PDA

View Full Version : So i just found a Jan '03 APG...

Cow hunter
08-16-2006, 09:38 PM
while flipping through my stacks of magazines i came across a beat up january 03 issue of APG, i never bought a single paintball magazine until at least 04 so i have no idea how it got there... anyway while looking through it i am SHOCKED at how different everything is. Everyone has a revvy, theres a mag in every other picture and the price on the halo is marked as "call for details." apparently everything has changed drastically in the past 4 years and if i were to guess speedball was almost to the point of controversial back then judging by the articles titled "i hate speedball" and "the worst i have seen" is this really how quickly things have evolved? to me it seems like that in the past couple of years paintball has almost become a totally different sport, or rather became a sport from just a game or hobby... does anyone have any older APG's they would be interested in parting with?

some highlights i found to be quite interresting;
-they have a whole list of mags for sale, the micromag for $699.99 and the emag marked $LOW!
-they still sold the rainmaker new
-smart parts isnt everywhere
-80% of the markers for sale were mech.
-it looks like the epic ice is on the front cover
-there were lots more fields and stores around

edit; digging deeper in my huge magazine collection i have unearthed an october 2001 and a march 02 issue of paintball sports, and now i can safely say that things have changed big time...

neppo1345
08-16-2006, 10:12 PM
April 2000

-Troubleshooting your 68 AUTOMAG
-Inside Air Concepts Industries
-Room for Rookies - Pan Am Hopperball

The back inside cover...a full page spread take out by AGD congratulating the warriors on winning skyball II with their Automag RT's

June 200 APG

wow...thers a nova on the cover...

Pneumagger
08-16-2006, 10:44 PM
I had like a late 90's (98 maybe)issue I can't find... you're all lucky. I remember it had a custom anno Bob Long autococker from 888 paintball for $888.88. I wanted it sooo bad.

Also, I have the first issue of the RT Automag on the cover somewhere.

Lenny
08-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Yeah, I love looking through those old issues. Sometimes, online, you can find scans of the REALLY old issues. I love it. The more I read them, the more I want to live them. I would love to play stock when CCM and CCI weren't the only stock manufacturers. I would love to "fear" Automags, 'Cockers, and early Angels. I want to play games where 9bps was blazing, and 13bps was unheardof. I want to play teams with camoflauge jerseys. I came in late on the whole 'Cocker vs. 'Mags thing, but I would've loved it (it was more WDP vs. PVI when I was around, or maybe WDP vs. SP, I can't remember when they took over the Shocker).

I would love to play old school with old school tech and all the above.

ahellers
08-16-2006, 11:20 PM
man i remember when i played my first game. i was using a pro carbine. and every one either had a spyder or a tippmann. and thay all shat them selves when they heard some one was on the field with an automag, autococker (probably because it had the word auto in it and that scaired people) or an angle. but yeah when i started that was about all the brands i remember being big, oh and bushmaster.
good times
t

MoeMag
08-16-2006, 11:50 PM
http://www.zakvetter.com/images/paintballs/marker_gallery/monster_mags/agd_dualmag_apg.jpg

psychowarden
08-17-2006, 12:12 AM
I still love watching the older games. They are so much more entertaining than the games today.

ahellers
08-17-2006, 01:25 AM
its sooo awsome to see an old school minimag on the cover
t

BigEvil
08-17-2006, 04:38 AM
Well if it makes you feel any better, just think how much things will change again in another 4 years......

Pneumagger
08-17-2006, 05:24 AM
While looking for the magazize, I found a "science program" from the "science service" called Man in Space

The first chapter describes how man may visit the moon in the next decade or so This book is hilarious! :rofl: One of those space race propaganda books published by the gov.

peewee
08-17-2006, 07:01 AM
I still have my VL90 like whats on the minimag. :D

Pneumagger
08-17-2006, 07:23 AM
Last week, I got gogged a lot and by the end of the day I couldn't clean my lens well enough to see. So I pulled an old mask frm the 90's that I still had and played the last game with it. I'm pretty sure it was JT's first mask. Basically some goggles with a plastic nose/mouth gaurd and light foam ear covers.

So little protection (plus that single layer lexan was like 10 years old :tard: )

buzzboy
08-17-2006, 07:28 AM
I watched a paintball vid the other day with some friends that was filmed in early 03. I almost crapped myself seeing someone shooting a warpfeed RT mag. Everybody that was cool had a DM3 or Angel LCD. I wish I could play with those guys. And it was mostly on hyperball.

evildead420
08-17-2006, 04:25 PM
yea, i have an issue of APG when the emag was introduced, and when the warp was too. nice AGD profile collection. :cheers:

nastymag
08-19-2006, 03:12 PM
jesus....you guys are making me feel old, and ive only played since 98.

nevtangle
08-19-2006, 07:15 PM
http://www.zakvetter.com/images/paintballs/marker_gallery/monster_mags/agd_dualmag_apg.jpg

Hey MoeMag, is there by chance an article in that APG about a 5 man high school tournament by a reporter named Hollywood?

JaKaL
08-20-2006, 12:24 AM
check this out:

http://invisionfree.com/forums/StockClassPaintball/index.php?showtopic=13058

LinearGoose
08-20-2006, 02:06 AM
I know theres one on YouTube when there interviewing TK when they where coming out with the Xmags. Not that super old but still its history.

Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EMlIT-AMvk&mode=related&search=)

slade
08-20-2006, 08:52 AM
Hey MoeMag, is there by chance an article in that APG about a 5 man high school tournament by a reporter named Hollywood?
i doubt he has that magazine, that cover scan has been floating around AO for quite a while.

*edit* especially considering the picture is hosted by zak vetter... try to contact Z-man.