PDA

View Full Version : Vikings?

Dartshot123
08-31-2006, 10:40 PM
Alright, I need as much essential information on Vikings as possible! I'm tied between a Paradigm and a Viking (I've found one on an online store that is fully loaded for a great price) for my next purchase and I'm stuck. Soo...

Are there any existing reliable techs for Vikings?
What's necessary to take a Viking apart?
What's necessary to completely strip a Viking for an anno job? To put it back together?
What regular maintenace does a Viking need?

Anything useful that you feel I should know, please do. :) Thanks.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-31-2006, 11:11 PM
Alright, I need as much essential information on Vikings as possible! I'm tied between a Paradigm and a Viking (I've found one on an online store that is fully loaded for a great price) for my next purchase and I'm stuck. Soo...

Are there any existing reliable techs for Vikings?
What's necessary to take a Viking apart?
What's necessary to completely strip a Viking for an anno job? To put it back together?
What regular maintenace does a Viking need?

Anything useful that you feel I should know, please do. :) Thanks.

1.) Yes, there are two ceritified tech centers for AKA Markers. One is Destructive Customs in MA and the other is Gorilla Paintball out in CA. They are both great places for any work you need on your AKA Marker. Great prices and great service.

2.) AKA Toolkit if you want to ensure you have properly reassembled it. However, there has never been a need to take it apart for maintenance.

3.)No special tools to disassemble. Although a toolkit is reccomended, you can use two 1/16 or .050 allens or a fine tipped pair of pliers. In #2, I am referring to the LPR Guage.

4.)Literally, 3 drops of AKA Lube (or your synthetic oil substitute) in the ASA and dry fire a few times. Maybe a drop on the bolt if you feel like it. That is all that is ever required for day to day play. Whether you play once a year or once a year, the Viking can and will handle it.

They are great markers. However, if you like to tinker or have a project gun, this is not it. For example, I am selling my 04 so I can start a project marker of some kind.

Any other questions?

Rudz
08-31-2006, 11:12 PM
akaowners.org

or wait for jdev or steelrat to show up and help you out...

Dartshot123
08-31-2006, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the replies. :D I actually prefer to have a good, reliable, low maintanence gun without having to really touch it except when I go and play.

Also, will the Viking accept Autolube? Just wanna know if I can save a few bucks.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-31-2006, 11:31 PM
It should accept it. I know many people have used Goldcup or the like for a long time now. However, AKA lube is cheap and reccomended. Might as well buy some...

Anything else? Catch me on AIM if you would like.

craltal
09-01-2006, 01:39 PM
you are looking at two of the most reliable guns there are. Only difference being one is mechanical and one is electronic.

WenULiVeUdiE
09-01-2006, 01:48 PM
you are looking at two of the most reliable guns there are. Only difference being one is mechanical and one is electronic.

In my personal experience, this has not rung true. My RTP did not work the majority of the time. It could have been due to it's relative age or something else. But that was my experience...

jenarelJAM
09-03-2006, 03:00 PM
I've got a viking, and I've got an emag. Both are great markers, but I end up playing with my viking almost all the time. For cleaning, I generally take the eye covers off, wipe down the body/frame etc. pull some toilet paper through the breach and barrel, put the covers back on and I'm done. I was stupid and messed witht he lpr, so had to buy a toolkit to set it right, but since then, no problems whatsoever. I go to the field, air it up, maybe adjust the velocity a bit, and it shoots very well all day. Consistent, no chops, no breaks, no leaks, no annoying problems that make me tinker with it for 15 minutes at a time. My friend usually has to sit out a game or two every day to fix some little problem on his gun, I get to play them all.

The only thing I don't like about it is that sometimes I forget that I have to refill it's air... :cuss:

WenULiVeUdiE
09-03-2006, 03:19 PM
To be honest, setting the LPR is a over rated in a sense. 72 PSI, although recommended by AKA, is not always the best pressure. Previously, I ran mine at 66 PSI. It shot much smoother than it currently does. Even though I had to increase the inline pressure, I felt it ran better. However, it is currently at 69-70 PSI, which is still good enough for me (and hopefully Dillon ;))

Robbie
09-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Ya
get the viking the are great markers.
as far as the anno questions i believe that if you mask it properly instead of taking out the plugs you should be fine
but i would want to here from one of the AKA gods like jdev
and they are crazy effient on air ..
i love mine