PDA

View Full Version : IMA proud papa

robnix
09-02-2006, 02:37 PM
I think I'll name her 'Scorn'.

http://seattlesoho.com/scorn/scorn-a-002.JPG

http://seattlesoho.com/scorn/scorn-a-003.JPG

http://seattlesoho.com/scorn/scorn-a-006.JPG

Now I just need to find nickel fittings to relpace the brass, and a longer piece of SS Hose.

robnix
09-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Sweet looking marker! :hail:

Thanks! It wouldn't have been possible without those great aftermarket parts that are available at select mag dealers! ;)

Jimbud
09-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Very nice!
How are you securing the actuator in the frame?

robnix
09-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Very nice!
How are you securing the actuator in the frame?

Thanks!

Right now it's pretty solidly in there. I fired off a few hundred shots without it budging. I shaved off just enough of it to squeeze it pretty tightly inside. The back is against the frame, so there's no motion in that direction. It's going off to anno in a few weeks as well, so I'll wait until it gets back before I decide. I really want to avoid drilling the frame for set screws, so I'm either going to research some sort of adhesive that can be dissolved if I want to remove the pnuematics, or work something out that uses the grip screw holes.

Jimbud
09-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Is it walkable?

Mine is not quite walkable and I think it may be that my actuator is sitting too high on the sear, therfore requiring higher that needed pressure to function. Yours seems to be pretty high also.

Are you using a ULT?

robnix
09-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Is it walkable?

Mine is not quite walkable and I think it may be that my actuator is sitting too high on the sear, therfore requiring higher that needed pressure to function. Yours seems to be pretty high also.

Are you using a ULT?

Yes, there's a ULT in there.It's fast, and the trigger pull is very light, so I think I'm in about the same boat as you. I'll see about dropping the mpa3 down a bit. I was going to try that anyway so I could use the grip screws as set screws. BTW, as reference, it takes 7 dimes on the trigger to fire a shot, which should make for about a 16 gram pull.

behemoth
09-02-2006, 05:40 PM
You should just give me that frame.

Kthx.

robnix
09-02-2006, 05:42 PM
You should just give me that frame.

Kthx.

Can I sleep on it? :p

Jimbud
09-02-2006, 05:47 PM
I will have to get a ULT then that may do the trick for me.

I am using an Emag on/off at the moment and I would guess that my trigger pull is way more than 16 grams.

I just picked up a UMF frame also. That one is going Electro-Pneumatic :D

robnix
09-02-2006, 06:00 PM

I am using an Emag on/off at the moment and I would guess that my trigger pull is way more than 16 grams.

NICE!

robnix
09-02-2006, 06:16 PM

Well, I have to change the initial assesment of trigger pull. It was way too light and the msv-2 stopped returning, so I had to up the pressure. It's still very light though, I'm going to see about moving the mpa3 down to see if that will help some.

jenarelJAM
09-03-2006, 02:40 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: