PDA

View Full Version : 12v revy experiment

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-25-2001, 06:55 PM
i have 2 12v revys. i'm pretty sure my black one is a standard vl pre-be 12v. now i have a blue one that i had to switch out a few things. i had gotten the evolution(don't ask me why) a while ago that had broken. i was going to get it fixed but i just bought a 12v case. i took the motor out of the evo and put it in with the board of an OLD 12v and a new sensor. it worked fine but i noticed it had the pause of be 12v. whatever, still works fine.

i had the evo paddle and saw the thread on how to do the mod to them and put it in a 12v. i cut the arms, drilled the holes, and used weed wacker line for the arms. i took one 140 pod of paint and timed how long each revy took to empty it(with the exception of the last 2-3 balls bobbling in the hopper). now i wish i timed it before the mod, but i didn't. with the mod done in the 12v without the pause, it took an average of 11.96 seconds. it took the 12v with the standard paddle and the pause 14.06 seconds. both of those are averages of 6 times and with the same set of batteries. i have another standard 4 arm paddle that i'm going to switch out with the modified one and i'll time it, but that's for another time.

giblit
12-25-2001, 08:50 PM
how the hell did you come to think to do this. i have a couple revs and i have a friend that has a couple of evos and i want to know how you did this so i can do the same thing and see if it will give the same results. who knows you could of stumbled onto a really good idea and maybe able to market this and make some money. let view loader know what you did you could probably get some money out of it.:D

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-25-2001, 11:08 PM
it wasn't my idea, i saw it in some other thread. the only thing i really did was made a 12v revy with a 4 arm paddle and turned it into a 6.

paintballer187
12-26-2001, 09:18 AM
good experiment man, atleast we know the weekwacker mod works.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-26-2001, 10:21 AM
c that's just the thing. it could be that it's a pre-be 12v and that could be why it's faster. i need to put the 4 arm paddle back in and try it again. all depends on how lazy i am.

paintballer187
12-26-2001, 02:17 PM
ok i see what you are saying about the pre BE, i didn't realize that the first time i read it.

Vegeta
12-26-2001, 03:56 PM
screw electronic hoppers.. im going back to 10 round tubes!
How do you make a 10 round feed faster? Put a spring in the bottom of it! that'll keep up with an emag set to 20 bps any day! (considering that entire 10 round tube would be empty in 0.5 seconds, if it could keep up.)