PDA

View Full Version : Smiling

rmg
08-26-2006, 11:57 PM
I had a little fun the other night. The field owner decided to play a little game, for accuracy.
I usually just take my son, but I had decided to play that night. I put my e-mag away and got out the little standard feed mag.
The game was that you had 3 trys to hit the target, a box about 10" square, if you hit you advanced and the target moved back for the next round....After 6 rounds, and about a dozen or more players, only the little Automag was left. I only had 1 miss, in the 4th round (overcompensated for the distance)
Final distance was about 115' according to the field owner.

Just thought you guys would appreciate this. :D
Hey MANN, it was the mag I bought off of you a little while back. Thanks.

Rich

REDRT
08-27-2006, 07:39 AM
Isn't it great! Many of times the same thing has gone on here, "see who can hit what". With the right barrel and paint most of the time anyone of the mags are on top any given day. It really helps in what your use to also. In the 10 yrs of using nothing but mags I've found when I try others I don't do so hot. Once I tried a PM6. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 20' snap shooting with it. Same range with the minimag and the extreme spead was under 3". That most likely was all me, but it proves to me I shouldn't ever take anything else into a game when accuracy counts. That would be every game as near as I can figure. ;)

craltal
08-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Isn't it great! Many of times the same thing has gone on here, "see who can hit what". With the right barrel and paint most of the time anyone of the mags are on top any given day. It really helps in what your use to also. In the 10 yrs of using nothing but mags I've found when I try others I don't do so hot. Once I tried a PM6. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 20' snap shooting with it. Same range with the minimag and the extreme spead was under 3". That most likely was all me, but it proves to me I shouldn't ever take anything else into a game when accuracy counts. That would be every game as near as I can figure. ;)

i'd say your experience has more to do with the fact that you are so used to the mag and how it shoots that it has become an extension of you. If you played with another gun for a while and got used to it, you'd be able to be accurate with that as well.

REDRT
08-27-2006, 06:56 PM
i'd say your experience has more to do with the fact that you are so used to the mag and how it shoots that it has become an extension of you. If you played with another gun for a while and got used to it, you'd be able to be accurate with that as well.

QFT, but I'd have to need/want to change to make anything else work. As little as I play anymore and I turn a blind eye to most everything else. I really don't foresee that happening.

phizz
08-28-2006, 12:37 AM
I don't know about getting used to a gun I just used a buddies VF cocker today and my god those things shoot straight. Don't get me wrong though would never give up my mag for another cocker... at least I don't think I would.

craltal
08-28-2006, 06:40 AM
I don't know about getting used to a gun I just used a buddies VF cocker today and my god those things shoot straight. Don't get me wrong though would never give up my mag for another cocker... at least I don't think I would.

what I was refering to has more to do with the snap shooting accuracy which is based on physical reaction to anticipated movement.

MANN
08-28-2006, 07:11 AM
Glad to see you like it :D

nate2k191
08-28-2006, 07:49 PM
i had 4 kids with ions telling me i couldnt hit a 2 inch metal pole from 30 feet away with my mag, i hit 1st try, then they tried, missed a bunch and said "do it again" and i hit it 1st try again... :rofl: z-mag ftw

rmg
08-28-2006, 10:26 PM
MANN
Yes, its a fun little gun to play with....I can get a better rate of fire out of the e-mag, but its just not the same :)

jenarelJAM
08-30-2006, 01:10 AM
Gratz. It's always fun to see who can hit some small target with the least shots. I imagine it would be many times more fun if it were an actual field event.

REDRT
08-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Gratz. It's always fun to see who can hit some small target with the least shots. I imagine it would be many times more fun if it were an actual field event.
But it is. Having the oppertunity make one shot count every time you play. Even during a tournament I bet I hit half as many player snap shooting a ball or two as I do using hoppers of paint laning. When I first got ramping software for the Emag I was like alot of players. I used alot of paint and hit less than I did in semi. Now I hit more and use way less paint than I did before ramping software while playing in ramping mode.