Foregrips (tons of options)
Loader (Halo?)
Rear air adapter for co2 cartridge, stock class feed tube (will that work on the warp left?), red dot scope, stock (SpecOps T2W or ?), a wrecking ball and some nachos. huh...huh...

The floor is open for input and I appreciate all of you guys for helping me with my decision so far. Airgun Designs and Automags.org... you f'n rock!

Lenny
08-16-2006, 08:57 PM
It's people like YOU that make people like ME so outrageously frickin' jealous! :mad:

Just kidding. Sweet setup. Does it work well?

I think you might have some feeding issues with a stock class tube on a warp, but then again, you could always play "gangsta" style.

http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autowb504.gif

:rofl:

hgp3fat
08-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Just ordered the Tac today, the other stuff is all up for debate I guess. Not really sure which way to go, so I figure I'll just get every option available, within the mechanical scope of mags.

Don't be jealous, I'm going to be really poor...

I'm really having a hard time on tanks, I've only used co2 up till now. I know the Pure Energy tanks are crap, so I'm leaning towards Crossfire, Nitro Duck, maybe Dye or Empire...

Also I will not buy anything made by SmartParts. I believe they make good products cheap, but also think good products shouldn't be made cheaply. Quality ranks higher than price for me in buying considerations. Plus I think SP's business practices are questionable, just like the evil Wal-Mart.

Cow hunter
08-16-2006, 09:17 PM
nice sounding setup, welcome to the AO community!

ahellers
08-16-2006, 09:25 PM
id say skip the air valve and co2, you really wont be missing out on anything... exept headacks. also might want to look into some kind of etrigger (if thats your thing), hyper frames are alright but imo uncumfy, spyder mags are nice and maybe d mag.
have fun
t

bentothejam1n
08-16-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm really having a hard time on tanks, I've only used co2 up till now. I know the Pure Energy tanks are crap, so I'm leaning towards Crossfire, Nitro Duck, maybe Dye or Empire...

I've heard dye tanks dont like mags very much and im not sure about empires. I have a nitroduck adjustable and I wouldnt recomend it if you want rapid fire. With my ult in it shot a couple 2 round bursts but that was it. So if you go the adjustable route, then go with crossfire

Plus I think SP's business practices are questionable, just like the evil Wal-Mart.
Hah just be glad David Glass (CEO of walmart) isnt your GM for your baseball team :cuss:

Lenny
08-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Just ordered the Tac today, the other stuff is all up for debate I guess. Not really sure which way to go, so I figure I'll just get every option available, within the mechanical scope of mags.

Don't be jealous, I'm going to be really poor...

Also I will not buy anything made by SmartParts. I believe they make good products cheap, but also think good products shouldn't be made cheaply. Quality ranks higher than price for me in buying considerations. Plus I think SP's business practices are questionable, just like the evil Wal-Mart.

I meant the jealousy thing as a joke...

I don't know a whole lot about tanks, but I have a Nitro Duck 68/45 and I must say it is RUGGED. Mine is steel wrapped, so a five year hydro life is good. It also doesn't feel like it'll explode when gased (which is ALWAYS a good thing).

My buddy has a Dye Throttle. It's really light, but going back to that exploding thing... maybe it's just because it feels light.

I've also heard numerous good about Crossfire, but I've never used one.

Any route you go, just stick with a high pressur tank or an adjustable. STAY AWAY FROM LP TANKS! (When HP, you can always adjust down. With LP, you can't really adjust up.)

robnix
08-16-2006, 11:22 PM
I've also heard numerous good about Crossfire, but I've never used one.

I use a Crossfire 92/45 on my mags. It's an excellent tank. I prefer it over the AA Apocalypse I have as a backup.

Chronobreak
08-17-2006, 10:06 AM
il say crossfire, or any decent adj tank

if you want to repid fire or fine tuen your ult your gonna want an adj tank, but it will add a bit more weight, and likely cost more as well

youl be fien with co2 for the most part, but you will get higher velicity spikes from time to time

also ULt + classic valve + co2= not good

the ult isnt reccomended for classic valves, but some people get it to work fine

craltal
08-17-2006, 11:04 AM
where in florida are you?

back on topic,
adjustable tanks will give you more of the response trigger feel with your x-valve, but as stated above, will cost you more.

If you are serious about getting a classic valve, look into an RT on/off for it, as that will drop your trigger pull by about 50%

Why a new rail?

As Lenny said, you'll have issues feeding a stock class feed tube through a warp body unless you go gangster style as the balls won't want to roll into the breech as there may not be enough pressure to move them without turning the gun sideways (stockclass feeds don't use springs)

any descent barrel should be fine, most work just fine.

hgp3fat
08-17-2006, 05:13 PM
I'll take ahellers and Lenny's advice and skip the co2... I'll just get a Phantom instead (eventually). From what I've read, it should make a decent backup, plus the ability to play stock class.

Going to get 1 Crossfire tank(92/4500), I think it's at 800psi preset, which from what I've read should give me the reactivity in the trigger most suited to my primary play style. For the second, I'd love an adjustable one, but most are priced out of my budget.

craltal is right, I don't need a new rail. I assume the Tac Warp Left comes with the same 2.9 oz Tac rail that you can get with just the mainbody. And that rail should be just fine... Oh, I'm in DeLand, play mostly woodsball in Lake County.

I would love a raw ULE body, or a slug. I've got some connections with a machinist and ano guy. I might have a line on a slug (or 2), but the price is steep.

...and staying all mech mag...

hgp3fat
08-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Just ordered the ULT kit and RPG Viper trigger from Tunaman... I picked up an o-ring kit as well. My Tac is enroute, sans ULT, so I'm anxious to try it out both ways and with the Viper both ways too. I've read tons on the trigger pull issue, so it will be great to finally see for myself.

Man... I'm like a crackhead. I also just ordered my qloader... with every possible mounting option... the cms upgrade, 90 hose adapter, plus the direct feed. Did I mention, I also have a 92/4500 red(800psi) Crossfire tank coming.

Side note: I took advantage of SpecOps "Deal of the Day" on wednesday night (the dagger vest, pods, and the lame headwrap). Not only was it dirt cheap (about $70 off), but I got it today! That's almost overnight shipping when you factor in I called well after 7pm... I'm in FL, and they are out of UT... DHL is amazingly fast.

~W.!.C.K.E.D~
08-18-2006, 08:12 PM
whats wrong with PE tanks? i have 3 45/4500 (well me and my bro and dad) and have had no problems...whats the differences in tanks? weight, and reccharge rate?

hgp3fat
08-22-2006, 05:15 PM
It's here! Hot off the UPS truck, my first mag. My first impression... Holy crap! It's so small and light!

I can't shoot it until my other tank arrives, a Nitro Duck adjustable, so I must wait some more. Tunaman has my Viper Blade on the way... thanks Tuna you rock!

I'm not trying to rub my purchases into anyone's face, just want to share my experiences with the group, without whom I wouldn't have gotten an automag.

It truly feels like the perfect marker for me. I wanted a qloader so I wouldn't have a blimp on top of my marker when I play woodsball, I didn't want a bunch of crap underneath my gun when I go remote, and I wanted a place to put a red dot scope. All this without losing the ability to play speedball if I chose. As soon as I get a ULE vert body, I will have it all.

Marroonblooded
09-27-2006, 01:59 AM
agreed... got a used classic, was all the way for a cocker till I found this forum, love it... customers who sale the image for free... what a ploy... and I feel in (gets here in 3 days and I am freakin pumped)

hgp3fat
09-27-2006, 05:55 PM
agreed... got a used classic, was all the way for a cocker till I found this forum, love it... customers who sale the image for free... what a ploy... and I feel in (gets here in 3 days and I am freakin pumped)

It's easy to fall in...

An update...

I'm still looking for a Kaner Kit. Ordered one from e-paintball.com. A week later they tell me all they have is chrome instead of black, and then try to sell me on the Redz kit. I'm still waiting for my credit, and I would not recommend them to anyone... horrible customer service.