PDA

View Full Version : MQ valve problem

punkncat
08-17-2006, 03:59 PM
I aquired a halfblock racegun with an MQ valve for a friend from a fellow here on the forums. It has been a month or so since the purchase, but its just now getting use. The problem is that the marker will not make velocity at all. In addition it needs the special spacer that raceguns need to allow the AVG to screw in flush with the body.

Reading around I have seen this is a common problem with the MQ valve in that many of them will not make velocity. I heard that the manufacturer is working on a fix for this and was curious to know if it has happened. I am not even sure exactly who made the MQ valve and where to find the spacer so a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

I cannot remember who I purchased this thing through. It is a digital camo mini halfblock race. If any of you recognize this I would love to get in touch with the original owner to see if he still has the original race solenoid, hammer, valve, etc. to get rid of this POS MQ valve. This has been a rather expensive paperweight and I would love to see the new owner get some use from it.

CKY_Alliance
08-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Didnt Pro team products make the mq valve..i remeber they had a prototype mq valve on a mag with a e-blade....when i look at there site i dont see anything about it on there..but i do believe thats who made it...who disptributed it and did the production ...idk.But maybe that will give you a start.

BigEvil
08-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Talk to Diveanx... hes a racegun sales rep and all around good guy. I wouldnt be surprised if you picked that up from him either, I know he had a MQ Race halfblock laying around.... :D

You can also check the Racegun forums...

http://www.racegunsforum.dk/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=1

SummaryJudgement
08-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Check out www.halfcocker.com for all your halfblock/autococker/MQ valve needs :cheers:

OEM Petey
08-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Its been a while since i've had my mQ cocker.. your best bet is to go on pbnation, under the electronic cocker forum.. Theres a mQ valve thread there and many people are willing to help you with your problems there. The handle of the owner of pbx (maker/distributor of the mQ) is Ronin23. Good luck to you

Heres a start from what i remember getting my mQ up to velocity:

-Did you turn up your input pressure all the way up til the valve started venting?
-is the solenoid almost flush with the valve?
-is the poppet nice and lubed?
-Are you running custom settings or default? (I'm not too familiar with race guns)
-Do you have the spacer? or is the ivg not flush? Don't over tighten the ivg, you'll crush the solenoid rendering it useless

OEM Petey
08-18-2006, 12:58 PM
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=196428&highlight=digital+camo

im guessing its this one

punkncat
08-18-2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks OEM. I will have to look into that.