PDA

View Full Version : what is the lightest air system?

Drizit
08-22-2006, 07:31 PM
like I said I'm looking for the lightest adjustible small air system. It needs to be 4500psi it's for a longbow so I don't need a big bottle I need it to be adjustible for the reactivity of the trigger, I'm looking for at least 1200psi output and more if possible but my primary need is to run light.

ok let's have those ideas.

nicad
08-22-2006, 08:13 PM
I have a lil 45/45 Macdev Conquest which can output up to 1000 or 1200... they are advertised to be of the lightest out there.
Otherwise possibly a Flatline I know will do 1200psi, and they are decent lightness as well.

onedude36
08-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Dynaflow?

Drizit
08-22-2006, 08:28 PM
I was given to understand that the MacDev was a low pressure system. Are you sure it will put that much out?

FallNAngel
08-22-2006, 09:09 PM
I have a lil 45/45 Macdev Conquest which can output up to 1000 or 1200... they are advertised to be of the lightest out there.
Otherwise possibly a Flatline I know will do 1200psi, and they are decent lightness as well.

Sounds like something is definately wrong with your air system... Conquests are only supposed to output a max of 600 IIRC.

Chronobreak
08-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Sounds like something is definately wrong with your air system... Conquests are only supposed to output a max of 600 IIRC.

agreed

quasimorte
08-22-2006, 10:21 PM
I got a 68/45 from macdev and boy is it light. but it is a preset at 850. just buy the bottle and send it to tuna to put a flatline on it. it will be expensive but if light is the goal go for that.

Ydna
08-22-2006, 10:38 PM
the sp micro max-flo system is pretty small and light, maybe not THE lightest though. I never took the time to check. But it does at least integrate the tank reg and ASA all into one piece, and all that.

ShotOnSight
08-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Smart parts europe just released composite cylinders wich unlike the stako bottles are LEGAL to full in the united states. The stako bottles are made by planet eclipse and are the lightest tanks on the market but arent aproved for use in the united states yet and cant be re-hydroed after is 5 year expiration is up.

Heres the press release for the composite SP cylinders

Loyalhanna, PA– August 17, 2006 – The latest product to emerge from Smart Parts headquarters is the brand new Smart Parts 68ci, 4500 psi fiber wrapped cylinder.

The combination of this compact storage tank with the Max Flo Micro regulator is the ultimate setup for the serious tournament paintball player. On the field, the Max Flo line of regulators show how they got their name - they offer the highest possible flow rates to keep up with the demands of today’s low-pressure paintball markers. On the way to a national tournament, they show the advantage that sets them apart. The Max Flo Micro is the only pre-set regulator designed to allow the user to remove the cylinder, which is required for TSA inspection during airline travel. The new Smart Parts 68ci tanks are DOT certified with a 5-year hydrotest cycle, and are available with or without the Max Flo Micro regulator pre-installed.

Smart Parts, Inc., is a leading developer and manufacturer of equipment and accessories for the sport of paintball. For more information, visit www.SmartParts.com.

Drizit
08-22-2006, 11:24 PM
only problem with the maxflow micro is that it's not adjustible (as far as I can tell... there's not a lot of info on smart parts web site) and the press release says if for LP guns so i'm betting it doesn't go much over 600psi.

ShotOnSight
08-22-2006, 11:33 PM
The maxflow micro is removable though so you could just slap a normal adjustable inline maxflow on there and your good to go.

buzzboy
08-23-2006, 08:41 AM
My friends armegheddon(sp) isn't too heavy and I know it can go up to about 1100. And if you don't care about size, only weight, some of the nitroduck adjustable systems are pretty good.

Drizit
08-23-2006, 10:51 AM
I had a 68/4500 gedan on my back last weekend it was incredibly heavy but I think that's the tank not the reg... hmm possibly that reg with a light tank... ok who know a nice light tank then. looking at 45/4500 (or smaller)

Pneumagger
08-23-2006, 11:02 AM
what is the lightest air system?
One filled with an LTA Gas. Maybe you could fill it with helium or hydrogen...even argon would be lighter and all would work well ;)

Drizit
08-23-2006, 11:21 AM
One filled with an LTA Gas. Maybe you could fill it with helium or hydrogen...even argon would be lighter and all would work well ;)

LOL true however getting fills at the field would become more difficult if I was to rely on a LTA gas. ;)

JaKaL
08-23-2006, 05:24 PM
12grams

11 Bravo
08-23-2006, 08:11 PM
The new Nitro Duck bottles are pretty lite. THey use a new reson that is lighter. I dont know how High the X stream reg adjusts to though.

Army
08-23-2006, 08:14 PM
HELIUM!! :rofl: :rofl: :eek: :D :dance: :dance: :rofl: :rofl: :clap:

See, you said lightest :D and so I said helium.....see? helium.....uh..light.....

ok, i'll shuddup

ShotOnSight
08-23-2006, 08:16 PM
you could utilize Army's legion of emoticons to assist in your tank carying :ninja:

Drizit
08-23-2006, 08:45 PM
hmm that could work, put a bannana man on each end and use the rofl guys as wheels :D

I'll have to look into the nitro duck tanks though. thanks.

Ydna
08-27-2006, 08:04 PM
only problem with the maxflow micro is that it's not adjustible (as far as I can tell... there's not a lot of info on smart parts web site) and the press release says if for LP guns so i'm betting it doesn't go much over 600psi.
It outputs at 800-psi. It's not directly adjustable but if you're tricky you can do it...LOL

DaveSM
08-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Funny but no one mentionned small tanks. You want to use it with a longbow so you don't need that many shots. Then why don't you use a 22ci or 13ci. I know they only hold 3k psi but it's still a lot of air. You can hook on them any regulator you may want to. Not only would it be light but it would also be really small.

Drizit
08-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Funny but no one mentionned small tanks. You want to use it with a longbow so you don't need that many shots. Then why don't you use a 22ci or 13ci. I know they only hold 3k psi but it's still a lot of air. You can hook on them any regulator you may want to. Not only would it be light but it would also be really small.

True but arn't they going to be steel and therefore about the same weight as a 45/4500 CF tank? with the same reg?

REDRT
08-27-2006, 10:41 PM
My thought is why would you want/need an adj high output tank for more reactivity with a longbow's limited round capacity? Doesn't make a bit of sence to me.

Drizit
08-28-2006, 06:22 AM
My thought is why would you want/need an adj high output tank for more reactivity with a longbow's limited round capacity? Doesn't make a bit of sence to me.

A couple of reasons,
1. I like to show off when dry fireing ;)
2. I may want to dump all 21rds fast at some point (happned last time I used it once)
3. I just like it

Munnin
08-29-2006, 09:24 AM
how are the Assault regs by gurrilla? i just ordered one about a week and a half ago.... 3 day service my ***.... :mad: but they look pretty lite

egb groupie
08-29-2006, 09:52 AM
how are the Assault regs by gurrilla? i just ordered one about a week and a half ago.... 3 day service my ***.... :mad: but they look pretty lite
From all that I have read (key word read) they are supposed to be one of the best ones out there right now. Made by former employees of AA or something. Nothing but good reviews, I plan on picking one up myself if I can get the money for it...

Thordic
08-29-2006, 09:57 AM
When I built my mag I looked around for the lightest tank, and all answers came back Dynaflow. You really can't beat a Dynaflow on a mag, IMO its the perfect tank for a mag.

Munnin
08-29-2006, 10:46 AM
From all that I have read (key word read) they are supposed to be one of the best ones out there right now. Made by former employees of AA or something. Nothing but good reviews, I plan on picking one up myself if I can get the money for it...

this makes me happy

any word on the weight of the 68 fiberglass wraped tank? i didnt build my mag around weight saving by any means, just wondering

trevorjk
08-29-2006, 01:53 PM
Dynaflow? :cool:

Dewok82
08-29-2006, 01:54 PM

I can't say specifically for the Assault, but I've been using an Ambush for a good while now and have had zero problems. I believe the only differences between the Assault and the Ambush are about $30, the Ambush is lighter, and the Assault can be disassembled under pressure.

Ydna
08-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Yep that's the difference, and yeah I agree they're very good tanks. Those guys have been in he business a looooong time.

Anyways SP just "released" a new fiber-wrapped tank, it's a bit lighter than the previous carleton ones, only thing is it's got sp logos branded all over the place so I doubt many people here would want one...

Drizit
08-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Yep that's the difference, and yeah I agree they're very good tanks. Those guys have been in he business a looooong time.

Anyways SP just "released" a new fiber-wrapped tank, it's a bit lighter than the previous carleton ones, only thing is it's got sp logos branded all over the place so I doubt many people here would want one...

The logos don't bother me much seeing as it will be in a tank bag on my back ;) I'm all about function not form.

Rudz
08-30-2006, 02:53 PM

QFT

so true so true

trevorjk
08-30-2006, 03:54 PM
Dynaflow

for asthetic reasons ;)

don miguel
09-25-2006, 08:38 PM
angel air, wish i could afford it...

ShotOnSight
09-25-2006, 08:41 PM
holy thread ressurection ... and no angel air is not the lightest by far and cerainly not the best choice, it was more of a good idea that wasnt entirley neccasary and never entirley succesful either

don miguel
09-25-2006, 08:45 PM
angel air looks damn cool and costs alot of money! I saw a rich kid at cape cod paintball with it.

Head knight of Ni
09-25-2006, 08:53 PM
angel air looks damn cool and costs alot of money! I saw a rich kid at cape cod paintball with it.

Dosen't make it any better. I like my Dynaflow.

fullofpaint
09-25-2006, 09:07 PM
my teamate has a angel air, worst air system ever and it doens;t adjsut high enough to use on a mag I tried it, we got a lil bit out of it and then we couldn't turn it back down cause the adjsuter got stuck it was in so far.

for the longbow I like my dad's setup, a reverses ASA with a 45/4500 macdev, we're looking inot a 21ci but idk how many shots he can get off it

Drizit
09-25-2006, 09:55 PM
well I ended up getting a 45/45 geddon, couldn't say no to the price, I used it last weekend and had to turn it down from 1200psi as I was having a hard time fireing one shot at the chono :D I like the idea that if I find a second bottle adaptor I could also run a big bottle for places that charge per fill or when I want to drop on a hopper and toss LOTS of paint.

d4m4don3
09-25-2006, 11:27 PM
I've got an ss25 and a 23ci in tank, I slapped the tank on my RT ULE mag and put a 50 rd pocket hopper on that bad boy and was tripped out by the weight savings, A drop forward is a must cause the tank is longer than most but once you got the drop installed it feels pretty friggin comfortable. The only problem I had was I got trigger happy. :D So I popped off the hopper and tank and put my dynaflow and vlocity back on. :shooting:

btw a dynaflow is extremely light, I've been loving mine, although every once in a while I have to change the reg piston seal.

shaunyoung000
09-25-2006, 11:37 PM
only tank for a mag is a flatline, I used to use a macdev tank, and it was lightest 68 I have had, I'm such the 45 would be a feather :cry: why didn't I get one of those......

d4m4don3
09-26-2006, 01:02 AM
only tank for a mag is a flatline, I used to use a macdev tank, and it was lightest 68 I have had, I'm such the 45 would be a feather :cry: why didn't I get one of those......

Cause you know you'd run out of air much faster when you use a 45/45, :D I find my 68/45 Dynaflow rocks if you have all day air. If that ain't enough I have a 91/45, combine that with the 68/45 and that's about a case and a bag of paint for me.
:bounce: