PDA

View Full Version : Hey tom should this have happened? Possible warp feed problem...

Paintballer86
12-26-2001, 02:31 PM
First, I was taking the batterey cover off this weekend at a feild and this happened. Kinda pissed me off:mad:
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Paintballer86/warpbroken.jpg
And earlier that week, this happened, the wires that connect the 9volt came off and that kinda pissed me off too :mad:
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Paintballer86/wiresbroken.jpg So could you tell the main office to e-mail me with a ra number? I tried last week, and no response.
Thanks I really appreatite it.
David

Thordic
12-26-2001, 04:02 PM
The case crack, ehh. Tom makes those cases pretty damn strong, I don't expect him to replace a busted case from normal wear and tear (I don't ask VL to replace a hopper that cracks from a hot shot, either.)

As for the battery connector, it happens often. I beat mine to the punch by buying a hard snap from radio shack and just switching it.

For $10 (Edit: I meant $10, dunno where that 8 came from), you can get a soldering iron kit, a pot of tinning compound, and a pack of hard snaps. Practice soldering on some spare wire first. With the tinning stuff, its REAL easy to make clean solders. Do 3-5 solders first and you'll see. Then just splice the hard snap into the existing line. If you send it back to AGD, you'll just get another soft snap, which will break again over time. Soft snaps just aren't very durable.

As for the case, it doesn't look bad. If you are worried about moisture, smear a thin layer of silicon cauk on the of the case to seal the crack. It's on the back of the warp, so I DOUBT you will ever get hit there, you should be safe.

Russ
12-26-2001, 04:28 PM
Be honest, Did you pinch the wires with the cover? :eek:

At any rate you need to have a bit more "finesse"

Vegeta
12-26-2001, 05:25 PM
I think yo can get a soldering kit for under 108$. I bought a iron and solder for 20$ at a local hardware store, and 9v connectors are like .49 at radio shack.

zads27
12-26-2001, 05:48 PM
I got my soldering iron at fry's electronics for $40, and that is considered a pretty nice one.

As for the snaps and case, well.. now is a great time to learn and practice your soldering skills, as well as a great time to buy one of those special fade/colored warp shells.

AGD
12-26-2001, 06:35 PM
Humm, shouldn't have happened. Certainly not a common thing. If you want we can fix it up for you call for an RA.

AGD

Paintballer86
12-26-2001, 09:00 PM
Thanks tom.

Oh an guys, just to clear it up, the balck wire disconnected from the metal thing that attaches to the battery. I just cut that off, (The red and balck wire along with the battery harness) and put one of m own on. I just didnt have any electrical tape, so I used the first thing I could find.

udtseal
12-26-2001, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Humm, shouldn't have happened. Certainly not a common thing. If you want we can fix it up for you call for an RA.

AGD

And yet another reason why AGD is the best paintball company. Consider yourself very very lucky Paintballer86!!!! Send Tom a 6 pack of diet pepsi's! :p

mrhooie
12-27-2001, 12:16 AM
make sure you buy some heat shrink tubing - electrical tape is the DEVIL!!

I guess anything is good in a pinch - but on a coneection like that, you want it soldered and heatshrink tubed...

just my thoughts

BlueMagRT
12-27-2001, 09:06 AM
Agd was so nice to me i had exactly the same problem plus a crack at the vibration sensor rivet. they gave me a new back half to fix the crack and the missing chunk and put a new 9v lead on it for me. as a bonus they gave me the neve style battery lid which slides on and off a little easier