PDA

View Full Version : PC Microphone Q

Mikey B
08-31-2006, 08:11 PM
After hearing 12 year olds sing into the mic for years I figure I should at least be able to sing back...

Anywho I have no idea what to look for in a microphone. Only gunna use it for computer games so I don't need anything fancy. So any info is great.

Thanks!

Archangel Kid
08-31-2006, 08:40 PM
Get a headset not a mic. Plantronics makes REALLY REALLY nice pairs. If you're just looking to make noise, go with a logitech internet gaming headset. Can be found at your local staples/walmart for like 20 bucks.

BD_Paintball
08-31-2006, 09:19 PM
sennheiser makes some really good ones.

personman
08-31-2006, 11:04 PM
Any mic will be fine. No matter what you get the quality is going to suck over online games. :)

Archangel Kid
09-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Any mic will be fine. No matter what you get the quality is going to suck over online games. :)

Not true at all. My Plantronics DSP - 400 were very clear over Ventrilo and CS, until I broke the mic :rolleyes:

Dharma punk
09-01-2006, 08:42 PM
I second the Plantronics DSP headsets. My voice was very clear over the CS servers and I even got kicked from a few rooms for "wall hacking" in office. It's amazing what you can hear with those things.

personman
09-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Not true at all. My Plantronics DSP - 400 were very clear over Ventrilo and CS, until I broke the mic :rolleyes:
My .50 cent ebay mic was very clear over CS (about as clear as a mic over cs can get) and it still hasnt broken... in 4 years

Archangel Kid
09-02-2006, 02:26 PM
My .50 cent ebay mic was very clear over CS (about as clear as a mic over cs can get) and it still hasnt broken... in 4 years

In the headsets defense they'd still be going strong if I wasn't a clutz and ripped the wire out when I went to stand up. The thing with the DSP's as stated already the sound is AMAZING. You can literally hear people from across the map from you running in CS. It's also very very crisp sounding.