PDA

View Full Version : anyone used a cd doctor???

wombo102
08-22-2006, 03:30 PM
so yeah, those cd doctor things, has anyone actually used one??? if so do they really take scratches out of cd's??? and how big of scratches will they take out??? i need something to fix all my cd's because they are all bought and i really dont like them skipping, i figure if there is someway i can fix em all to near perfection ill just load all of them to the computer and put them on burnt discs. should have thought of that before. if someone could help me out here id be really supa excited and hug you, kk thanks

Bolter
08-22-2006, 03:41 PM
If you burn the tracks straight to your computer, they will magically lose the scratches.

wombo102
08-22-2006, 03:43 PM
yeah but i still want em off the originals, but thanks for the input

Thordic
08-22-2006, 03:47 PM
If you burn the tracks straight to your computer, they will magically lose the scratches.

Not true. You just end up with f'ed up MP3s half the time. Ive had it happen with a few of my CDs.

Bolter
08-22-2006, 03:53 PM
Hmm seems to work with my old CDs. Maybe Im just lucky.

slade
08-22-2006, 04:46 PM
i used one a while ago on a videogame i bought used that would skip like hell, and after that it played semi-fine. it wont return the surface finish to mirror shine, and actually it will look sort of dull, but a CD player will be able to read it much better. if it doesnt fully get the scratches out you can try using the cd doctor again.

Eagle
08-22-2006, 05:39 PM
The hand crank ones DON'T work, but the electric ones usually work pretty well.

slade
08-22-2006, 05:53 PM
The hand crank ones DON'T work, but the electric ones usually work pretty well.
i used a hand crank one. it worked.

wombo102
08-22-2006, 06:02 PM
um i guess this is to slade, how big were the scratches on your cd??? does it just buff them out or does it repair it somehow??

slade
08-22-2006, 09:28 PM
um i guess this is to slade, how big were the scratches on your cd??? does it just buff them out or does it repair it somehow??
i dont remember exactly, it was years ago. it was bad enough that i couldnt get through a certain point, it cut to a movie and kept skipping and then stopped. it basically buffed/grinded the surface so it didnt have a mirror shine, but it didnt have many scratches either. i think some were deep enough that it didnt easily take them out, the movie skipped once or twice but it played.

it wont necessarily fix all skipping, but it wont hurt. it will make it better.

jenarelJAM
08-30-2006, 09:29 PM
i dont remember exactly, it was years ago. it was bad enough that i couldnt get through a certain point, it cut to a movie and kept skipping and then stopped. it basically buffed/grinded the surface so it didnt have a mirror shine, but it didnt have many scratches either. i think some were deep enough that it didnt easily take them out, the movie skipped once or twice but it played.

it wont necessarily fix all skipping, but it wont hurt. it will make it better.
I had a similar experience. I've only used it once or twice because I don't usually have problems with cd's and dvd's. The last time I used it, it stopped the disk from freezing, but it still had some minor problemswith pixels and stuff(dvd, not cd).

The part where you guys say it loses its finish, you mean that it has those bands that go from the center outwards?

slade
08-30-2006, 09:30 PM
The part where you guys say it loses its finish, you mean that it has those bands that go from the center outwards?
essentially yeah.