PDA

View Full Version : X-Mod Tuning

JRingold
08-27-2006, 11:46 PM
So I started playing with the newly installed X-MOD Beta 1.8 today... As everyone else has stated W O W !

But I also got to thinking. There are two "variable" settings that are not intuitive for everyone, DWEL and FIX.

For those who have gone through the upgrade and played with these settings, have you gone through the "tuning" process and adjusted the DWEL and FIX?

Are there any "standard" or "recommended" settings that would be "generally accepted" that should work for most installations? Or should we be adjusting after installation?

In the user guide, it seems that a DWELL setting of 15 should be used to start, and then tuning it down as as needed. Is there any harm in leaving the DWELL set higher than necessary, like leaving it at 15?

Will most markers require the correct FIX setting, based on testing?

phizz
08-28-2006, 12:57 AM
have you downloaded the manuel it stats some ideas for the settings

"dwell should not be above 15 if ROF is great than 15. ROF should not be set above 20 (http://www.niedtech.com/index.php)."

also he provides a nice little chart that gives some nice numbers for the FIX and DWELL

Pneumagger
08-28-2006, 06:04 AM
so how does one fire say, 26bps with the xmod software?

egb groupie
08-28-2006, 07:07 AM
I'm sure it's possible, just not with 100% reliability as compared to 15 or 20 bps.

BigEvil
08-28-2006, 08:00 AM

The best I can get is 23bps... with 900psi input on my Xmag. I can get 21 on another, but only 19 on my Karta so far (With a screw in tank)

On an Emag you are limited by two things;
-The limitation of the solenoid's cycle rate
-and the magnetic field from the solenoid interfering with the HES.

JRingold
08-31-2006, 04:42 PM
have you downloaded the manuel it stats some ideas for the settings

"dwell should not be above 15 if ROF is great than 15. ROF should not be set above 20 (http://www.niedtech.com/index.php)."

also he provides a nice little chart that gives some nice numbers for the FIX and DWELL

Yes, some suggested starting points are listed in the software instructions, but it also states that those are limitations that may need tuning. I'm interested in determining if anyone is actually going through this tuning process, or just taking the printed recommendations and going with it.