PDA

View Full Version : Emax valve problems(leak)

Arson51
09-01-2006, 06:35 PM
My emags valve started leaking some air from the rear, the hole on the side, and some where inside the valve aswell. so i read a few post and bought a xvalve parts kit, i replaced parts: reg seat oring (31) and (34), and i cleaned and lubbed up the parts in the reg valve pin assy (30) i also cleaned out the on/off assembly. The leak presist. I turned the velocity out as far as it can go before i see threads. The leak presist. I put in the lvl 7 boltI(with the stock.220 spacer) and its still going at it.
What did i miss? Thank you so much for your help!

EDIT: On closer observation the airbubbles i saw coming out of the back and the side were just there because air had yet to escape the cavity and are probably not sources of the leak. The bubbling isnt coming from any external source it had to have been coming form the on off or the bolt.

Arson51
09-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Ive been dry firing with the emag more untill i ran out of air today, it seems to fire fine, but the leak presist, I oiled her up and cleaned all the front powertube parts and reoiled them, I still have no clue what the problem could be. Maybe the reg valve pin assembly is worn out, the delrin spacer on it with the cut on it seems a bit worn, maybe i should just send the gun or valve to agd?

A-Tach-One
09-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Ive been dry firing with the emag more untill i ran out of air today, it seems to fire fine, but the leak presist, I oiled her up and cleaned all the front powertube parts and reoiled them, I still have no clue what the problem could be. Maybe the reg valve pin assembly is worn out, the delrin spacer on it with the cut on it seems a bit worn, maybe i should just send the gun or valve to agd?

Did you open up the reg, pop the piston out, clean it's oring and the reg housing of any small debret. Also, how do the small and large springs in the reg look?

EDIT: So are you still leaking out the side and rear? Got confused after re reading. lol :cheers:

Arson51
09-03-2006, 12:54 AM
Did you open up the reg, pop the piston out, clean it's oring and the reg housing of any small debret. Also, how do the small and large springs in the reg look?

EDIT: So are you still leaking out the side and rear? Got confused after re reading. lol :cheers:

I've replaced the 2 orings inside the reg, they didnt look worn out but you cant be too careful. There never was a leak in the side of the valve or out the rear. I did pull out the piston, and clean it but it wouldnt hurt to give it a second go. When i submerged the back of the gun into a sink, and fired a few times, air bubbles never formed there. Each end of the macroline and the entire tank was submerged aswell and they were also sealed, the leak has to be coming from the on/off or the bolt. I heard a dirty reg piston would only leak out the side, i didnt figure it could be the problem. Sorry to confuse you.

athomas
09-04-2006, 05:38 PM
A dirty or bad piston assembly oring will cause leaking out the little hole in the side.

If one of the two lower orings (Large outer and small inner) in the on-off assembly are bad it will cause leaking out the bottom of the valve into the rail/grip area.

A bad/wrong sized carrier/powertube oring will cause leaking out the front of the gun.

A worn or bad regulator piston assembly will leak directly out the back. The whole piston assembly has to be replace to fix this one.

Arson51
09-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Wow thanks Athomas! It is leaking some into the frame/rail area, it must be the piston. Ill call AGD for a new one soon.

athomas
09-06-2006, 05:46 AM
Its just orings that need replacing. You should be able to fix the leak using the kit that you have and a little cleaning of the area in question.

Arson51
09-06-2006, 08:16 PM
works like the day i got her! Thanks Thomas, ill pass on the knowledge.