PDA

View Full Version : Whats the worst job you ever had.

RavishingEddie
08-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Since everyone has cool jobs I figure it would be cooler to see who had the OOKiest job or has the OOKiest job. :( :) Ok I will go first.

When I was 16 I had to chase chickens from my grandpas farm. When I did catch them I would stick my finger inside their beaks and place some sort of pellet :tard: :confused:
One time the king chicken attacked me when I tried to grab it and it kicked me numerous times in the face. My grandpa had to run and get it off of me. :(

Do not cuss here. Do not use symbols in place of letters and say it is not cussing. Do not circumvent the filters. Do not think you will get more warnings. Army

Lohman446
08-24-2006, 05:46 PM
You got your butt kicked by a chicken? And are publically admitting it?

Grey Goose
08-24-2006, 05:49 PM
Workin' for free in the penitentiary.

I seriously doubt anyone can beat that.

Piranti
08-24-2006, 06:00 PM
The worst job, I think I may have everyone topped. While serving time I worked in the Dairy, one of the worst parts of that was artificially inseminating the cows. If you know how this is done you know it could very well be one of the worst jobs there is, and I am not going to explain how it is done as it is rather graphic.

MisterBones25
08-24-2006, 06:06 PM
one summer i worked for the youth conservation corps at j.n. ding darling national wildlife refuge. got minimum wage to do stuff the other maintenance workers didnt want to do. dug ditches, pulled mangrove brances out of mosquito infested ditches, and my favorite, cleared large patches of poison ivy by hand.

Grey Goose
08-24-2006, 07:05 PM
The worst job, I think I may have everyone topped. While serving time I worked in the Dairy, one of the worst parts of that was artificially inseminating the cows. If you know how this is done you know it could very well be one of the worst jobs there is, and I am not going to explain how it is done as it is rather graphic.

Yep, ranks right up there w/ cleaning smegma. Sounds like we both did work on state farms.

Chronobreak
08-24-2006, 07:19 PM
uhm....friendly corner :cool:

:ninja:

topazpaintball
08-24-2006, 07:21 PM
LIfeguarding at an outdoor pool overshadowed by trees. In the late summer, the centipedes spawn in the trees and I unstick the filter buckets by hand, dredging centipedes up by the pound.

dahoeb
08-24-2006, 09:23 PM
i was a cashier/bagger at a your local jewel osco grocery store while i was in highschool.
the job itself wasn't that bad; it was the customers! some of the stupid crap they would flip out over was insane! example: the typing on the receipt not being dark enough :wow: !

it was seriously next to impossible to please some of those customers; i couldve drove them home and unpacked their groceries for them and they'd complain it wasn't fast enough and i didn't smile the whole time while i did it. not worth the $70-110 i made a week.
that job literally drove me into the Marines, and believe it or not, i'm MUCH happier.

CoolHand
08-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Hog farmer.

110 deg F Missouri heat, tin roofed hog houses, foot deep sludge, you do the math.

Oh yes, it sucked.

REDRT
08-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Hog farmer.

110 deg F Missouri heat, tin roofed hog houses, foot deep sludge, you do the math.

Oh yes, it sucked.

Done it normally with a wicked hang over here in Wisconsin.

Being a squad leader of a merry band of misfits while incarcerated in Marine Corps CCU wasn't a picnic.

glickstue
08-24-2006, 11:59 PM
President of a :shooting: college paintball club.

AlphaPaintballRef2
08-25-2006, 07:36 AM
Summer maintenence temp at an all girls college. Yes, it looks like it would be awesome at first (but it turned out to be Dyke U...so it wasn't even pleasing to the eyes), but when I had to clean those dorm rooms and bathrooms you wouldn't BELIEVE the naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasty stuff I saw and had to pick up. We all know that some dorms have some nasty stuff, hey its college, but this was way beyond the line of nasty I've ever seen before. I'll let your minds wander and figure out what it was...because I'm getting sick just thinking about it.
Man, that summer sucked...only thing I got out of that (other than money) was to stay in school...

BigEvil
08-25-2006, 07:55 AM

http://www.zeuscomics.com/images/toys/family-guy-chicken.jpg

SCpoloRicker
08-25-2006, 10:49 AM
uhm....friendly corner :cool:

:ninja:

Sounds familiar (http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202159) somehow..

RavishingEddie
08-25-2006, 11:09 AM

Ease up Waldo, no reason to get all puffed up over the net. Cool your jets before you post. Army

I know I should of posted in the friendly corner, but I wanted to know what everyones opinion was. I love AO'rs

bofh
08-25-2006, 12:50 PM
in before the balletion.

SCpoloRicker
08-25-2006, 01:29 PM
in before the balletion.

Mark and Dave have been slow on filter avoidance lately...

/don't hurt me guys

Lohman446
08-25-2006, 04:01 PM
I'd watch the tough talk if I had gotten beaten up by a chicken. :D

/Just sayin

punkncat
08-25-2006, 05:14 PM

Well I don't know about a chicken....but I can tell you that a rooster will make you think twice about getting too close. In addition to pecking the heck out of you, they have spurs on the inside of each leg that they will poke you with and do some real damage. Combined with speed and ability to fly its not something you would ever want to experiance.

RavishingEddie
08-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Well I don't know about a chicken....but I can tell you that a rooster will make you think twice about getting too close. In addition to pecking the heck out of you, they have spurs on the inside of each leg that they will poke you with and do some real damage. Combined with speed and ability to fly its not something you would ever want to experiance.

Yeah thats what it was it was a Rooster, and no I didn't get beat up. I tripped over a rock which was the reason I did not have time to perform my ninjinsu moves to it.
You ever see any Charles Bronson movies? He always got beat up, but had a big gun that saved him all the time. If I had an Automag that chicken would of learned a thing or to. I promise you that.

REDRT
08-25-2006, 06:47 PM
The occasional house cat attack. I hate them and they know it. I have taken a few strays out of the picture for good.

I once inadvertantly cornered a badger. Before it attacked I backed down. Smart move REDRT.

A rattlesnake once didn't care for me nor I if it. 12 gauge ended it's day

Back in high school a girlfriends dad raised some animals. Elk, deer, and one mountain lion. I helped feed the mountain lion a few times. Just playing that cat kicked my butt. Amazing how strong they are! Had it not been playing I'd been in trouble.

I never have been attacked by any chickens or a rooster, but I have had geese and turkey attack. They died shortly there after of various unnatural causes.

Attacked by holsteins in heat a few times. Not much you can do but get out of the way.
Same goes for a bull. Stupid Italians!

Attacked by a former girlfriends colt. Damn thing was stomping and kicking at me like some wild mustang. She was screaming for me to get away, but I couldn't the colt was a little too quick for me to jump two fences. So I did the only thing I could an upper cut to it's nose. Leveled the colt and gave it a bloody nose. It wasn't so stupid there after.

Attacked by dogs. So far I believe I got the short end of the stick with them. Age 3 I had my right ear ripped totally off. Not much I could've done. Young teen a different dog tore my right hand all to hell. That dog was put down. My two labs know when they have crossed the line for whatever reason. Sometimes I wish humans were that intelligent.

I even once had a run in with a whitetail deer, literally. This doe was startled by another hunter and ran over the ridge I was walking up and she run me over. We both tumbled to the bottom of this hill. both the deer and I were a tad stunned to say the least.

I think that is it for animals attacking me.

REDRT
08-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Yeah thats what it was it was a Rooster, and no I didn't get beat up. I tripped over a rock which was the reason I did not have time to perform my ninjinsu moves to it.
You ever see any Charles Bronson movies? He always got beat up, but had a big gun that saved him all the time. If I had an Automag that chicken would of learned a thing or to. I promise you that.

With Charles Bronson referance maybe a Wildey would be in order? Clint Eastwood/Sudden Impact the automag would come into play.

Never tell the chicken story to any girlfriend or a wife if you don't want to be "hen pecked" LOL.

Recon by Fire
08-25-2006, 10:49 PM
I worked at a Popeyes Chicken for about 4 hours one day as a teen, then retired from the chicken industry. LOL

SR_matt
08-25-2006, 11:09 PM
paintball ref. it wa fun for the first year and a half, the the most evil lady took over and made it living hell

or maybe picking blackberries for this old guy and only getting 1.50 per gallon
-matt

Army
08-25-2006, 11:57 PM
Mark and Dave have been slow on filter avoidance lately...

/don't hurt me guys

yeah yeah yeah. Hey, I DO have a real job too ya know!!

going_home
08-26-2006, 08:23 AM

Ok you have never heard of cock fighting ?
The roosters have spurs on their legs and they can seriously defend themselves guy.
You dont want to get a game rooster mad at you, they are dangerious.
They will usually run but if attacked, watch out. And obviously he was attacking them.

going_home
08-26-2006, 08:28 AM

A guy at the gymn was telling us he worked collecting the "stuff" from the bulls
used to inseminate the cows.
I dont know which is worse, milking bulls, or sticking one arm all the way inside a cow.

Those breeders make some rediculious money but its a disgusting job none the less.

Bear_Claw
08-26-2006, 08:46 AM
Cleaning transit and highway buses for $10/hr.

This was a full time job while i was still in college LOL. Id go to school and finish at 3:00pm go home shower eat then head to work for 7:00pm and work straight to 7:00 AM and then go to school. did that three times a week for a month till i was permoted to the job i had applied for Diesel mehcanic witch is what i was in school for.

Basically their was 88 transit buses to clean every night pluse all the chartered higway buses. Team of 5 people:
1 person fuels and checks all the levels and drives buses (my perfered job witch i did 99% of the time because no one else liked it cause it was COLD out side your unprotected from the weather and constantly getting splashed with Diesel)
2 people sweep and mop floors and wipe of drivers area
2 people pre soak and pre wash the exterior of the bus as well as clean toilets and empty the wast tanks for the toilets on the highway buses. (most disgusting job i have ever done.)

Instructions i was given for eptying the waste Tanks. "Have bus lined up to mark on wall when driven in. Then remove steel cover on floor for wast catcher. Open wast tank hatch and fill with hot water. Then pull release and run incase driver missed the line or youl have the stuff on you shoes Oh and dont breath the smell is rather STRONG. Once tank is dumped you repete three times and finish by closeing the valve filling to half way with water and adding the blue poder stuff."

Lohman446
08-26-2006, 08:51 AM
Ok you have never heard of cock fighting ?
The roosters have spurs on their legs and they can seriously defend themselves guy.
You dont want to get a game rooster mad at you, they are dangerious.
They will usually run but if attacked, watch out. And obviously he was attacking them.

They have long necks. You have opposable thumbs and outweight them by like 20 times. You have a functional brain (I assume).

/Just sayin...

PyRo
08-26-2006, 09:25 AM
My worst job was being a landscaper for a summer. The work itself wasn't too bad bad. The problem was in my employer and my own stupidity.

We worked 7:30am-6pm sometimes he would keep us as late as seven and not pay any extra. When we went home at six I had to drop everyone off then park the company van so I really got off at 7 or 8. Lunch lasted about ten minutes at best, and other than that we had no official break. In the end I made a total of about 9.50/hr. I would also use my own vehicle and tools several times a week.

The guy complained that we didn't do a good job. He was correct in that because we were simply over-worked. He did 52 houses per week with 2 guys. All of the houses were a minimum of 3 acres. Instead of doing all the houses on a road the same day he would have us go back on two differant days wasteing time, etc. We were expected to cut the grass, edge everything, remove any debris from the lawn, clean the driveways, weed the beds, and break up the soil in the beds. In order to finish all the houses me and the other guy would do a quick, lousy job. To make things better he wouldn't maintain our equipement. He refused to buy greese for the lawnmower and when they broke as a result he'd just take them off the truck which further slowed work down. Now I see other landscapers with more guys then us doing less than half the houses in a week.

Basically we busted our butts for this guy and made him a ton of money (I know how much he made). We were severley underpaid and overworked. Then to top it off he still owes me $600 from year ago. Meanwhile he owns 2 Ferraris, 2 Fiats he had restored, a new fully loaded diesel ford pickup, a new navigator, a wrangler, a roll off, a dump truck, just bought a new box van, bought a 900k apartment building, sold a yard he had for a million, and owns two houses totaling about 1.6 million. But he cries poverty and won't pay me. Driveing that van around, being in charge of most of his buisness, useing my personal car and tools I should have been making 15-20 an hour but I didn't know that then.

I was stupid and should have quit but for some reason I didn't.

behemoth
08-27-2006, 12:04 AM
They have long necks. You have opposable thumbs and outweight them by like 20 times. You have a functional brain (I assume).

/Just sayin...

A rooster is the size of a soccerball.

I have steel-toe boots.

/just sayin'