PDA

View Full Version : Reactivity in a classic valve

wjr
09-01-2006, 07:58 PM
I often play "outlaw" ball I don't have a filling station. I play until my tank runs out then I switcht to a tippmann and use c02.

I'm thinking about switching from my emag valve to a classic valve so I can use c02. I would use an emag on-off in it. Would the reactivity be anywhere near the reactivity of the emag valve?

Also, what pressure would I have to run my pneumag at?

MANN
09-01-2006, 08:04 PM
it will be a little better, but not really. Also you cant shoot fast even if you do get it ot be reactive due to the fact it will freeze. :eek:

wjr
09-01-2006, 08:13 PM
it will be a little better, but not really. Also you cant shoot fast even if you do get it ot be reactive due to the fact it will freeze. :eek:

I never shoot all that fast. I doubt that I've ever shot past 9-10bps, and I know that I don't do it on a regular basis. I beleive that I saw a video and have heard accounts of people shooting 12-13 bps with c02 in a classic valve. Is this true?

FinchMan
09-01-2006, 08:25 PM
just get an anti-syphon tube installed in the CO2 tank. That will help a lot with freezing issues. Spending any more money on running CO2 you'd be able to buy another cheap steel HPA tank.

craltal
09-01-2006, 08:30 PM
or you can run remote if you don't want to do the anti-siphon

wjr
09-01-2006, 08:41 PM
just get an anti-syphon tube installed in the CO2 tank. That will help a lot with freezing issues. Spending any more money on running CO2 you'd be able to buy another cheap steel HPA tank.

One other reason that I like co2 is that my chrome molly c02 tank is smaller, lighter, and holds almost twice as much as a steel tank. And instead of having to drive 45 minutes to the nearest paintball store to get my HPA tank filled, I can drive 5 minutes to The Sprots Autority to get my c02 tank filled.

Arson51
09-02-2006, 03:01 AM
How do those Palmers stabs handle CO2? You might be able to run co2 into the Xvalve if the reg does what it advertises.

chinstrap
09-02-2006, 08:06 AM
How do those Palmers stabs handle CO2? You might be able to run co2 into the Xvalve if the reg does what it advertises.

Based on what I've read about the way that the X-valve functions, the CO2 would re-compress into liquid inside the valve regrdless of the state that it was in when it entered the valve.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

BigEvil
09-02-2006, 08:34 AM
With a RT on/off in a classic valve, you will get a lighter pull, and perhaps a little reactivity. Since you said you have an emag valve, the emag on/off pin is shorter than the RT one, so the reactivity might be a little better with that one than the RT one.

If you are going to run CO2 on a mag, THE BEST way to do it is with a remote. PERIOD. THe second best way is a verticle tank on gun, which is awkward and heavy.

No matter what you do with co2, you cannot run it on an RT/Emag/X valve. Different physics, different characteristics. Think of C02 as steam, thicker than the hp air needed for the Xvalves. No matter how you reg it, no matter how many expansion chambers you use, it will condense into liquid inside.

For all the money mentioned to try and run co2, spend the approx $200 it would cost to get a scuba tank and fill manifold. Well worth the investement.