PDA

View Full Version : Barrel a pain in the neck

paintballfiend
08-30-2006, 08:33 PM
I am having trouble putting in and taking out the barrel on my mag because of the o-rings. I really have to force it in and was just wondering if this is normal. If not please suggest a way to fix it.

Thanks,
me :)

craltal
08-30-2006, 08:36 PM
I am having trouble putting in and taking out the barrel on my mag because of the o-rings. I really have to force it in and was just wondering if this is normal. If not please suggest a way to fix it.

Thanks,
me :)

ULE or twistlock body? I'm guessing twistlock.

Are you sure the o-rings are the right size?

K Wolf
08-30-2006, 08:42 PM
lube the o-rings :)

Army
08-30-2006, 11:50 PM
lube the o-rings :)
Yup, whatever gun oil you are using, use a couple of drops spread over the O-rings. Doesn't take much.

paintballfiend
08-31-2006, 02:37 AM
Thanks guys. I was thinking of putting oil on them but i think I heard somewhere that you should. Oh well, guess I was wrong. Even though I forced the barrel in, I was still gentle. :D

NewbieMagMan10988
08-31-2006, 02:40 AM
I tihnk my friends mag had this problem, solved by loseinging the fron grip screw just a hair. I guess the body was just to tight or something...

Oil would help to.

Make sure there is nothing stuck in the grove where the oring goes (minus the oring itself of course).

Mike

Madmarx
08-31-2006, 06:06 AM
I tihnk my friends mag had this problem, solved by loseinging the fron grip screw just a hair. I guess the body was just to tight or something...

Oil would help to.

Make sure there is nothing stuck in the grove where the oring goes (minus the oring itself of course).

Mike

Tell your "friend" to take the grip frame screw all the way out and add a thin washer. The end of the screw is probably protruding into the body and coming in contact with the barrel. It took me a few attempts to figure that out for myself.

craltal
08-31-2006, 08:58 AM
i've also encountered dirty twistlock assemblies that wouldn't allow the pin to depress easily. with the body off, try to push down on the pin. If it doesn't want to move too easily try pushing it down and put some oil on it and work the pin up and down. If that doesn't help, you may need to disassemble the assembly. Just be very careful if you need to do this as there is a small spring inside that could fly out and get lost.

Head knight of Ni
08-31-2006, 03:05 PM
It can become bent from an overzealous insertion. :rofl:

God I wish I had a sig for this. You could also take one of the o-rings off.

phizz
08-31-2006, 03:08 PM
I don't remeber my twist locks much, but isn't there a screw in the bottom of the twist lock assembly that you can just loosen off so the pressure of the spring inside isn't as tight? Just a small allen screw as I remeber

SummaryJudgement
08-31-2006, 03:26 PM
Its likely your o-rings, but also check the pin that protrudes in your twist lock assembly. It can become bent from an overzealous insertion. :rofl:
:eek:

NewbieMagMan10988
08-31-2006, 09:12 PM
Tell your "friend" to take the grip frame screw all the way out and add a thin washer.

Never thought of that...

Oh, and i havnt had a mag for at least 3 years now...

Mike

Lenny
09-01-2006, 02:58 AM
Tell your "friend" to take the grip frame screw all the way out and add a thin washer. The end of the screw is probably protruding into the body and coming in contact with the barrel. It took me a few attempts to figure that out for myself.
I had to do that with mine. Works great now.

craltal
09-01-2006, 09:11 AM
I don't remeber my twist locks much, but isn't there a screw in the bottom of the twist lock assembly that you can just loosen off so the pressure of the spring inside isn't as tight? Just a small allen screw as I remeber

yes, that's true. That allen holds a spring against the plunger.