PDA

View Full Version : Waterford, Michigan Fields

StygShore
08-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Are there any legit/renegade fields that get regular play around Waterford, Michigan?

Lookign for a close place to play pretty regularly when I dont have all day to drive or play - like 2-3 hour blocks of play.

Styg

NewbieMagMan10988
08-30-2006, 10:43 PM
Not sure where waterford is, but Colors Paintball is a great place...

www.colorspaintball.com

Mayhem is good if you like cheating and overshooting

www.mayhemsportz.net i tihnk...

Mike

StygShore
08-31-2006, 06:39 AM
Wrong side fo the state actually - I'm about 45 minutes west of Detroit.

Never been to MAyhem, but by the sounds of your experience, not much fun anyhow unless I'm collecting welts.

Did Colors ever get a reffing staff or is it still play at your own risk? My last experience there was watching one guy swing a ghetto modified ak-47 style Tippmann by the barrel at a guy and watching the chrome pneumatics on the other guys cocker bend sideways

oh and watching them blow up a fridge with a stick of dynamite.

Styg

NewbieMagMan10988
08-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Wrong side fo the state actually - I'm about 45 minutes west of Detroit.

Never been to MAyhem, but by the sounds of your experience, not much fun anyhow unless I'm collecting welts.

Did Colors ever get a reffing staff or is it still play at your own risk? My last experience there was watching one guy swing a ghetto modified ak-47 style Tippmann by the barrel at a guy and watching the chrome pneumatics on the other guys cocker bend sideways

oh and watching them blow up a fridge with a stick of dynamite.

Styg

HAHAHA,

Yes a little fridge explosion does happen.....

As far as reffs, I (as of sunday) am one. Durring open play there is normaly someone out watching things over, and tournies are obvioulsy well reffed. I love colors to death...

Mike

Fred
09-02-2006, 07:41 AM
I moved out of the Detroit area 2 years ago...

-Hell Survivors is still around out in Pinkney... great big game field.

-Futureball in Whitmore lake was fun too depending on which refs you got that day.

-I think Atomix closed or moved their indoor field... it was in Walled Lake... I played there back in January... it wasn't as good as it had been when it opened (it was an amazing field back then).

-There was a field down in Taylor-tucky... which was actually pretty good when the refs/employees weren't "practicing" with ramping guns in open play...

-Lone Wolf is on the east side and seems to have a following, though I never made it over there to play.

-Oh, the Paintball Arena in Pontiac... really fun place to play... but insanely expensive... like your butt hurts on the way out...

paintman1234
09-02-2006, 08:20 AM
... but insanely expensive... like your butt hurts on the way out...

:eek:

ya I think Atomix is closed, but if you wanted to drive to Flint I heard "THE BUNKER" is a decent reball field

StygShore
09-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Paintball Arena is closed up, have been for a while now.

Atomix closed up all together

PBX is gone

I still have not been tot he futureball fields, but they are an hour + away from me

I have heard good and bad things about the bunker - they are only 40 minutes away and relatively cheap for all day play, so maybe I'll check it out one day. Just not sure if I want to play reball with a bunch of guys I dont know - cheating has got to be rampant there since its pretty much if a ref didnt see it hit I aint counting it.

Styg