PDA

View Full Version : Valve Problem?

UnderCurrent
08-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Ok, this is still the same problem that I was having, but now it has changed slightly and I will have a better description this time around. To start, I have a minimag body, with a Retro Valve and Lvl10, and an intelliframe. Iv got a check-it on/off asa with macroline, incase that matters.

I took my gun out yesterday to see if it was still having problems. I gassed it up, and there was no leaks as far as I could hear. When I sounded kinda like it was short stroking, and the balls were only going maybe 3 to 5 feet. The first 3 shots were just like that, then it shot normally for maybe 7 or 8 shots, and I didnt have a chrono because I was at home, but it seemed like some where shooting faster or slower than others. After those 7 or 8 shots they would do what they did when I had just gassed it up, and the cycle would continue like that.

Im assuming that it would be a valve problem, but I havent had the mag for that long, so Im not sure what it could be beyond that. :tard: Help is appreciated.

xen_100
08-21-2006, 05:51 PM
I have found that most problems with a mag result from a worn o-ring. if you haven't replaced the internal o-ring in a while, get a kit. it almost sounds like you are either short stroking it like mad, or the reg seat is bad.

UnderCurrent
08-23-2006, 05:14 PM
Incase this is at all beneficial to anyone, I took the gun to my local pro-shop where I had bought it used, and apparently what it was was that the previous had shaved down the on/off pin to try and make it faster, but it was a little too much I guess, so it was short stroking horribly. So I bought a new pin ($8 :eek: ) After that I just needed the lvl10 tuned, and it works great now.

xen_100
08-23-2006, 05:20 PM
that will do it..........shaving down the on/off pin will make it more reactive, but is not recommended. you saw what happens when it gets shaved to far. ( and we are talking about a 1/32" here to play with)

UnderCurrent
08-23-2006, 05:35 PM
Yea, I guess then the guy wasnt too sure what he was doing. Even the mag expert at the shop by my house said that when it actually did fire, it was reallllly fast, but I wouldnt say it was worth it, seeing as I was shortstroking maybe every 4 out of 10 balls. I think I would rather have the standard reactiveness anyway, I try not to shoot that much during a game as it is, and with it shooting the way it did, I was shooting a lot more than I would like too.