PDA

View Full Version : Big computer problem!!!

buzzboy
08-31-2006, 05:07 PM
Just two days ago I brought out an old Power Computing Mac clone. I plugged it in and it ran great. All systems go. Then yesterday I moved it and re set it up. When I plugged it back in it made the normal Mac noise. The problem is that the screen came up with a tan/cream screen with a movable mouse pointer. All suggestions would make me happy. I want to use this computer in a school class this semester but it first must be working.

robnix
08-31-2006, 05:31 PM
Just two days ago I brought out an old Power Computing Mac clone. I plugged it in and it ran great. All systems go. Then yesterday I moved it and re set it up. When I plugged it back in it made the normal Mac noise. The problem is that the screen came up with a tan/cream screen with a movable mouse pointer. All suggestions would make me happy. I want to use this computer in a school class this semester but it first must be working.

1) Reseat everything and make sure all the cables are tightly connected.
2) Reset the PRAM
3) Replace the battery on the motherboard.

WaffleBaron
08-31-2006, 06:09 PM
Sounds like you got into a different shell, probably used for diagnostics. I know that newer MAC OS's are more comparible to linux and BSD on the backend and that sounds just like a simple X-Window shell. Check connections and hope the OS isn't hosed.

buzzboy
08-31-2006, 06:23 PM
1) Reseat everything and make sure all the cables are tightly connected.
2) Reset the PRAM
3) Replace the battery on the motherboard.
Do you know the keying to reset the PRAM? To boot from the disk?
What size is the battery.

lopxtc
08-31-2006, 06:54 PM
See if this site helps you out (The forums I mean);

http://www.powerwatch.com/

Aaron