PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 Foam

Madmarx
08-22-2006, 06:03 PM
What kind of glue do I use to glue a new foam on my level 10 bolt?

p8ntball72
08-22-2006, 06:16 PM
What kind of glue do I use to glue a new foam on my level 10 bolt?

The Super kind.. :rofl:

back2integrity
08-22-2006, 06:18 PM
I just use plain Elmer's glue and never have a problem

Madmarx
08-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks to both of you.

p8ntbal72 - wasn't sure if that would eat away at the foam.

back2integrity- wouldn't think that elmer's would hold up to movement and temp changes

back2integrity
08-22-2006, 06:36 PM
p8ntbal72 - wasn't sure if that would eat away at the foam.

back2integrity- wouldn't think that elmer's would hold up to movement and temp changes

I used Superglue on the foam part of my shoes once when it was coming apart from the sole, and the superglue literally ate through the foam right in front of me and the foam got very very hot, so i'm not sure how it will do with the material these foamies are made out of.

As far as the Elmer's... well... I think I put one on a few months ago, and it's still there after about 8 days of playing.

Chronobreak
08-22-2006, 06:56 PM
sand off any leftover glue, then superglue it on

11 Bravo
08-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Super glue.

Lenny
08-23-2006, 02:30 AM
TK said himself to use Super Glue. I say if it's good enough for Tom, it's good enough for me.

Madmarx
08-23-2006, 05:56 AM
Thanks to everyone.
S.G. it is.
If the S.G. melts the foam you all have to pitch in and buy me a new one. :rofl: :rofl:

Army
08-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Or not worry about it.

None of my bolts retained the foamy, and things just keep plugging along.

The foamy was for original technology paintballs, modern balls do not have the poor construction or breakage problems of 15-20 years ago.

Chronobreak
08-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Or not worry about it.

None of my bolts retained the foamy, and things just keep plugging along.

The foamy was for original technology paintballs, modern balls do not have the poor construction or breakage problems of 15-20 years ago.

while i tend to agree i have found the "foamie" isnt necesary

the gap seems to cause problems for me....i was trying to get somone to fashion a delrin insert but that kinda fell thru :(

anyone wanna try? :D

Tao
08-25-2006, 10:21 PM
while i tend to agree i have found the "foamie" isnt necesary

the gap seems to cause problems for me....i was trying to get somone to fashion a delrin insert but that kinda fell thru :(

anyone wanna try? :D

They key is to get a good glue and have BOTH surfaces clean. I used a hunting knife to remove the old gule from the bolt and scratch it up (which allows the glue to grab the bolt better). It is crude but works. Next is having a good glue. I used a craft glue for gluing pewtrer pieces (and other metals). I found that Krazy Glue (the actual name) is strong but brittle and seems to shatter at sudden and hard impacts.

I wouldn't go with anything too heavy duty since it may eat the foam. The foam didn't seem to mind the craft super glue though.