PDA

View Full Version : Close to final questions

AZ_09
08-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Im pretty close to trading my imp for a mag(just trying to figure out how much to add, and how to ask my parents). Now, hes asking for like possibly a used proflex mask instead of me adding. But, i dont have one.

Anyway, do you use shocker lube for anything on the mag? I have a $13 tube of it, and i figured id add that and just add less. And i have quite a bit of that Tippmann oil that comes with the gun when you buy it. Would i be able to use that to oil it? Then id just use Hoppes 9 when the tippmann oil is gone. And the last question is, do you just put a couple of drops of oil in the ASA? No taking it apart?

and yes i have searched, but nothing talked about the oil tippmann sends out.

Thanks

craltal
08-17-2006, 10:48 AM
you will not need the shocker lube for a mag.

Instead of the Hoppes 9, I'd recommend using synthetic air tool oil. You can get it at any home improvement store, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. and it's much cheaper than most anything else, just make sure you get the pure synthetic stuff.

When you remove the valve assembly, you should notice a hole on the underside. A couple of drops in there and then shoot it out. I usually apply some directly to the o-rings in addition to that, but most will say that's overkill.

Chronobreak
08-17-2006, 11:05 AM
tippmann oil is fine, i reccomend Gold Cup thereafter that oil is gone

yes 2-3 drops as close to the valve as possible, remove barrel give it a few shots then put the barrel back on