PDA

View Full Version : Question about Xmod Programmer...

SureLockRTPro
08-31-2006, 08:47 AM
I just bought my emag off of ebay a couple of days ago and it comes with xmod 1.8 on it but it does not come with the programmer... why would i need a programmer if i already have the software loaded... i was thinking about buying one but i'm not sure if i really need one...

-donald

Pneumagger
08-31-2006, 08:56 AM
you may need one in the future to upgrade to the official 1.0 release or to reprogram if something screws up.

11 Bravo
08-31-2006, 06:16 PM
^^^^ Yeh, other than that you dont need it. I would just wait for the final version to come out and then buy the programmer.

If he still has them for sale. :eek:

RRfireblade
08-31-2006, 06:20 PM
As stated, you don't need it unless you want different software.

FYI , if you send to any authorized AGD tech for service it will get flashed back to AGD3.2.

tippett
08-31-2006, 06:25 PM
As stated, you don't need it unless you want different software.

FYI , if you send to any authorized AGD tech for service it will get flashed back to AGD3.2.

I thought AGD would only flash your software if it is proven to be a software problem. Who was the author of the 4.0 software i had before the Xmod? sorry to hijack your thread.

RRfireblade
08-31-2006, 06:29 PM
It's an unauthorized aftermarket part. It will be assimilated. :)

4.0 was an AGD beta software (Written by Miscue for AGD) and it too will get reflashed back to 3.2 if sent to AGD for service.

tippett
08-31-2006, 06:44 PM
It's an unauthorized aftermarket part. It will be assimilated. :)

4.0 was an AGD beta software (Written by Miscue for AGD) and it too will get reflashed back to 3.2 if sent to AGD for service.

I sent my Xmag in to get the HES wires fixed they didn't flash my software at the time. However I did have an after market trigger which they had to replace in order for the system to work correctly. Maybe I just got lucky and didn't get my Xmag flashed.

RRfireblade
08-31-2006, 06:51 PM
Depends on how close that might been the the Beta testing processing stil going on. Or maybe it just slipped by. ;)

All the 4.xx versions have been deemed unsafe by AGD and thus no longer supported , therefore reverted (in most cases apparently ;) ) to 3.2

BigEvil
08-31-2006, 07:36 PM
All the 4.xx versions have been deemed unsafe by AGD

Really? Why exactly is that? Im curious to know.

11 Bravo
08-31-2006, 07:57 PM
^^^^fa

RRfireblade
08-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Really? Why exactly is that? Im curious to know.

Random bounce and full auto possiblilties.

JRingold
09-01-2006, 07:11 PM
I just bought my emag off of ebay a couple of days ago and it comes with xmod 1.8 on it but it does not come with the programmer... why would i need a programmer if i already have the software loaded... i was thinking about buying one but i'm not sure if i really need one...

-donald

The 1.8 software has different "settings" that can only be changed by re-programming the code into the marker. The RoF that triggers the ramping, is one example. There are multiple versions of the 1.8 code, each one has a different minimum maintained rate of fire for the software to begin and continue to ramp. It can be set as low as 4 and as high as 11.

In XMOD Beta 1.8 I have introduced the ability to adjust at what rate of fire ramping will start for PSP and NXL modes. There is not space available in the code to make this software adjustable so I have given you the option of flashing whichever ramp start you wish. For example 04bps will start ramping at 4bps whish is 250ms between shots. Therefore loading the 12bps flash will make it much more difficult to ramp.

craltal
09-01-2006, 08:11 PM
^^ that's why I'm still running 1.7...

actually while I'm thinking about it and instead of email...

Jay, if I were to send my emag in for some milling and anno would you re-flash it to 3.2 or leave the xmod on it? (not that it matters much to get the xmod re-flashed)

REDRT
09-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Random bounce and full auto possiblilties.

I've seen what a working 4.0 Xmag can do. IMO that is all anyone ever would have really needed. To me it was night and day over the 3.2 software. Too bad it wasn't futher developed.