PDA

View Full Version : Some simple questions

Madman1043
08-30-2006, 10:15 PM
Hello all. I am new to this forum, so sorry if some of these questions have already been asked. I have been a Loyal AGD player for 12 years and have been playing with my minimag ever since it came out. I am thinking about switching to an E-Mag or an X-Mag. Which one is better? Added to that, why can't you buy an x-mag direct from AGD. I found some on ebay a while ago...and what should look for when buying a used E-mag or X-Mag. Any ideas would be very helpful. Thanks.

Lenny
08-30-2006, 10:34 PM
X-Mags and E-Mags are basically the same guns, but different milling and a few other nitpicky things. AGD no longer makes the X-Mag, and last I heard, they stopped making the E-Mag, too, and are just selling off the last of the stock on the e-store.

If you can't find an X, an E with the XMOD I hear is just as good.

olinar
08-30-2006, 10:34 PM
both would be a great upgrade but if you can afford an xmag and can get your hands on one you should definitely get it.
and xmag apart from having a 1 piece body and rail it has a removable breech,it also has uled lowers and ace which is anti chop eyes.also0 if you are really partial to your minimag you can just buy a set of emag lowers and slap it on.you would probably need an xvalve to keep up with it but thats just an option.hope this helps.

Lenny
08-30-2006, 10:37 PM
*Forgot to add in last post:

Welcome to AO, longtimer!

mobsterboy
08-30-2006, 10:53 PM
X-Mags and E-Mags are basically the same guns, but different milling and a few other nitpicky things. AGD no longer makes the X-Mag, and last I heard, they stopped making the E-Mag, too, and are just selling off the last of the stock on the e-store.

If you can't find an X, an E with the XMOD I hear is just as good.

WRONG-O!!!

while e and x mags are very similar electronically, xmags had whats known as ACE, Anti Chop Eye, that sat at the bottom of the breech. Thats just electronic differences. The xmag was the first attempt at a full on aluminum mag. It had interchangable breeches, for vert, warp left and right, as well as a built in rail if im not mistaken. The xmag is also now infamously scarce, as that collectors all around have found xmags to be the ultimate in paintball hoarding treasures

emags however are very easy to find, and cheap i might add

edit: saw you asked another question, paging atachone, rudz and all the other xmag whores

REDRT
08-30-2006, 11:10 PM
WRONG-O!!!

edit: saw you asked another question, paging atachone, rudz and all the other xmag whores

WRONG-O!!! :D Emags are not cheap. You should be able to get into a base model used for "cheap", but you start modding them to the max. You have just spent some serious coin. I have 2k in mine as it sits.

A-Tach-One
08-30-2006, 11:11 PM
WRONG-O!!!

while e and x mags are very similar electronically, xmags had whats known as ACE, Anti Chop Eye, that sat at the bottom of the breech. Thats just electronic differences. The xmag was the first attempt at a full on aluminum mag. It had interchangable breeches, for vert, warp left and right, as well as a built in rail if im not mistaken. The xmag is also now infamously scarce, as that collectors all around have found xmags to be the ultimate in paintball hoarding treasures

You did a great job! :headbang: Only thing I can think of mentioning to your list is that there are 2 body versions of the XMag, CnC and Standard. I'm not sure on official release dates of the XMag, SFL, or the Micro EMag, so not sure which was the first all aluminum mag. So I give you a 9.9 outta 10. :cheers:

REDRT
08-30-2006, 11:16 PM
You did a great job! :headbang: Only thing I can think of mentioning to your list is that there are 2 body versions of the XMag, CnC and Standard. I'm not sure on official release dates of the XMag, SFL, or the Micro EMag, so not sure which was the first all aluminum mag. So I give you a 9.9 outta 10. :cheers:

Dah! The SFL and the PTP Micro Emags both came with SS valves. Xmags with xvalves were the first.

A-Tach-One
08-30-2006, 11:22 PM
Dah! The SFL and the PTP Micro Emags both came with SS valves. Xmags with xvalves were the first.
Jeez, you so right, I was thinking bodies :D

REDRT
08-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Jeez, you so right, I was thinking bodies :D

REDRT is Mr.Obvious. :cheers:

Army
08-30-2006, 11:53 PM
Huh...I never made the connection.

Lenny
08-31-2006, 12:01 AM
WRONG-O!!!

Yeah, but they're still basicall the same gun. Same valve operation, same type of electronic operations, etc. The X-Mag obviously has some other modifications, but they're are still the same gun in essence. It's like saying a DM6 is all that different from a DM5. A couple of nice new features, but it's still basically the same gun.

A-Tach-One
08-31-2006, 12:24 AM
Hello Mr. Obvious, I am Mr. Dangit Use Your Brain Tonight fool. :D :cheers: