PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to uncap a board?

gunslinger7
09-02-2006, 01:00 PM
My friend and I are going customize a VL Triad. Were going to... well because it's something to do. We have many many guns, and a lot of experience, so dont even try to call us "newbies." We were going to customly fit a spyder frame to it, but then realized Viewloader sells an electro frame for it already. Unfortunatly this frame's board is capped at 7bps. Is there anyway to bypass this? Please let me know!

'slinger :shooting:

eNder159
09-02-2006, 01:40 PM
well if u guys werent noobs you wouldnt have to ask us would you?

gunslinger7
09-02-2006, 02:05 PM
well if u guys werent noobs you wouldnt have to ask us would you?

Well thank you for all your help! :tard:

psychowarden
09-02-2006, 02:56 PM
I dont know how you would go about doing that, but you could try getting a T-board for it.

gunslinger7
09-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Now see that was an honest structured answer.

Thank you, I will take that into considertaion.

BigEvil
09-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Unless you can re-flash it, then probably not. Look into swapping it with a t-board

HuD1Ni
09-02-2006, 04:28 PM
learn how to program in... ( C#? )

then find a way of getting your code to the board..

RRfireblade
09-02-2006, 04:34 PM
No.

You can't flash , reprogram , un-capp a VL/BE board.

(Unless of course you had rare uncapped , dual buffered proto test board. :ninja: )

gunslinger7
09-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Alright everyone thank you! Does anyone know if its possible to stick a T Board in there? Or should I just modify a spyder ESP frame to fit it? I heard spyder frames are metric units and VL frames are standard units of measure. Any ideas?

gunslinger7
09-03-2006, 11:11 AM
??

ahellers
09-03-2006, 11:35 AM
i belive thats true, i know when i work on an old spyder its always a pain cause every things in metric units, allen wrenches ect.
t

gunslinger7
09-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Ok thank you, but what about the T-Board idea?

craltal
09-03-2006, 12:26 PM
it all depends on the relative size of the components. Without finding at least a picture of the insides of the frame and the size of the t-board it'll be difficult to give you an exact answer. I would think that most people would steer clear of the VL/ BE parts because of the reputation that they have for low quality. As for the Spyder frame, the fact that they have metric parts isn't a big deal. If you are modifying the insides, the existing screws would still work, besides you be using the screws from the VL anyways and will probably have to drill new attachment holes in the frame anyway.

Just some friendly advice which you are welcome to do with as you please, when you come in here and state:
"We have many many guns, and a lot of experience, so dont even try to call us "newbies."
your argumentative tone starts off by putting people on the defensive.

jenarelJAM
09-03-2006, 02:25 PM
If I were going to do it, I would "create" my own board. I mean, if you want to save about $100, and make yourself a basicly uncapped "board," I think you can do it with a pancake solenoid, a battery, a capacitor, a switch, and some wire... I'd have to look it up. But that's what I would do...

gunslinger7
09-03-2006, 04:42 PM
Thank you everyone and thank you for the advice.
The only reason I stated it is because when ever somone see's Viewloader or Brass Eagle, they instantly think "noob." I understand what you are saying though. Thank you.

craltal
09-03-2006, 08:47 PM
The only reason I stated it is because when ever somone see's Viewloader or Brass Eagle, they instantly think "noob." I understand what you are saying though. Thank you.

:cheers:

tyrion2323
09-04-2006, 04:50 PM
It is kind of a newbish question, though :) Good luck with the Tboard

Lohman446
09-04-2006, 05:03 PM

Actually I tend to think "noob" whenever someone sees it necessary to have to qualify why they own a particular marker ;)