PDA

View Full Version : first car accidnet....

CKY_Alliance
08-20-2006, 01:24 PM
so i was driving along today,and i stopped at a stop light it turned green, i began going through the intersection and next thing i know im out of my seat....and my truck it pointed about a totally different driection then i started....so some dumb goober decided to run the light and plowed into my front end...luckly they had insurance but the guy driving did not have a US license just his mexican one...so ye...my truck is screwed and now im waiting for the insurance people..to see what they are gonna do...lucly i wasnt hurt...pretty sure ill be soor (sp?) in the morning but we will see..thouhgt id share.. :(

billybob_81067
08-20-2006, 01:53 PM
That sucks! What kinda vehicle were you driving and what was he driving? How bad was the damage to your vehicle?

I was in a similiar situation where a person ran a stop sign and ran into my 93 F-150 right in the drivers side door. crunched the cab, bed, broke a rear leaf spring, and bent up my rear axle housing. Insurance totaled it and I bought it back for $200 bucks or something ridiculously low like that. Also with the check they gave me I was almost able to completely pay for my 95 F-250 Powerstroke. So good things can come out of these type of things! :)

CKY_Alliance
08-20-2006, 02:07 PM
its a 95 ford ranger...such a good truck ill never get the money its worth..it only has 61,000 miles on it and runs (ran) great...had a few nicks in the paint, but thats expected...he was driving a chevy silverado...

im pretty sure the front clip is bent, engine is making a funny noise....the tire rubs the front fender, windshield is cracked...lights are smashed in..i think there is a lot of unseen damage, i think the frame is bent..something is out of line i know that much.

ye if they say its totalled..then we are going to ask to keep the truck because there are still good parts on it.

gimp
08-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Yikes. Glad your ok. Your lucky you weren't on a motorcycle.

Confused+Paintball=Broke
08-20-2006, 02:37 PM
say you have back problems, that always gets you thousands extra. sorry for your wreck, my friend has a truck just like yours, and there pretty freakin sweet

bentothejam1n
08-20-2006, 03:34 PM
after i got in a wreck i didnt drive for 2 months because i couldnt trust anybody on the road

CKY_Alliance
08-20-2006, 03:44 PM
say you have back problems, that always gets you thousands extra. sorry for your wreck, my friend has a truck just like yours, and there pretty freakin sweet
The wreck happened not far from my house and since the truck is slightly drivable..well not safely...we just drove it home and i oppted to ride with my mom,but i have no problem driving i would jump in one of our other cars a go where ever right now..no reason to be scared if its goin to happen..then its goin to happen there no preventing it.