PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 89 gm truck

Soopa Villain17
09-02-2006, 06:14 PM
on my 89 sierra's thermostat housing bolt there is what appears to be a ground of some type and when the previous owners put a new t-stat in they put it upside down so the little ridges are now facing up and wont allow me to remove the first nut. now im sure somebody knows what this piece is and if it would be alright if i snipped a little piece of it off so i could get it off. also any tips on removing the o2 sensor ? like if i should do it will the manifold is warm or cool, wd40 ? thanks

PyRo
09-02-2006, 11:53 PM
I know what ground you're talking about. I also didn't have any problems getting the thermostat out although I forget exactly how I did it and exactly how it was setup. Use your Just undo what they did to get it on there.

As for the 02 sensor their is no trick to it just get somthing on it and turn.

Soopa Villain17
09-03-2006, 07:03 AM
I know what ground you're talking about. I also didn't have any problems getting the thermostat out although I forget exactly how I did it and exactly how it was setup. Use your Just undo what they did to get it on there.

As for the 02 sensor their is no trick to it just get somthing on it and turn.

you know how some washers have little tabs on the bottom to keep it from spinning ? well they put it on upside down so now the top nut wont come off. i was told to take the 02 sensor out when its warm because the metal expands or something blah blah blah , thats why i asked. its a very tight space in there , i even have the special 7/8 socket but there is like no space , maybe ill try going in threw the bottom

PyRo
09-03-2006, 09:06 AM
you know how some washers have little tabs on the bottom to keep it from spinning ? well they put it on upside down so now the top nut wont come off. i was told to take the 02 sensor out when its warm because the metal expands or something blah blah blah , thats why i asked. its a very tight space in there , i even have the special 7/8 socket but there is like no space , maybe ill try going in threw the bottom
Bend the tab so you can spin it...
THe 02 sensor is pretty easy to get to, try from the bottom if you have trouble. As for the metal expanding when it's hot that's true. But the 02 sensor is going to expand as much as the manifold so you're not getting anywhere.