PDA

View Full Version : leaky mag that has everyone stumped

bisco
08-28-2006, 07:17 PM
got a rt valve with ult. when i had it in a old steel body it worked fine. now i have a ule warp body. the orings are all new and have been replaced again and again.the on/off leaks unless i tighten the field screw so tight i have to use a allen key to get it on and off.could it be the body? :mad: :confused:

SR_matt
08-28-2006, 07:38 PM
well IIRC the field strip screw is supposed to be tighten as tight as posaible with your fingers then turned 1/4 of a turn with a wrench

as long as you dont have bolt stick i dont think its to tight (dont quote me though)
-matt

Danimal82
08-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Is the pin rubbing against the hole in the ULE body? Is it possible that the sear rod needs to be shortened slightly because the ULE body is thinner than the steel body? If the ULE is thinner than the steel body, the on/off pin would sit a little lower and the sear might be putting pressure on the pin? Maybe something to look at. Hope it helps.

-Dan

athomas
08-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Take the on-off assembly out and disassemble it. Inspect all orings, then clean and replace as necessary. The body should have no affect on the leaking of the on-off assembly. The assembly can move up and down in the body and still be totally sealed by the orings outside and inside.

There are only two orings that cause leaking in this area. One is the large oring at the base of the on-off assembly. The other is the small one inside the base of the larger part of the assembly below the top section.