PDA

View Full Version : Weard Questions about an Tac-one

killtheoldman
08-26-2006, 08:08 AM
Ok my brother has got a tacone the strange thing is that this tac one has a retro-valve. Now it has an air leak down the barrel and when that happens to my tacone (it has an x-valve) i know i need to add a shim. Is it the same with the retro?

Also: why does it have a retro, did they used to come with a retro-valve?

P.S. Where can I find a cheap/free shim? Will automag send it to me free ?

hgp3fat
08-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Does your brother's retro valve have Level 10?

PhoenixWolf
08-26-2006, 01:16 PM
It sounds to me like whoever sold it to him just placed a Tac One mainbody on an older Automag. However, the Retro Valve IS an X-Valve. It's just one that's made out of heavier materials and is functionally equivalent. Basically, it's just as good, and it doesn't really matter.

It sounds to me like you will need to buy Level 10 parts from AGD (Airgun.com).

killtheoldman
08-28-2006, 04:07 PM
it allready has a level 10,

is it possible that its just the shim, if it were a o-ring problem which o-rings would be the likely culprit

flyingpootang
08-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Move down to the next smallest carrier ie 2 lines use 1 line 1 dot. Shims are used to tune the L10, but due affect the carrier o-ring seal when more then 2 shims are used...

athomas
08-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Check your leak without any shims installed first. that way you will deternmine if the leak was shim induced or the result of a carier that was too loose. Once you determine that the carrier is the correct size, then you can add shims to tweak your system.

Due to the thin size of the shims, many never use them in their systems anyway and never have problems. If you do have problems with the bolt stopping on an obstruction in the breach and not resetting, then add shims to correct this.