PDA

View Full Version : Could Pressure cause this?

flyboy
08-28-2006, 02:02 PM
I just got my emag back from having a new sear installed and some other things done. I've always had a problem since I got the marker a few months ago with it not wanting to fire in E mode. I was thinking the problem would be fixed after the repair but it is not.

Well sort of...

Using my Nitro duck tank I've always had the problem, even yesterday when we played and I used it the first time after the repair. I run a 32 degrees remote as well. I've had the tank output tested at 850 psi.

So I wound up playing in manual mode and even then it didnt seem right. At the end of the day my son wanted to play some 2 on 2 and asked if he could use my gun. He put his tank on it that has a crossfire reg installed and went out on the field.

It worked perfectly.

I had loaned my tank to another player that had an ION and ran remote and the ION did fine. But when we put my tank on the emag, it doesn't want to work.

Could there be something in the nitro-duck regulator that is causing this?

nate2k191
08-28-2006, 08:24 PM
if your sons tank worked fine its gotta be the tank right? Also hook it up with x-mod :)

Danimal82
08-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Is it possible that your ASA doesn't accept the threads on your tank very well. Like maybe the pin on the regulator isn't being pushed in enough to give you a steady supply of air?
Just a shot in the dark. Maybe its your remote. I had a CMI remote that would starve an A5 if the knob was turned in all the way, but if you backed it off a couple turns it worked great. Thats just my shot in the dark. Hope it might help.
-Dan

flyboy
08-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Is it possible that your ASA doesn't accept the threads on your tank very well. Like maybe the pin on the regulator isn't being pushed in enough to give you a steady supply of air?
Just a shot in the dark. Maybe its your remote. I had a CMI remote that would starve an A5 if the knob was turned in all the way, but if you backed it off a couple turns it worked great. Thats just my shot in the dark. Hope it might help.
-Dan

I know that on a remote, you don't turn the pin all the way in. Turn it until it pressures up and then go in another full turn or turn and half is all you need. If you screw it all the way in the knob pin can block the outlet path of the air.

It could be the asa. When I screw in the tank it pressures up, it just won't fire consistantly. My A5 works fine with the remote and this tank so its something the Emag doesnt like. IM going to try the remote with my sons tank. If it works I may have a nitro duck tank for sale or get a new reg for it.

Dirge
08-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Some tanks just dont have the recharge ability. When I switched to a Crossfire from a ACI, all my problens ceased. It stopped leaking, stopped chuffing, stopped locking up.......the list goes on.