PDA

View Full Version : This gave me a good laugh over on the Nation

Pneumagger
08-18-2006, 02:37 PM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1698526
:spit_take

This is some funny stuff. A TOTM contest...like there's actually cosmetic or a wide range of customablility on a Tippmann. Although there is one or two paintrifles.

The best part is that in addition to the best woosball TOTM, get this... there's a best speedball TOTM too. :rofl: Wow, a competition to make the best tippmann speedball gun - that really would be something to do huh. :D

I Loled so hard I cried :cry:

...aestetically pleasing tippmann's :spit_take :rofl:

Dryden
08-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Why did anyone bother posting after this one?

http://img426.imageshack.us/img426/5110/aaa6sh.jpg

geekwarrior
08-18-2006, 03:05 PM
^^ wow, im not a tippy fan, but thats nice :eek:

and pnuemagger, I saw a team at the SoCAL open playng with tippy's. They must have been sponsored by them.....I never liked the forgrips on them, must be horrible for speedball

Piranti
08-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Yea saw that Tippman team as well, not sure they did all that well.

master_alexander
08-18-2006, 03:18 PM
had some tippys, i liked them, reliable. dont take it apart.

but i dont think that they are diverse enough to have a totm.

geekwarrior
08-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Yea saw that Tippman team as well, not sure they did all that well.

no, don't think they did. It was in a lower division anyways.

you probably saw me there, sounds like we were there at the same time. I was the tall dude with the spiked hair, black adidas pants. I was by myself most of the day, my freidns couldnt come till later.

personman
08-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Meh, I dont see what's so funny about it. Tippmanns are great guns, and they arent ugly either. You can actually do some pretty cool stuff to a tippmann.

Pneumagger
08-18-2006, 04:28 PM
but i dont think that they are diverse enough to have a totm.

That's kinda my point. But what really got me lauging was the speedball TOTM. I mean they make GREAT Milsim and custom Woodsball guns if your a skilled tinkerer- so I enjoy those markers, but speedball??? :confused:

shartley
08-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Tippmanss are VERY customizable. There are companies which do virtually nothing more than make cosmetic and mechanical upgrades for them. And why not for speedball? What makes a good speedball marker? Size? BPS? Both of these can be had with a Tippmann. Looks? What in the world does that have to do with speedball and capabilities?

Heck, plenty of folks use PUMPS for speedball now days to shake it up a bit.

Diversity is great. And simply put Tippmanns are capable of diversity. I even have one being built for myself at this very moment. ;)

master_alexander
08-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Tippmanss are VERY customizable. There are companies which do virtually nothing more than make cosmetic and mechanical upgrades for them. And why not for speedball? What makes a good speedball marker? Size? BPS? Both of these can be had with a Tippmann. Looks? What in the world does that have to do with speedball and capabilities?

Diversity is great. And simply put Tippmanns are capable of diversity. I even have one being built for myself at this very moment. ;)

i didnt even think of that... i should have re-worded my statement:

i did mean that they are only customizable to a certain point-- you can have about a bvizillion different Mislim guns, but its hard to go and make it a true speedball gun. it was made for scenario, more or less. (geez, this seems hard to explain, does that make sence?)

shartley
08-18-2006, 06:04 PM
i didnt even think of that... i should have re-worded my statement:

i did mean that they are only customizable to a certain point-- you can have about a bvizillion different Mislim guns, but its hard to go and make it a true speedball gun. it was made for scenario, more or less. (geez, this seems hard to explain, does that make sence?)
I think many people just don’t know what is available for Tippmanns. If anyone thinks they can’t be completely upgraded inside, they are wrong. If anyone thinks they can’t operate at “tournament” or “speedball” speeds they are wrong. You can get E-Grips for Tippmanns that can operate at the same speeds which are legal in any of the tournament series out there. And you can operate them on both CO2 as well as HPA and at speeds which surpass 15 BPS and 20 is not out of the question either.

I have to ask you then, what makes a true speedball gun? Size? Speed? What?

It is clear that according to your statements that it would be looks alone that would set Tippmanns out of the realm of speedball markers. Do not confuse what most people use them for with what type of game they can be used for. To fall into that trap would be just as bad as people forming opinions about Mags based off of old perceptions and down right false beliefs. ;)

geekwarrior
08-18-2006, 06:10 PM

the biggest reason I couldnt use it in speedball is the way the grips are, both the foregrip and the triggerframe, and the way the gun is balanced to. And it seems that all the upgrades for them are geared towards the scenario baller.

Did you look at the pics? The ak47 is cool, but other wise its pretty much changing the color, the barrel, or slap a stock on it. Not much done to the body or trigger frame.

And nobody is saying there bad guns. :cheers:

master_alexander
08-18-2006, 06:10 PM
they can be used in speedball, i know, i have used mine in speedball. same story with mags.

but the majority that ive seen are scenario. im not syaing that they ar only that, but most are.

shartley
08-18-2006, 06:13 PM
they can be used in speedball, i know, i have used mine in speedball. same story with mags.

but the majority that ive seen are scenario. im not syaing that they ar only that, but most are.
Very true statements. :)

:cheers:

mag_lover05
08-18-2006, 10:03 PM
you are all so wrong. i currently own a super RT'd 98c and have owned a dm4'd 98c, and it shot just as fast as anything. now with the ACT and WAS i like them better than ions. im a huge tippy fan, and my super RT'd 98c can outshot my halo.... my mag cant(well technically the valve can, but the gun is not able to atm)

geekwarrior
08-18-2006, 10:07 PM
you are all so wrong. i currently own a super RT'd 98c and have owned a dm4'd 98c, and it shot just as fast as anything. now with the ACT and WAS i like them better than ions. im a huge tippy fan, and my super RT'd 98c can outshot my halo.... my mag cant(well technically the valve can, but the gun is not able to atm)

who said they weren't fast?

dahoeb
08-18-2006, 11:20 PM

if you can shoot an rt'd tippy that fast, i'm willing to bet the thing bounces like nuts or just runs away all together. if its not field legal then whats the point.

and if your tippy IS field legal, then i think your one of a very small handful that can legally outshoot a halo with a tippy. i've seen plenty of people with rt'd tippmanns, and they were definately pretty fast, but weren't LEGALLY 18+bps fast, thats for sure.

ANYWAYS, i love tippmanns and am thinking of buying one just to haul to scenarios n stuff. i don't see why the TOTM thread is so funny. i've seen some pretty unique and cool tippy setups before. oh well.

mag_lover05
08-18-2006, 11:22 PM
if you can shoot an rt'd tippy that fast, i'm willing to bet the thing bounces like nuts or just runs away all together. if its not field legal then whats the point.

and if your tippy IS field legal, then i think your one of a very small handful that can legally outshoot a halo with a tippy. i've seen plenty of people with rt'd tippmanns, and they were definately pretty fast, but weren't 18+bps fast, thats for sure.

the RT is legal. the 98 internals are set up to cycle around 50 bps. NNewb got his to 23bps with a super RT. yes, if RT's are allowed, it is legal, no run away.

geekwarrior
08-18-2006, 11:28 PM
ANYWAYS, i love tippmanns and am thinking of buying one just to haul to scenarios n stuff. i don't see why the TOTM thread is so funny. i've seen some pretty unique and cool tippy setups before. oh well.

ehhh....unless there made to look like real guns like the ak above, i think there kinda ugly...but to each his won

there's no denying there reliable though

wimag
08-18-2006, 11:30 PM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1698526
:spit_take

The best part is that in addition to the best woosball TOTM, get this... there's a best speedball TOTM too. :rofl: Wow, a competition to make the best tippmann speedball gun - that really would be something to do huh. :D

I Loled so hard I cried :cry:

...aestetically pleasing tippmann's :spit_take :rofl:

i believe Tippman sponsors a speedball team, Tippman Effect in Division 2 of the PSP. They may not be at the top of their division but they are in there and factory sponsored.
Doing alot more than AGD to make a presence on both fronts.

geekwarrior
08-18-2006, 11:32 PM
i believe Tippman sponsors a speedball team, Tippman Effect in Division 2 of the PSP. They may not be at the top of their division but they are in there and factory sponsored.
Doing alot more than AGD to make a presence on both fronts.

yeah, it was kinda mentioned above......and as for the last part, well AGD, you got served :dance:

edit: dear lord, my bannanas stopped dancing again!!

wimag
08-18-2006, 11:39 PM
[QUOTE=geekwarrior]yeah, it was kinda mentioned above......and as for the last part, well AGD, you got served :dance:

QUOTE]

missed it three times. oh well at least the name of the team and division got in there.

bunny5
08-24-2006, 02:33 PM
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/38000/Rob.jpg
me playing in splatbrothers VA 4 years ago

Coolest tippmann ever? :)

dahoeb
08-24-2006, 03:48 PM
that is a pretty nifty tippmann. first yellow tippy i've ever laid eyes on, and it doens't look half bad.

Pneumagger
08-24-2006, 03:58 PM
My point is that sure they're fast, but they have to ergonomically the worst gun for speedball. The only thing they share in common with a tourney marker is BPS. They are not compact, light, low recoil, etc. I was just pointing out that they make nice custom scenarioguns...but their application to the speedball field is novice at best.

I mean, even tippmann themselves tried to comout with a tourney style marker. And they produced the triumph. They'll probably be issuing an industry-wide formal appology for that one any day now. :tard:

SummaryJudgement
08-24-2006, 05:25 PM
I love the stock C3 :rofl:

dahoeb
08-24-2006, 05:38 PM
My point is that sure they're fast, but they have to ergonomically the worst gun for speedball.
so true, but its just part of the beauty of tippmanns though :) playing speedball with one is almost an art

ahellers
08-25-2006, 01:41 AM
yeah, i dont care how many guns i own i will alwas take my ond model 98 to the field with me, because i know if every other gun in the world breaks down that 98 will still work.
some guy at a field (who was all agg speedballed out) told be is buddys house burnt down and the only things that survied was his 98s, and they still shot.
t

punkncat
08-25-2006, 06:24 AM
some guy at a field (who was all agg speedballed out) told be is buddys house burnt down and the only things that survied was his 98s, and they still shot.
t

SHENS

dahoeb
08-25-2006, 10:29 AM
yeah, i dont care how many guns i own i will alwas take my ond model 98 to the field with me, because i know if every other gun in the world breaks down that 98 will still work.
t

I BELIEVE IT! my homefield burned to the ground. all the rentals were tippmanns and most of them still worked. the a-5's had a few external parts that needed replacing (eg. the hoppers melted) but otherwise, all but a few were still salvageable (sp?)
tough guns.

thecavemankevin
08-25-2006, 10:40 AM
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/38000/Rob.jpg
me playing in splatbrothers VA 4 years ago

Coolest tippmann ever? :)

dude, i think i remember playing you....or you tippmann anyways

bunny5
08-25-2006, 09:30 PM
dude, i think i remember playing you....or you tippmann anyways

Ya, that tippmann did suck alot in speedball, but meh :) Goodtimes tho.

thecavemankevin: Goodtime :D That was my first tournament ever. Splatbrothers>Pevs.... :D

If i remember correctly I talked to you for a bit and then Josh Silvermen released his blue xmag and everyone ran over to check it out. Good stuff tho :cheers: