PDA

View Full Version : Is this true? An impulse actually runs better of co2 then nitro???????????/

wicked_mag
12-26-2001, 04:28 PM
I am thinking about getting a vision impulse the only problem is i don't have the money for the nitro tank. Also i play in like 20-30degree weather sometimes. I've heard various times the impulse actually runs better off co2 because of its low pressure capabilities. Is this true? Does anyone actually have an impulse and can help me???

Russ
12-26-2001, 04:32 PM
Man, you are just beating this subject to death!

Your waiting to hear what YOU want to hear!

magman007
12-26-2001, 04:37 PM
"Co2 Sucks"- Tom kaye

CO2 will not make any marker work better ok? no matter what you do to it, co2 will not be better than compressed air/ nitro. Co2 is inconsistant, can freeze up, and givesyourposistion away with its puffs. Co2 will also fewwz up your o rings (which smartparts charges an arm and a leg for) and co2 cna be dirty cloging u regs and things like that. DO not buy the impy an plan to have it work mor consistantly than a mag w/nitro ok? Nitro on any gun will imptrove consistancy over co2.

DYE-BaLLeR
12-26-2001, 04:41 PM
yea i think impulses are better when used off co2 cuz all stock impys come with max flows regs and that duznt let liquid co2 by so performance will be the same but you will get more shots off co2.

irbodden
12-26-2001, 04:47 PM
Impys are more EFFICIENT on Co2, yet when you play with co2 in the winter its gonna suck period. If you cant afford Nitro, an Impy with Co2 is the way to go, as you wont be hurting the gun in anyway.

FeelTheRT
12-26-2001, 10:06 PM
the Impulse and Shockers where bulit FOR CO2. The Maxflow reg is very consistant and will not give u a hard time at the chrono. What? what was that? CO 2 is dirty? Haha, fear not young grasshopper.. the Maxflow's got a filter that filters out 99% of the dirt going into your gun. What about liquid u say? The reg simply vents it out of the front end of the reg so it is impossible for liquid to get into the system.

I wouldn't say CO2 is better than N2 on an Imp... but i'd say it would preform just as great. If you ever do get a N2 system sometime in the future, don't hesitate because they preform like a champ on those. U get about 900 shots with a 68/3k so it's LP with out killing the efficancy.

Maghog
12-27-2001, 06:26 AM
My buddies ran shockers for years, under the same impression that they would be fine on CO2. It just ain't true. Though they do get more shots per tank fill, they do suffer over the long term from the dirty aspects of CO2.
After a while, the things just stopped performing. We worked hard trying to get them back up and running. Don't think Smart Parts will help you out much with fixing these things because once they have the money out of your wallet, their customer service just plain sucks.
In the meantime, we've started running the shockers on HP, and they are nearly back to where they once were. Though they do suck up air quite bit, we'd rather be having the gun shoot at all than not.
The filter in Max flo is great, but you can't keep all the dirt out forever. Get a cheap preset HP tank that will go well with your Max Flo and you'll be happy.
Actually, do yourself a real favor and just get a mag.

PiPDA
12-27-2001, 12:39 PM
Some guns do run better on Co2...Icon Mega Z, either way IMHO i think the maxflow is a very unreliable and touchy reg that needs to be rebuilt every so often. And Co2 dosn't help that.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-27-2001, 05:27 PM
icons. classsssssssssssssssic. my friend had one. someone was telling \me they were the top tournament guns before mags came out.