PDA

View Full Version : New Purchase

MixMasterK
08-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Just got an Automag and a 68/45 tank from ebay. I just installed the Level 10 kit. The mag has no secondary reg or expansion chamber. Do I need to look at getting one or is the reg on the tank enough?

Current setup is as such:

System X drop forward
Benchmark .45 Grip
Dye Sticky Grips
Dye 12" Barrel
Macroline
Level 10

ttink
08-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Mags have the regulator built into the back of the valve so there will be no ned for another one. A second (or third) regulator will only restrict airflow.

javasnot17
08-27-2006, 04:15 PM
You definitely don't need a secondary reg, unless of course you want one. You should just run a line directly from your ASA to your valve. You don't really need an expansion chamber either unless you plan on running Co2; which you more than likely shouldn't, seeing as you have a Level 10. If you don't like having all that line running everywhere & possibly getting in your way, then separate it a little by getting a gas-thru foregrip.

Earthy
08-27-2006, 06:54 PM
When I got my first mag it had the same valve as you and it had a level 10 bolt. I used a Palmer stabilizer (type of regulator that awesome at blocking liquid CO2) on it with CO2 and HPA with no problems. The stabilizer just made the velocity more consistant. However, when I upgraded to an x-valve the regulator starved my mag of air and caused major shootdown (drop in velocity when firing rapidly).

So short answer, when using the classic 68/minimag valve it's okay to use a regulator (best to use an anti-sipon tank if using CO2), and do not use a regulator if you upgrade to an rt type valve (includes rt , emag, and x-valves). :headbang:

rb211
08-27-2006, 09:53 PM
If you are going to run HPA through it all the time, you don't need an expansion chamber or another reg. If you want a grip up front, get a gas-thru or run your air line from your drop straight to the valve as mentioned above.

MixMasterK
08-29-2006, 12:49 AM
Cool! Thanks! Sounds like I will be leaving it as it is then.