PDA

View Full Version : More reactivity..

zyklon69
09-01-2006, 02:18 PM
I have a retro valve.. i put a shim in the bottom of the on/off and now the reactivity is awesome, but i can't get it to work on my x-valve.. any suggestions on getting my x-valve to have a bit more reactivity?

longi
09-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Shorten the on/off pin by about 0.25mm that should give you more reactivity. Be careful to to smooth off any burs. :shooting:

zyklon69
09-01-2006, 10:59 PM
wow.. .25 ?? So i should be looking for a .725 on/off ??

longi
09-03-2006, 04:58 AM
Around that much i would say, the shorter it is the more ridiculous the reactivity. I found this out qiute by accident, as i bought 3 on/off's at once because i kept breaking them. One of which seemed to have more reactivity. When i checked them against each other one was a bit shorter. So i checked this out with AGD and they confirmined this. Ah ha! the reactivity was so fierce i thought the gun was possessd!! :mad: My revvy couldn't keep up with the ROF so i had to buy a faster feeder!

longi
09-03-2006, 06:47 AM
Just to add to that, only take off a small amount at a time, so 0.25mm is a good place to start. Test it after every you take a small amout off. I have heard however, that adding a shim(s) in the bottom of the on/off may also improve the reactivity. I can't confirm that this will work though, as i haven't tried it.

zyklon69
09-03-2006, 11:16 AM
:headbang: yea, adding shims does do the trick, works awesome in my retro valve, i added 1 .010 shim and it's too reactive, i can sweetspot the trigger. I tried a .010 in my x-valve, and it didn't seem to do much, i had a smaller on/off coming in the mail .740, compared to .750, ill see how this works out, and if i have to add a shim, we'll see what happens

athomas
09-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Put another shim in between the halves in the xvalve on-off. The shims do basically the same as shortening the pin but have a limitation based on the depth of the hole and the total length of the assembly.

minimag86
10-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Yep a single shim in the emag on/off will increase the reactivity alot. I wanted to try 2 but that made the on/off stick too far out of the bottom of the valve to reasemble.

But if someone could tell me is there any danger of damaging the valve by doing that with a on/off that is not a ult?

athomas
10-15-2006, 06:41 AM
The only danger is if you "shorten" the pin too much and get too much reactivity so the sear doesn't fully catch the bolt. It can then cause faster wear on the sear tip and bolt lip.