PDA

View Full Version : new trigger system?

rabidchihauhau
08-17-2006, 02:11 PM
anyone over here seen this one yet?

http://livedigital.com/content/744729/

psychowarden
08-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Interesting, but whats the advantage of it?

paint magnet
08-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Different feel maybe? It might be a little faster, depending on how you shoot.

Skoad
08-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Actually might be nice since my top finger doesn't move as much as my bottom.

shartley
08-17-2006, 03:19 PM
I don’t see the advantages of it. In fact, I think it would involve more “plumbing” if you will. Sometimes novel ideas are not done for a reason.

geekwarrior
08-17-2006, 03:24 PM
I don’t see the advantages of it. In fact, I think it would involve more “plumbing” if you will. Sometimes novel ideas are not done for a reason.

how so? if it's electro, just but the switch/break beam lower...easy enough, and doesnt require anything extra

shartley
08-17-2006, 03:25 PM
how so? if it's electro, just but the switch/break beam lower...easy enough, and doesnt require anything extra
True..... good point. I guess my machanical "roots" are showing. ;)

Toll
08-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Personally I'd like to try it, since my right middle finger is much slower than my index, I think it would allow more consistant fire.

rabidchihauhau
08-17-2006, 04:06 PM
the idea - and the IP on it - is an ergonomic approach to the trigger. Doing a mechanical version would probably be pointless as was pointed out, but fortunately, we don't have to worry about that.

There are a couple of points not immediately obvious; the closer a point on the trigger is to the pivot, the more force required to move it; the further a point on the trigger to the pivot, the less force, but the greater the travel.

Go stare at your pointer and index fingers for a second: which one is the stronger finger? which one is the more flexible/faster?

Right - completely opposite from standard pivoting triggers.

The other benefit is that when the trigger is mounted with a bottom pivot in the proper location, you will not have to shift your hold on the grip to walk it, and single-finger actuation is much more natural.

This is basically the "you'll never have to learn how to walk a trigger, trigger"

One of your own is responsible for it - I'll let him take the glory in future posts.

We're marketing this right now and not sure which opportunity we're going to go with; we might be offering aftermarkets, we might be licensing (for a fair, non-exclusive fee) and we might be offering custom mods to some existing frames.

We might also be calling it 'The Finger'

but all of that's up in the air right now.

Chronobreak
08-17-2006, 04:17 PM
so who did it?

:D , i dont think they want credit.. :ninja:

--why cant people just buy or "borrow" converting software
lack of sound/vid quality/and the writing acros the screen are meh

NewbieMagMan10988
08-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Sure.... can you make one for my pump?

:D

Neat idea. i like it/would try it.

Mike

st6212
08-17-2006, 09:24 PM
lol...that's what I had come up with. Bugger.....thought I'd have something original.

Difference with what I came up is the pivot point would sit in the trigger guard so that the trigger would be angle more slightly, because of the way we generally hold our markers.

How I started my idea was at work in the office holding a pen at one end and walking it, then turn the pen upside down and do it again, and holding it at different angles.

Should have my custom frame in a few weeks, just waiting for my guy to get back from holidays to start machining my design.

onedude36
08-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Crap. I knew i should have patented the idea. :(

Sam5992
08-17-2006, 10:15 PM
that looks pretty cool. im not sure if it would help much, but the idea seems good.

rabidchihauhau
08-18-2006, 06:58 AM
it does help; I can't walk a trigger to save my life with the weak hand; no probs with this thing.

the mag guy
08-18-2006, 10:52 AM
looks pretty interesting

thejayare
09-24-2006, 11:37 PM
Super!! Make one for a mag, and I'll take it. I was noticing how bad I was at walking the trigger on the Ion I just picked up. I turned it upside down, and I could RIP on it. Glad to see someone has put this into commission.

RRfireblade
09-24-2006, 11:57 PM
Super!! Make one for a mag, and I'll take it. I was noticing how bad I was at walking the trigger on the Ion I just picked up. I turned it upside down, and I could RIP on it. Glad to see someone has put this into commission.

Pretty cool huh? :ninja:

pennywise
09-25-2006, 12:17 AM
Pretty cool huh? :ninja:
Hmmm...a clue to the culprit, maybe...? ;)