PDA

View Full Version : A few New NPPL Rules

magman007
12-26-2001, 02:01 AM
here are some new nppl rules courtesy of Force of Nature www.forceofnature.com

1. Loaders must be made of a solid color.
2. Stickers on loaders or feed devices of guns will not be allowed except for one 2" X 4" black and white sticker. One on each left and right half of the loader or device.
3. Players will be eliminated if they touch the ground outside the playing boundary. If the playing boundary also uses a tape or fence as a line, then that boundary or tape cannot be pushed out.
4. For every player that is unable to be pulled because of a penalty, the opposing team receiving back a live player on the score sheet, up to the maximum team limit.
5. A player that checks in alive with an obvious hit will receive a 1 for 1. A player that checks in alive with an unobvious hit will be eliminated without further penalties.
6. Player uniforms cannot use the colors orange or pink. These are reserved to have protected paint colors.

Maghog
12-26-2001, 02:50 AM
Yay! More rules for the pro pleyers to bend and cheat with! Go NPPL! (sighs with sarcasm)

paintballer187
12-26-2001, 09:45 AM
seems like #3 would be an obvious one

Jonneh
12-26-2001, 10:42 AM
Don't you think it would be a good idea if they also told us the reasons for said rules?

Halfwits like me don't understand why half of them are there.

Thordic
12-26-2001, 11:35 AM
1 and 2 don't seem to make much sense, but then look at 6 and you'll understand.

I think the basic idea is to elimate colors that could interfere with the easy identification of hits on the player.

Seems to make sense to me. On first read, I didn't understand the sticker and hopper thing, but now I get it.

ronron2112
12-26-2001, 11:41 AM
YOU have got to be kidding me!!!!??? limiting the color of your HOPPER!? and the stickers, not only the size color of the stickers, but how many on each side! the rest make more sense than the first two
but on #3, what happens if you loose your ballance, and fall, are you out? the can be a lil aggravating...

OldSchoolMag
12-26-2001, 12:11 PM
I'd love to see someone like the Ironmen or the Jax Warriors boycott because of "Adhesive Reasons":)

Webmaster
12-26-2001, 12:31 PM
1 and 2 are because people are putting 100 Diablo stickers on thier loader and then its hard to see a hit. So they are trying to keep it so hopper hits are easy to see - keeping the shells one color and not some painted pattern or plastered with multi-colored stickers..

If you fall out of bounds it - its your bad. Just like if you fall down running to your bunker and get lit up - you dont get a re-do to get up and make it again...

I think these new rules look good... but just because you dont under stand them dont make them stupid...

Muzikman
12-26-2001, 12:50 PM
Damn...no pink jerseys with orange trim!?!?!?:)

Ov3rmind
12-26-2001, 01:13 PM
Wait, so can hoppers still be clear?

sbikeclix
12-26-2001, 01:34 PM
i think so, beacuase its one SOLID color, not different colors

Muzikman
12-26-2001, 02:40 PM
hmm..thats a good question. The hopper it's self would be one solid color, but the paint in side would change the color of the hopper:)

zads27
12-26-2001, 06:06 PM
I think it's a damn good idea, cuz it makes hopper hits or other kinds of hits easier to identify, and less often confused with your "paintball splat" decal on your hopper. That's what the rules basically are there for.

Now, if you wanted to take this to an extreme, they'd limit the jersey colors/designs, goggle skins, and goggle wear as well...
but that would DEFINATELY envoke an enormous deathcry from all you speedball fruitcakes with the bright multicolored jerseys..
hehe just kidding, but yeah..

well once i get my warp, them hopper hits will become a moot point.

Miscue
12-26-2001, 06:32 PM
Kinda of like how busy, white, and orange shirts are not allowed in table tennis. Actually, you can wear a white shirt if using an orange ball, and same idea with an orange shirt. :)

The NPPL rule that makes me think is the no nylon rule (as well as wool, rubber, and felt)... There's at least a couple different 'paintball' pants made out of nylon. PJs and JT Destroyers for example... I believe.