PDA

View Full Version : pnue-mag reliability?

ahellers
08-25-2006, 01:14 AM
i was just wondering what the addition of pnuematics does to the mag reliability? if i could get some one to make me one then could i just put it away when i get home like i could currently do, or should i expect to get all buffed up on some techy stuff. i just dont really like doing work on my guns and was wondering if a pnuemag would be right for me?
thanks every one.
t

BigEvil
08-25-2006, 07:32 AM
If you do it right you wont have many issues. The only thing you really have to keep an eye on is whatever you put in the MPA3 for a RAM; you need to watch out is it starts to mushroom from the pounting.

I had Luke make some small stainless Steel rams (that he sells now) specifically for the MPA-3 that work really well. They are cheap enough that you can pick up a few spares if you ever need them. Ive been POUNDING mine for a few months and it still looks good.

Other than that, every thing else is pretty durable.

Pneumagger
08-25-2006, 08:48 AM
run the lowest pressure possible and you should be fine,

ahellers
08-25-2006, 12:50 PM
when you say run the lowest pressure possable do you mean with an ajustable tank? if so would you expect to have problems with a fixed HP tank?
thanks
t

Carbon Blue
08-25-2006, 03:15 PM
I think pneumagger means to run the lowest pressure possible on the LPR but that is still adequate enough to cycle completely.

Pneumagger, what kind of ram do you use on your pneumag conversion projects?

Mescalito
08-25-2006, 03:40 PM
reliability will be determined by the parts you use and the manner in which they are put together. Ive never once had any issue with any of my pneumatic systems. You will have to learn a couple minor things, but its nothing to whine about. I dont think there is a better feeling than being able to clean your gun by dunking it in some warm water (other then skydiving, of course). The hardest part of a pneumag is just putting it together, and even that is a pretty easy task to accomplish.

Pneumagger
08-26-2006, 08:33 AM
MPA-3 is pretty much the norm, unless your making your own like nicad/electrcian