PDA

View Full Version : XMOD or PneuMag?

pennywise
08-29-2006, 02:14 AM
I've enough $$ for one or the other of these two most impressive upgrades; however, I cannot decide which one I'd rather go with!

Help me AO, you are my only hope!

ahellers
08-29-2006, 02:49 AM
i hear x mod makes your emag just awsome but i think the pnue mag beats it on the coolness factor. and keeping every thing mech is kind of cool and worth it to some people, so i say pnuemag.
t

Hexis
08-29-2006, 08:21 AM
xmod is stunning.

BigEvil
08-29-2006, 08:21 AM
I refere you to this post by RRFireblade...
http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2210008&postcount=17

Now go and get yourself the Xmod..... :shooting:

Cow hunter
08-29-2006, 08:30 AM
pneumags are great and all, but for what its worth, i think Xmod is the way to go

11 Bravo
08-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Go Xmod. :shooting:

p8ntball72
08-29-2006, 11:43 AM
why is X-mod so great?
Is it because mag users now have access to "Illegal" modes?

When my local field requires all the "rampers" to shoot in Simi only, my E-mag.. and my Mech mag both "keep-up" fine.

The only reason I can see anyone wanting ether of these mods is to *cheat.*

*{by cheat, i mean walk-on rec play is full of people trying to sneak by the rules.
Turny play is totally different and if your a serious turny player looking for turny gun, A "modified" mag is not the best choice}*

BigEvil
08-29-2006, 12:14 PM
why is X-mod so great?

When my local field requires all the "rampers" to shoot in Simi only, my E-mag.. and my Mech mag both "keep-up" fine.

*{by cheat, i mean walk-on rec play is full of people trying to sneak by the rules.
Turny play is totally different and if your a serious turny player looking for turny gun, A "modified" mag is not the best choice}*

Hmm.. that is one of the most retarded thing ive ever heard.... using your logic, since fields also require you to chrono under 300fps, that would mean that any gun that can potentially shoot past that is illegal also. Not everyone plays SEMI only.

BTW, there is also a physical tornament lock that you can use with the xmod to lock out changes. Did you know that? There are other benafits to the Xmod, not just ramping.

latches109
08-29-2006, 12:23 PM
nu mag just b/c it is fun to tinker.

p8ntball72
08-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Hmm.. that is one of the most retarded thing ive ever heard.... using your logic, since fields also require you to chrono under 300fps, that would mean that any gun that can potentially shoot past that is illegal also. Not everyone plays SEMI only.

BTW, there is also a physical tornament lock that you can use with the xmod to lock out changes. Did you know that? There are other benafits to the Xmod, not just ramping.

FPS safety has no monetary benefit to a field. where-as Ramping does.
Its comical to me that so many players get all butt hurt whenever Rate of fire rules are mentioned. :rofl:

I do know what everyone is saying about X-mod..
Quotes like
"It rips" or "now I can compete"
Not once have I read.. "WOW, in true simi X-mod is so much faster than AGD stock software"

So what Legal Performance gains does a X-mod user have?

BigEvil
08-29-2006, 12:54 PM
FPS safety has no monetary benefit to a field. where-as Ramping does.
Its comical to me that so many players get all but hurt whenever Rate of fire rules are mentioned. :rofl:

I do know what everyone is saying about X-mod..
Quotes like
"It rips" or "now I can compete"
Not once have I read.. "WOW, in true simi X-mod is so much faster than AGD stock software"

So what Legal Performance gains does a X-mod user have?

What I said completely and utterly when right over your head.....

(And btw, with the better shot buffer, the "SIMI" only does shoot much smoother and appears to be more responsive)

Read the manual... its all of the features are listed in there. There are also about 500 posts in Deep Blue on the Xmod.

p8ntball72
08-29-2006, 01:05 PM
What I said completely and utterly when right over your head.....

(And btw, with the better shot buffer, the "SIMI" only does shoot much smoother and appears to be more responsive)

Read the manual... its all of the features are listed in there. There are also about 500 posts in Deep Blue on the Xmod.

By "shot buffer" do you mean storing/adding trigger pulls and smoothing a normally spastic rhythm?

I've read the manual, guys on my team have the code, and human nature is to cheat when no one is looking.

I got your point, but in my experiance 85% of x mod users are shooting modes other than true simi.

ttink
08-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Pnuemags are just so much cooler IMO.

mobsterboy
08-29-2006, 01:17 PM
By "shot buffer" do you mean storing/adding trigger pulls and smoothing a normally spastic rhythm?

I've read the manual, guys on my team have the code, and human nature is to cheat when no one is looking.

I got your point, but in my experiance 85% of x mod users are shooting modes other than true simi.

simi? as in similar?
no no no
sEmi

Pneumagger
08-29-2006, 01:44 PM
well, I'll postpone my voting (the only vote that counts IMO :cool: ) until I test my newly xmodded Emag against my best pneumag. Videos will ensue wednesday night or thursday.

I have 5 pods and an 88/4500 that's ready and willing to put on a show :headbang:

p8ntball72
08-29-2006, 01:45 PM
simi? as in similar?
no no no
sEmi

E-points for spelling correction. your my hero

Mind'sEye
08-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Your decision will partly depend on how attached you are to the E/Xmag "feel". If you like it, have loved it, but are maybe not feeling it so much lately, the Xmod will cause you to fall in love again.

Pneumagger
08-29-2006, 05:52 PM
I just shot my Lvl 7 xmod emag @ 20 BPS. Holy **** :eek:
I just blended 50 paintballs because I had to. WOW.

Pure performance....Xmod because of firing modes only.
Coolness...Pneumag

I vote Xmod becasue I have both and can make that comparison.

11 Bravo
08-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Put the lvl 10 back in.

Oh and to the know it all that doesnt think Xmod makes Semi faster - it does. It reads the switch more and also allows better shot buffering. You can also use the fix mode as debounce and add a few shots if your inclined. :D

Also just because your field doesnt allow ramping doesnt mean that all the others dont. The fields around here allow everything except full auto.

Cow hunter
08-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Put the lvl 10 back in.

Oh and to the know it all that doesnt think Xmod makes Semi faster - it does. It reads the switch more and also allows better shot buffering. You can also use the fix mode as debounce and add a few shots if your inclined. :D

Also just because your field doesnt allow ramping doesnt mean that all the others dont. The fields around here allow everything except full auto.
really? so they would allow you to use uncapped ramping?

Recon by Fire
08-29-2006, 08:20 PM
Transform and roll out, Xmodicons! :rofl:

Loguzzzzzz
08-29-2006, 08:43 PM
I have the x mod and I want a pnuemag...........I vote for the pnuemag due to coolness. :headbang:

hgp3fat
08-29-2006, 09:13 PM
E-points for spelling correction. your my hero

Your my hero? You meant, You're my hero...as in... you are my hero.

Any E-points for me?... Oh ok, I'm just an a-hole.

Sorry for the useless post.

Edit: My use of a-hole was in no way an avoidance of any filter, or an attempt to get away with foul language. It's like if I used foxtrot uniform charlie kilo, or for unlawful carnal knowledge...

Oh yeah, NuMag fosho!

pennywise
08-30-2006, 01:52 AM
Oohhh the heat is on--I love it!!

The PneuMag would be fun to tinker with, but XMOD is winning...

st6212
08-30-2006, 06:48 AM
I chose XMOD.

But I guess it would depend on what you have. If you have an E/X-mag or are able to get the lowers, then XMOD for sure.

But if your building from scratch or have an existing regular mag, then Pneumag.

11 Bravo
08-30-2006, 10:08 AM

Dont be a smart ***.

A-Tach-One
08-30-2006, 10:47 AM

Ok, saying Xmod users are cheaters is lame, and what's wrong with "upgrading" software to get more options and yes performance? It's not "modifying".

So why do you say Pneumags are for cheaters?!? :confused:

Hexis
08-30-2006, 10:54 AM
why is X-mod so great?

Different fields and different games allow for different rules. Xmod allows you to use the best mode for the specific situation. While your normal set of play may not include modes other than semi, other people play with other rules. Expand your view of things, then perphaps you will understand the value of the xmod software.

I love 18bps full auto on my emag. Not to actually toss paint at a human, but for pure fun factor. It's soooo sick to see that thing empty a hopper in 10 seconds. It brings a smile/evil grin to pretty much anyone's face.

Pneumagger
08-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Xmod is not for cheaters. I will be running 925psi 20bps semi in hybrid mode this weekend and we'll see how that turns out. I'm so going to get field checked. :D
^^^
Wow what a contridiction. :tard: And the pneumag is still cooler :cool: Slower because it lacks modes or hybrid, but definatly has a intrinsic touch to it.

EDIT: I love how the settings/modes are adjustable "on the fly" :ninja:
EDITx2: I'm not really helping the xmod cause here... am I? I'll be quiet now.

robnix
08-30-2006, 12:00 PM
Xmod is not for cheaters. I will be running 925psi 20bps semi in hybrid mode this weekend and we'll see how that turns out. I'm so going to get field checked. :D
^^^
Wow what a contridiction. :tard: And the pneumag is still cooler :cool: Slower because it lacks modes or hybrid, but definatly has a intrinsic touch to it.

EDIT: I love how the settings/modes are adjustable "on the fly" :ninja:
EDITx2: I'm not really helping the xmod cause here... am I? I'll be quiet now.

The tourney lock jumper works with the XMOD software. It'll lock the last Firing Mode and ROF set.

Lohman446
08-30-2006, 01:13 PM

Actually yeh, at least one of the fields I attend allows uncapped ramping. As long as the first three pulls in any given second (without pulls before) are semi and there is constant trigger pulls required (no holding down the trigger) and the marker ceases to fire as soon as trigger pulls cease its allowed. Mind you we enforce a three shot on an aggressive move overshooting rule

AnimalMother
09-01-2006, 01:01 PM
I know this sounds ignorant to ask, but I need to know. I only see people putting the xmod on E-mags, can you put them on X-mags as well? If not, why?

A-Tach-One
09-01-2006, 01:04 PM
I know this sounds ignorant to ask, but I need to know. I only see people putting the xmod on E-mags, can you put them on X-mags as well? If not, why?
All but 2 of my XMags have XMod. So yes XMags love XMod!! :)

BigEvil
09-01-2006, 01:06 PM

E and X's are almost the exact same thing. Xmags are emags with a uni-body design, removable breech, and ACE. The 'workings' are the same.

Pneumagger
09-01-2006, 02:22 PM
All but 2 of my XMags have XMod. So yes XMags love XMod!! :)
so this means a majority of xmags in existence are running the xmod, huh?

Let me guess...the other 2 are Pred'ed

Hexis
09-01-2006, 03:13 PM
From a board/software point of view XMags are EMags. There is no difference except the ACE is avaliable on XMags.

AnimalMother
09-01-2006, 03:56 PM
E and X's are almost the exact same thing. Xmags are emags with a uni-body design, removable breech, and ACE. The 'workings' are the same.

Yeah, I know, I just wanted to make sure that the xmod was only an electronics upgrade and had nothing to do with the body of the marker itself. Thanx for the input though.

Hexis
09-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Xmod is software only.