PDA

View Full Version : What gun/rig does Tom Kaye have set up?

SureLockRTPro
09-01-2006, 08:39 AM
I was just thinking to myself wondering what Tom shoots/used to shoot...

anybody know?

-donald

Pneumagger
09-01-2006, 08:41 AM
He used to shoot an STO Cocker.

SureLockRTPro
09-01-2006, 08:50 AM
so he didn't even shoot a mag?

-donald

AzrealDarkmoonZ
09-01-2006, 08:55 AM
To be honest it was a tricked out STO and did have an AGD MICRO CA.

It was pretty boss, I think he won it from Bud in a game of Texas Hold Em in 97 or so.

Az

Gecko
09-01-2006, 08:59 AM
Last time i saw Tom play (AGD owners thing in 2003 i think...) he was shooting a chord bodied mag with ULT trigger.

StygShore
09-01-2006, 09:03 AM
There are videos around of him using a Chord body styled mechanical mag as well as a light blue CNC X-max - and the ever famous charge off the transport weilding paired Sydarms

Styg

not sure he had a specific setup, he just shot whatever he pieced together around the shop probably.

BigEvil
09-01-2006, 09:07 AM
TK is such a bad man he only needs 20 rnds...

http://www.tomkaye.com/images/DDAY2003_lrg.jpg

Pneumagger
09-01-2006, 09:16 AM
I was joking about the STO Cocker BTW.

That pic is BADASS!!!!

rkjunior303
09-01-2006, 09:21 AM
His auto-response mag holds a spot dear to him, too, i believe.

PumpPlayer
09-01-2006, 09:23 AM
^ 16 rounds, actually, but who's counting?
Love that pic.

AutomagRT1483
09-01-2006, 09:28 AM
I've seen him use many guns.

3 different colored x-mags.
A Red STO at a Paintball Sam's Big Game a few years back .
And that Chord Bodied Mag he used at D-day and the last 2 shatnerballs.

Not to mention the above stated picture of the twin Sydarm D-day beach landing. :shooting:

BigEvil
09-01-2006, 09:29 AM
^ 16 rounds, actually, but who's counting?
Love that pic.

Yeah good point.

So TK has an Autoresponse? I remember AGDJon had an Autoresponse RT at AONJ4 that was without a doubt the fastest gun ive ever seen (and yes it was a mech)

BTW, my brother now is in possession of a Xmag that was supposed to belong to TK.....
http://www.bigevilonline.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/normal_GlennsXMag.jpg

Hexis
09-01-2006, 09:34 AM
a Xmag that was supposed to belong to TK.....

For a long while, all mags belonged to TK at the begining of their life.

AGD
09-01-2006, 11:41 AM
As they say, the shoemakers sons never have shoes. I would usually just grab whatever was sitting around and go play. If it was serious then I would find a warped emag, if it was scenario I would try to find a Tac. After you have been playing for 20 years and shot hundreds of guns there is not much attachment to any particular one. I do like the original auto-response though because it was a muppet mower in its day.

AGD

BigEvil
09-01-2006, 11:47 AM
I would usually just grab whatever was sitting around and go play.

That must be nice :D

SummaryJudgement
09-01-2006, 11:50 AM
I do like the original auto-response though because it was a muppet mower in its day.

AGD

Wow! I wouldn't have thought to hear "muppet mower" from TK :rofl:

I figured it would be something more, well technical for some reason. Something like "Aggressor Suppressor" or "Overactive Opponent Remover" ;)

WenULiVeUdiE
09-01-2006, 11:57 AM
So TK has an Autoresponse? I remember AGDJon had an Autoresponse RT at AONJ4 that was without a doubt the fastest gun ive ever seen (and yes it was a mech)

I am not kidding when I say that thing scared me. I was in a bunker that was already partially deflated and as he shot at me the damn thing lost air extremely rapidly. It got to the point where if I stayed any longer I would not have had a bunker to stay in!

BigEvil
09-01-2006, 12:00 PM
I am not kidding when I say that thing scared me. I was in a bunker that was already partially deflated and as he shot at me the damn thing lost air extremely rapidly. It got to the point where if I stayed any longer I would not have had a bunker to stay in!

LOL I remember that. :D Ahhh Good Times. It's a shame we cant get groups together like that anymore.

Migz
09-01-2006, 12:00 PM
What you mean he doesn't use an Ion. J/K.

Hopefully I won't get kicked off the forum for that comment. :D

BigEvil
09-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Wow! I wouldn't have thought to hear "muppet mower" from TK :rofl:

I figured it would be something more, well technical for some reason. Something like "Aggressor Suppressor" or "Overactive Opponent Remover" ;)

I thought the same thing.

StygShore
09-01-2006, 12:16 PM
A-Tach probably knows what its like to just grab whatever emag, xmag, whatever is laying around to go play... he has enough of the damned things!!!

Styg

StygShore
09-01-2006, 12:18 PM
not sure he had a specific setup, he just shot whatever he pieced together around the shop probably.

Ding ding ding!!! we have a winner.... do I get an E-cookie or anything? :headbang:

Styg

A-Tach-One
09-01-2006, 01:15 PM
A-Tach probably knows what its like to just grab whatever emag, xmag, whatever is laying around to go play... he has enough of the damned things!!!

Styg

Except mine aren't laying around, I must unlock the vault to get one out. I generally spin six circles and with my eyes closed I pick one randomly. :p :cheers:

I also feel you deserve some E- Pie

paintman1234
09-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Go buy another xmag.....

StygShore
09-01-2006, 01:27 PM
mmmmm e-Pie...

There is an X on Ebay, but I think you already have one in that color :)

Styg

WenULiVeUdiE
09-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Ding ding ding!!! we have a winner.... do I get an E-cookie or anything? :headbang:

Styg

Yeah, except you have to mix it, pour it on the pan and bake it yourself.

mobsterboy
09-01-2006, 03:58 PM

ok, someone needs to explain this to me

if you're dual wielding 8 round tubed pistols, why the hell would you carry pods?

Pneumagger
09-01-2006, 04:52 PM
don't question Tom...fool. :ninja:
If you don't publicly appoligize... Tom will come in the middle of the night and SHOW you why he's carrying pods. :shooting:

psychowarden
09-01-2006, 05:26 PM
I generally spin six circles and with my eyes closed I pick one randomly. :p :cheers:

...for some reason, I dont think he is joking :ninja:

mobsterboy
09-01-2006, 05:55 PM
don't question Tom...fool. :ninja:
If you don't publicly appoligize... Tom will come in the middle of the night and SHOW you why he's carrying pods. :shooting:

wont be home
good luck tom
lol

buzzboy
09-01-2006, 06:43 PM

if you're dual wielding 8 round tubed pistols, why the hell would you carry pods?
He mostlikely has something in his backpack(from what he said a warped Xmag ;) ). I only wish.

hitech
09-12-2006, 12:41 PM
As they say, the shoemakers sons never have shoes. I would usually just grab whatever was sitting around and go play. If it was serious then I would find a warped emag...

What ever happened to that blue xMag that seemed to be your personal marker?

cyrus-the-virus
09-12-2006, 01:17 PM
...for some reason, I dont think he is joking :ninja:

Thats because he's not..... lucky son of a mother :hail:

bentothejam1n
09-12-2006, 08:22 PM

Does anybody remember a guy named "psycho" at the 2003 dday?? He was kind of large and was shooting a warped mag and had a vest that had his nickname on it.... i remember more details about him im just too lazy to type more. edit: he was probably in his 30s or 40s and it seemed like he knew everybody

SR_matt
09-12-2006, 08:56 PM
he carreis pods so when the little kiddies run out of paint he can be even more godly and give them paint in the middle of battle.

hey Tom uses the same style vest i have, that makes me feel hardcore
-matt

starchief1959
09-13-2006, 07:43 AM

It's like the Russians in WWII. One guy gets the gun and the next gets bullets. When someone "dies" he picks up their marker and uses it until it's out of paint. If he doesn't find another marker he just reloads it until he finds something more suited to his liking. Duh... :rolleyes:

psychowarden
09-13-2006, 08:49 AM
he carreis pods so when the little kiddies run out of paint he can be even more godly and give them paint in the middle of battle.

hey Tom uses the same style vest i have, that makes me feel hardcore
-matt

I did that at my last scenario. I had my regular CCI stock class harness on to use with my Phantom, and then a 3+2 pack full of pods. I gave away alot of paint that day, because there was a 1 case purchase minimum.

SR_matt
09-13-2006, 02:27 PM
doesnt it make u feel special though when u give a little kid some paint and it liek makes his day, it makes me feel allwarm and fuzzy.... and kind of takes away all teh anger and hate i have for all the stupid people i had to deal with that weekend
-matt

geekwarrior
09-13-2006, 02:37 PM
doesnt it make u feel special though when u give a little kid some paint and it liek makes his day, it makes me feel allwarm and fuzzy.... and kind of takes away all teh anger and hate i have for all the stupid people i had to deal with that weekend
-matt

I did that the last time i played with some little kiddies. Gave them almost a half of case of paint and let one kid borrow my beloved mag......he than ran behind the same bunker i was behind, got hit in the head, wiped it off, and continued to play.....until i took the gun out of his hands and told him to get off the field :mad:

psychowarden
09-13-2006, 05:12 PM
I did that the last time i played with some little kiddies. Gave them almost a half of case of paint and let one kid borrow my beloved mag......he than ran behind the same bunker i was behind, got hit in the head, wiped it off, and continued to play.....until i took the gun out of his hands and told him to get off the field :mad:

Yeah, letting a kid borrow your gun makes you feel good too...unless that wipe that is. But I let a little renter kid (probably 10-11yrs old) use my X-mag for a game after I got out, I was walking off and I just saw him cowering behind the bunker. It was a really slow paced game, so I asked him what was wrong, and he said he was scared of the kids with the better guns...so I handed him my X-mag and said "Now who has the better gun?"

Chronobreak
09-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Yeah good point.

BTW, my brother now is in possession of a Xmag that was supposed to belong to TK.....
http://www.bigevilonline.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/normal_GlennsXMag.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/kartakeeper/me_chord_tom.jpg

?proof big evil? :D

pic of Tom an Colin from dw if im not mistaken

StygShore
09-14-2006, 11:06 AM
^^ Look at the trigger on that Chord... Collin never could leave anything stock could he...

What about the infamous "tongue" X-mag, was that his personal gun, or just one he used for his fetish videos?

Styg

Chronobreak
09-14-2006, 11:10 AM
^^ Look at the trigger on that Chord... Collin never could leave anything stock could he...

What about the infamous "tongue" X-mag, was that his personal gun, or just one he used for his fetish videos?

Styg

i eblieve thats also apneuframe colins got but not sure

hence the reg and 1 piece frame

StygShore
09-14-2006, 11:16 AM
good call, missed the completley custom frame on there.

Styg

Arstron
09-14-2006, 11:16 AM
i eblieve thats also apneuframe colins got but not sure

hence the reg and 1 piece frame

I belive you are right, Trigger frame + Rail combo! I wonder if thats how the hair trigger was going to be, I would of bought that trigger even with out any pneumatics!

A-Tach-One
09-14-2006, 11:57 AM
?proof big evil? :D

BigEvil is on vacation in Europe but yep your right. Plus BrianTerry confirmed it was TK's in a post in one of BigE's threads. He said he recieved that marker from TK in trade for his nonfunctional SFL.

And dang that Chord with the Frame/rail combo is sick! Now that is a tiny mag. :headbang: