PDA

View Full Version : coolent issue for a truck

TheAngryDrunkenRussian
08-26-2006, 02:19 AM
AH help AO grease monkey's

Okay got a massive coolent leak in a 94 Dodge 1500 Ram pickup 5.9L I've already replaced the thremostat in it and its leaking from the Water Pump still. I've got the water pump and the hose for the outlet back into the radiatior but my question is whats the best way to go about this. Tips will help greatly.

Anybody know where a bad ground would occur between the 2 batteries of a 7.3L 94 Ford 450?

Sry at a loss and well I'm super tired.

Lohman446
08-26-2006, 06:34 AM
On the dodge there is going to be a coolant pipe that goes into the water pump, get it as well because when you get it apart you are going to find it is rusted and probably leaking.

hgp3fat
08-26-2006, 08:52 AM
Here's a diagram from the parts catalog of the waterpump...
http://usera.imagecave.com/hgp3fat/Diagrams/94ram_waterpump.JPG

I think #3 is the part Lohman spoke of. I think it's rubber hose, but it could be metal... These diagrams aren't always 100% accurate. Most dealers stock it, and you should never pay more than list price. #3 part # is 53008654, list price of $6.85.

BeaverEater
08-28-2006, 05:34 PM
pretty much every person that has a dodge including me does run into the coolant leak problem. But mine only leaks occasionally so im inclinded to think that it has to do with the weather on the coolant lines.

PyRo
08-28-2006, 06:02 PM
pretty much every person that has a dodge including me does run into the coolant leak problem. But mine only leaks occasionally so im inclinded to think that it has to do with the weather on the coolant lines.
Or it could be a failing water pump. It's possible for it only to leak when it lines up in a certain way.

TheAngryDrunkenRussian
08-28-2006, 06:19 PM

mine never leaked anything up until now matter fact the only problem I've ever had with it. I fixed it today. Dang my dodge is getting old 94 with 164K just broke today.

billybob_81067
08-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Anybody know where a bad ground would occur between the 2 batteries of a 7.3L 94 Ford 450?

I've got the wiring diagrams sitting here right in front of me and the ground cables from the batteries bolt directly to the block, body, frame, etc... Make sure they're both good clean connections and feel the cables for any breaks. Only other thing I could think would be happening is that you've got a battery with a bad cell and it's causing heck. Hope it helps. :)

BeaverEater
08-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Or it could be a failing water pump. It's possible for it only to leak when it lines up in a certain way.

ya i know that but jeez stop ruining my dreams, i could only hope that its a cheap fix..... I kinda know its the water pump but im hoping its not cause im broke right now

TheAngryDrunkenRussian
08-29-2006, 10:26 PM
I've got the wiring diagrams sitting here right in front of me and the ground cables from the batteries bolt directly to the block, body, frame, etc... Make sure they're both good clean connections and feel the cables for any breaks. Only other thing I could think would be happening is that you've got a battery with a bad cell and it's causing heck. Hope it helps. :)

going to have to check that out tomorrow. Noticed the Battery light flashing a while ago just never got around to it. I hope its not the battery granted I don't know how old they are, they look pretty old but with adbuse this thing goes through on a daily basis it still runs like a champ. One I know its not the Altanater because when that "Wait to start" light goes out it fires right up with out a problem just when it sits in Neutral or when shift at the wrong RPM's. But soon as you put it in gear it goes away. I might have to add a third into the mix because this truck is getting a New V-Box salter for winter, Next year I'm looking a building a electric start gas operated vac system for it, plus putting on twin bed shakers on it. All which suck alot of juice.

jenarelJAM
08-30-2006, 01:19 AM
AH help AO grease monkey's

Okay got a massive coolent leak in a 94 Dodge 1500 Ram pickup 5.9L I've already replaced the thremostat in it and its leaking from the Water Pump still. I've got the water pump and the hose for the outlet back into the radiatior but my question is whats the best way to go about this. Tips will help greatly.

Sry at a loss and well I'm super tired.
To fix-
Chewing Gum... Bubble doesn't work